Brohm should start last 2 games

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get his 1000 yards because he deserves it.

Holy moly.....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brohm was third on the depth chart to start the season. He's just not starter material

This is a foolish reply to a dumb original post. Brohm shouldn't be starting right now, but your logic fails when we take a look at who was first on the depth chart to start the season. This is not only because Trent sucked, but also because that depth chart was no proof that Fitz was an inferior quarterback - and the truth ended up being quite the contrary.

Not to mention, it's the right thing to do. You want to maintain the integrity of the game by playing your best against the teams fighting for the playoffs or for playoff positioning (see: 2009 Cincinnati Bengals, Week 17).

It could be a whole different ball game if the Bills were to beat the Patriots. If the Jets were to also beat Chicago, then New England's Week 17 game means something - the division and possibly #1 seed.

While I love the Bills I dont have much confidence that they will beat the Pats 19 of the last 20 the Pats have won, sop why should this be any different ? What if Fitz get hit and is out then Brohm is the Starter - end of discussion.

It's pretty much what Washington is doing by benching McNabb in favor of Grossman. They are intentiaonally losing for a better draft pick, but trying to disguise it, even though it's pretty transparent. I agree with it though. Fitz gives the Bills a better chance to win, but put Brohm in to see if he is worthy of a roster spot as well as please the "guy on the bench is always better" fans...

The problem with all of Redskin shenanigans is it doesnt appear to be getting them any closer to the playoffs......

And this is with them totally being right on Orakapo and us totally being wrong about Maybin.....

Lets just play Fitz....this is his group of offensive players for next year......let them biuld towards next year.

While I love the Bills I dont have much confidence that they will beat the Pats 19 of the last 20 the Pats have won, sop why should this be any different ? What if Fitz get hit and is out then Brohm is the Starter - end of discussion.

My point was that the Bills should start their best players, which includes Fitz. You don't lay down to a team that is jockeying for playoff positioning or trying to make the playoffs.

If Fitz gets injured during the game, that's a different discussion.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one... If Brohm deserved to play, he would've been on the field. Clearly, he does not. You start him, or even play him while a game is competitive and you are signaling that you have given up on the season. For a team who is being heralded for the fact that they haven't quit, this would be a really bad message from up top. Brohm can mop up for Fitzy and whoever is brought in for next year in preseason next year.

Dumbest post I have seen all year. Wow.

:thumbsup: Have to agree with you ... this has to be proof that someone has opened the Christmas Egg Nog a wee too early because there is no substance to this other than grab another cookie and sit back in your chair.

I has hoping for more from Brohm but now is not the time. FITZ is our QB for now and the forseeable future; yes he will throw some bad passes and interceptions but more importantly the team will follow his leadership and he is showing he can win games.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

First off, Fitz hasn't "cemented" anything. And why would you start Brohm if Fitz has cemented the starting job? Brohm most likely isn't going to be here next year, and the same could most likely be said about Levi, they already cut him once. My guess is next year Fitz will start, hopefully with a rookie behind him to learn for a half of a season and a journeyman at #2 or #3. Brohm's NFL career is on the brink of ending, there is a reason that the Quarterback Genius Chan, hasn't given a thought to playing either of those two on the roster.

Would you like the guy to do back-flips for you?

When real bullets are flying, continuity & cohesiveness trumps curiosity. Plus...these cats need at least one more win. To close the season with at least 2 of 3 division wins will do wonders for their confidence. Plenty of time to poke around when the OTA's start next yr. This is a no brainer in my mind. Give it all you got guys the next two games!

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get his 1000 yards because he deserves it.

NO way. This game, we see if Fitz can take what he learned and potentially beat the Pats. I think this is the game we see if he's the QB of the future or just a decent option until we get a better one. We all saw what Brohm can do. It's not much. I was in Atlanta watching the game at the dome last year. We've already blown a high draft pick. Let's end the season with pride and beat the freakin Patriots already.

NO way. This game, we see if Fitz can take what he learned and potentially beat the Pats. I think this is the game we see if he's the QB of the future or just a decent option until we get a better one. We all saw what Brohm can do. It's not much. I was in Atlanta watching the game at the dome last year. We've already blown a high draft pick. Let's end the season with pride and beat the freakin Patriots already.

Many of you guys are the same ones saying we saying we should lose so we get a better draft pick so which is it?

Brohm isnt gonna beat out Fitz anytime soon, I'm curious is he can be a real # 2 which was my rational for playing him, and also helping us to determine how high a pick we should use on a QB.

The pats are 12-2 and killing everyone do you ///// really think the Bills are gonna win? I love the Bills as much as you //// but until something weird happens like brady cant play, gets hurt and defense eats bad chicken wings and gets sick then the Pats will win by at least 7-14 points. HO HO HO ...

Civility is the rule -Mod