We have a LT and a capable QB

Dragonborn10

Outside of being schooled by Jared Allen Demetrius Bell has played well enough to pass on a LT in the first round of the draft. Fitzy much to my chagrin has also played well enough that the Bills don't NEED to draft a QB in the first round.

That being said if the Bills win one or two of these last two games and they are drafting between 5-12 I would be happy with Jake Locker or any front 7 defensive player. At some point I would draft another RT prospect in rounds 4-7.

BUT....

If there is a Vernon Davis or Kellen Winslow (pre-injury) type TE available in the top of the first round I would get that guy. My only question is whether Chan doesn't use TE's by design or because the best healthy TE we have is Stupar(otherwise known as Lee's ankle killer). A super TE would make this offense lethal.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

Outside of being schooled by Jared Allen Demetrius Bell has played well enough to pass on a LT in the first round of the draft. Fitzy much to my chagrin has also played well enough that the Bills don't NEED to draft a QB in the first round.

That being said if the Bills win one or two of these last two games and they are drafting between 5-12 I would be happy with Jake Locker or any front 7 defensive player. At some point I would draft another RT prospect in rounds 4-7.

BUT....

If there is a Vernon Davis or Kellen Winslow (pre-injury) type TE available in the top of the first round I would get that guy. My only question is whether Chan doesn't use TE's by design or because the best healthy TE we have is Stupar(otherwise known as Lee's ankle killer). A super TE would make this offense lethal.

Locker sucks and there are no first round tight ends in this draft. Defense, Defense, Defense!!!! (and some O-line Depth, and maybe a mid round corner). :thumbsup:

BUT....

A Tight End in the first round? I'm trying hard to be nice and stay in the Christmas spirit. No !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT....

Trade down if possible and pick up some help at DE, OLB and ILB. Also, we need help at OT. Bell is ok but we need to improve at both tackles.

TE ia a need but not in the first 2 rounds. Why is Stupar aka "Lee's ankle killer"?

If somehow Kyle Rudolph falls to the 2nd round and we grab him, I'll be a veeerryyyy happy Bills fan.

Of course you would - but has this injured junior TE, hampered by a bad hamstring and recovering from major surgery that caused him to miss most of this season, even declared for the 2011 draft? All indications are that he's returning to South Bend for his senior year.

If the Bills go for a TE in this draft, Kendricks is the guy to grab - especially if he lasts 'til round 4 (I'd take him in the 3rd).

im tired of watching this team give up 200 yards a game rushing for the past 6 years or whatever it is. if we could trade back and get a few more picks it would be great. but i got a feeling that we will be getting ryan mallet. after the season and during and leading up to the combine/draft QBs always rise. and im sure teams are gonna be falling in love with his arm. sam bradford last year this time was looking like the 10th overall pick and headed toward the bills.

There's been plenty of recent praise for the OL, and while not allowing as many sacks (Fitz helps A LOT there) they still don't get a push against good defensive fronts. Leading up to and after the draft some around here were ridiculed for suggesting a RB doesn't make the OL better, and that's precisely what's happening now. Fitz is the QB in 2011, but LT and RT aren't set by any means. That is, unless they take a CB and tell us they're the most exciting player available.

Does anyone remember what bell did in his workouts prior to the draft? In the 225 he did 10 and 9 reps. There have been WRs who have done more. In his time in the NFL I am sure he improved his strength and given the chance I am sure he'd do better. But a full off-season of training will make a huge difference. He is a good athlete and you can't teach that.

This draft is set up for buffalo very well. Round 1 34 de, round 2 a olb or a OT. Round 3 best player. I also believe Quinn is going to fall out of the first round.

i dont hold to much to the bench press section of the combine. id rather see them dead lift and squat. and at that it still does not translate to football.

there was that kicker from usc i think who blew up the workout portion of the combine. 20plus bench and a crazy 40 time. he was a kicker

Anyone that suggest Bell go to the right side is twisted! And Bell will be fine give the guy a chance what the hell you guys act as if he is having the worst year for a left tackle.. I believe if Bell can get a full off season of workouts under his belt he will be a good left tackle. But hey this board wouldn't be happy either way..

This seems to be more of a Defensive Draft, I'd do after a DT and DE to replace Schoebel and Stroud who wont get a contract after this season, we also need a fresh Corner back to replace Youboty or McGee who may not come back next season and we also need a Safety to replace Donte who may or may not be resigned.

2 Linebackers 1 inside and 1 Outside,

DE

DT

QB

OT

CB

S

TE

Punter

Kicker

BUT....

Dude seriously? Bell is not the answer and Locker sucks I'd rather Mallett. OT DL OLB that's what we need.

BUT....

We will have a decent QB once the FO get off their a##, stop becoming slaves to the loudest fans misinformed opionions and get MIKE VICK in here ASAP.

I think they should pick the best O-line or defensive front-7 guy that is available (unless Andrew Luck is there, which is impossible). Tight End? I think the fact that the Bills haven't had a good one for a long time has made some people dwell on this position. I really don't think it would be wise to use the 1st pick on one with the other problems these Bills have.

All said I really just want them to choose a player that turns out to be exceptional for once.