New England, so what's it gonna be this time?

McD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it does.

If the Jets win next week, then seeding could be at stake in our games with NE and the Jets. But both would be in the playoffs. Only shot for either team (the Jets) to miss the playoffs is for Kansas City to lose one of the next two games and the Jets to lose the next two games.

NE has already clinched a playoff birth.

More than likely, the Patriots will blow us out of the water.

I don't think any team is looking past us anymore, so I bet they will show up prepared. The Patriots have a much better all around team.

That being said.

I hope we kick their asses all over the field. :devil:

I think our only two advantages are wide receiver and defensive backs. Unfortunately, both of those factors are completely mitigated by the existence of one Tom Brady.

Gotta play ball control against the Pats in order to keep Brady off the field. It's the only way to stop them on offense.

Even Green Bay, with their defense which matches up very well against the Pats offense (two excellent cover corners and very good inside pass rush pressure), didn't do too well against the Pats offense when you consider that NE scored 24 points even though they had the ball for just 19 minutes of possession. The only reason the Pats didn't score more on offense was because their defense wasn't able to give them the ball more often.

If the Bills can hold the Pats to similar TOP numbers (ie 2:1 ratio), and the Bills score 7's instead of 3's on offense, they have a shot at winning.

So... New England week... What will our Bills do this time? Do we have enough to pull off a win, or will the Bills break our hearts by losing in the final minutes, or not show up at all? This has been really the only two options the Bills have given us for the past 8 years with this team.

Close loss that feels like a win, making NE poop their pants like we did to the Steelers

We can't "chase" Brady and his underneath WR's. We need to punch them hard in the mouth. Same thing with his TE's...

Exactly McD! It all starts with attitude. Will we punch them in the mouth for 4 quarters or will we fade or not show up? I believe Edwards has to get ideas from other teams's defense and game plane for the game of the year! We need to be aggressive. Crack down on their TEs!

I believe it was the Saints last year who beat the pats and played shadow ball. In other words, u give them the underneath routes, but as soon as the recievers catch the ball, we crack their asses!!

We also need to run the ball. The pats defense is not that good. Believe me fellas it all starts with attitude when it comes to playing the pats. F*ck the pats! The bills have to leave everything on the field and that's on every play!

Get to Brady and hit him! Let him know we're here! F*ck pretty boy Brady!

Dam fellas, I need a drink!

Edited by qdawg in philly

So... New England week... What will our Bills do this time? Do we have enough to pull off a win, or will the Bills break our hearts by losing in the final minutes, or not show up at all? This has been really the only two options the Bills have given us for the past 8 years with this team.

Blitz Brady into the next area code . . .

That's all well and good, but in case you didn't notice, they won. They are a lot mentally and physically tougher than we are. We are getting better, but we aren't there yet.

THE PACKERS BLEW IT! The pats get credit for the win, but they did not beat the packers! The packers beat themselves! Well Flynn's inexperience beat them.

Edited by qdawg in philly

We can't "chase" Brady and his underneath WR's. We need to punch them hard in the mouth. Same thing with his TE's...

I agree with that seeing how Whitner got burned by there TE's in the first game. He needs to bring out the hammer early to make the TE's think twice about catching the ball. I also hope Whitner gets off his high horse and comes down to reality and signs a solid contract not the 7 million he is asking that is way too much, maybe 4 million a year.

THE PACKERS BLEW IT! The pats get credit for the win, but they did not beat the packers! The packers beat themselves! Well Flynn's inexperience beat them.

Letting that sorry ass OL run that 60 some odd yard kick off return back inside the 5 made me sick to my stomach but that kind of luck always goes NE's way.

I can see either thing happening, and not to be negative, but I'm preparing for the worst. If we can get some pressure on Brady up the middle we can cause some errant throws. The thing with NE is you have to take away his underneath stuff and his hot reads. Take Welker out early... but I dont think we have the LB's for that...

45 -20 Pats. Unless the weather is terrible, then 31 - 17 Pats. We have no answers for what they are good at. Welker, their tight ends + Brady will destroy our 2nd rate LBs and Whitner. this will be as frustrating as it always is. I never even watched the first game. Men among boys.

I live in New England and have to put up with blowhard Pats fans on Christmas Eve. I'm glad they had a close call with Green Bay so they may be a little less vocal about how they will blast the Bills. I was at the game at Gillette for Fitz's first start this year and I have to tell you there were some nervous Pats fans when Spiller ran back the kickoff in the first half. Even when they seemed to have things in hand, Fitz hit Stevie for a touchdown and actually was driving for another score when he through teh ill timed interception. I'm hoping for a close game in the 4th and a little post-Christmas luck. Go Bills!

Here's how I see it:

The Bills are a much improved team in comparison to when we played earlier this season. In every aspect, we've progressed. I'm quite surprised and excited by that.

However, the Pats* are also playing better. I'd venture that it's hard to find a better playing team right now than them. So, it's going to be a true litmus test for this young Bills team to see where they're at. In no way do I expect a win. I'm sorry, but the Pats* are just too efficient right now; unfortunately Brady is playing as well as he ever has. But, what I hope to see is a competitive game - a young team fighting hard to stay in it. But in the end, the Pats* really should win rather easily. Our defense has improved, but is no where near competent enough to slow down Brady and that offense.

I will say this, for what it's worth... a good friend of mine is a big time Pats* fan. He told me this weekend that of their remaining games, this was the one he was worried about. Yeah, he expects a win (any sane person would), but he's even noticed the improvement in the Bills and knows they aren't just going to quit. So, again for what it's worth, it's kinda nice to start getting a little respect again.

I don't see us winning without a decided advantage in special teams play. (Along with all the other things to worry about.) No long returns for the Asterisks (esp. by a backup OG), and lots of field flipping punts and returns on our end. Given the way Moorman has been punting lately, I am not optimistic about that part of the game.

More than likely, the Patriots will blow us out of the water.

I don't think any team is looking past us anymore, so I bet they will show up prepared. The Patriots have a much better all around team.

That being said.

I hope we kick their asses all over the field. :devil:

NE is certainly one of the very best teams in the league, no question. But it isn't unbeatable. The Packers were very competitive last week with Matt Flynn making his first NFL start. Also, the mot-so-good Bills of the first half of the season quite nearly beat the Pats. Now with what surely seems like a much better team than it was in the first half, and playing at home, with a lot of pride on the line and the Pats maybe having a little less to play for having already clinched, I think the Bills have a very good chance of winning this one.

This game is going to go down in similar fashion to opening day '03. Fitz will unleash an aerial assault on the Pats that will have us up by 28 at the half. Being that we won the toss and deferred until the 2nd half, we of course will get the 2nd half kickoff, and in the words of the legendary Don Criqui, will "be in the endzone 2 plays hence!" Having gone 5-2 over the last 7 games at that point, THE RALPH will get that old time feeling back, and we will all sing "Another One Bites the Dust" ... and the beat will go on...

I'll have what he's drinking.