I get a baaaaad feeling

Thoner7

Looking at the NFL standings, I get a very bad feeling we will end up playing the JV Jets next Sunday. With a win this week the jets get to win # 11, putting them out of reach for all the other WC chasers who could only get to 10 if they win out.

This would such a letdown to me. We have improved a lot the last 6 weeks, but we haven’t exactly played that many great teams either. 3 of our 4 wins are going to be against top 10 drafters, and even Miami has had a rough streak as of late – but at least they were above .500.

Playing a meaningful game vrs a division rival needing a win to make the playoffs – now that’s a barometer. If we win, I would feel great, if we lost, I could stomach it as we just aren’t a playoff team yet and we get a top 5 pick. But if they lay down and play the JVs? Even if we win I will feel disgusted and disrespected. Then we are drafting outside the top 10, its completely lose lose.

PS: I don’t really see us beating the best team in the NFL this week, and it really won’t bother me if we don’t, but if we do, that’s awesome. I just think we have a legit shot to take down the Jets but if they play the JVs that would really be urine in my corn flakes.

The Bears are still playing for a first round bye in the NFC so I could see them coming out strong at home against the Jets. Not saying the Jets won't be able to beat them but I would put my money on Chicago and I could definitely see the Chargers and Jaguars winning thus keeping pressure on the Jets to have to play against us.

Edited by Talley56

Looking at the NFL standings, I get a very bad feeling we will end up playing the JV Jets next Sunday. With a win this week the jets get to win # 11, putting them out of reach for all the other WC chasers who could only get to 10 if they win out.

This would such a letdown to me. We have improved a lot the last 6 weeks, but we haven’t exactly played that many great teams either. 3 of our 4 wins are going to be against top 10 drafters, and even Miami has had a rough streak as of late – but at least they were above .500.

Playing a meaningful game vrs a division rival needing a win to make the playoffs – now that’s a barometer. If we win, I would feel great, if we lost, I could stomach it as we just aren’t a playoff team yet and we get a top 5 pick. But if they lay down and play the JVs? Even if we win I will feel disgusted and disrespected. Then we are drafting outside the top 10, its completely lose lose.

PS: I don’t really see us beating the best team in the NFL this week, and it really won’t bother me if we don’t, but if we do, that’s awesome. I just think we have a legit shot to take down the Jets but if they play the JVs that would really be urine in my corn flakes.

They are 4 - 10 and you have a Bad Feeling with 2 games left, WOW what an enlightening post

Beating the Pats* and Jets ALWAYS has meaning!

You guys are over-thinking this.

amen. no matter what, i can't see ryan benching dirty sanchez. beating him is good enough for me. ryan's an egomaniac, i can't see him rolling over even if they've clinched.

I say we play our JV the last two games. get them some experience, evaluate our depth and protect our position in the draft.

didn't we go from having the first pick to now being in a three way tie for the 4th pick?

We are slated to pick 5th right now. I would much rather have the wins against top notch AFC teams than protect our "draft status". If we could've gotten the other 4 games against playoff teams Balt., Pitt., KC, and Chicago we would be in the wild card hunt right now. Keep winning and building confidence along the way then just deal with picking from the collection of players left before you when the Bills go on the clock come Round 1 in April.

That's how you build a winning mentality, throw some games...

:doh:

Just saying that this season is lost.

can't see us building a winner any other way than through the draft (as long as ralph holds the purse strings)

its not like we will be buying top tier players anytime soon.

and not sure we have much on the roster of trade value (if we do then we should keep them)

so...

if we are gonna build through the draft then lets get started.

as for throwing games... like i said. there are a lot of players on our roster that haven't seen any game time. how will they perform in a game situation? you never know... there may be some talent there that shows in games and not in practice. didn't Fitz loose his starting position during practice?

I say we play our JV the last two games. get them some experience, evaluate our depth and protect our position in the draft.

didn't we go from having the first pick to now being in a three way tie for the 4th pick?

Haven't we been doing that for several weeks, already? Stevie is our highest drafted WR - taken in the 7th round. Our QB, also a 7th rounder, started the season as a backup. Half our O line were UFA or started the season on someone's practice squad. I'm not even sure we have TE's on the team. Our best LB is a rookie. Outside of Kyle Williams, our Dline features 2 rookies (Troupe and Carrington) and all world Kelsay.

I guess we could rests te secondary and give Youboty one more chance though.

I agree here...we need to find out about some folks..Troup, Carrington should play full time...others as well. At the risk of causing an atomic bomb discussion, I would also suggest that Brohm ought to play..and perhaps Brown as well. A little taste of the cold weather for the guys on the bench is good experience, and the Bills might learn something. BUT, there is a problem with this theory (none of us actually manage anything here) That is the league expects full effort..because standings and playoff seeding will depend on these games (in theory) If there were no effect however, Buffalo could also play it "JV" team to find out whatever they might want to learn about the folks on the roster. Anyhow, if the games mean anything, then NO JV's allowed. And the league will enforce it, believe me on that.