10 TD Receptions

Chilly

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time we had a wr catch 12 or 14 td passes? Cause he just might get a few more :-) Stevie is this teams real number 1 reciever we've been looking for since Moulds left. Lee has never looked as good as Stevie (except a few junk years under Losman throwing nothing but bombs to only 1 player)

A-MEN!

Look around the league, and having atleast 1 WR catch 10+ TD's/year is practically the norm.

We haven't had it what feels like a decade.

The problem is Lee didn't take those years to work on the craft of WR. He is a one trick pony.

I'm not saying cut him. I am saying if Lee would have taken those bad years to work on going over the middle or get in and out of cuts better he could have made himself an irreplaceable complate WR.

Instead he is just a guy that can run real fast.

You're right to an extent. But I'd like to see what an entire offseason with Fitz can do to help him change the way he runs some of his routes. The time Stevie and Fitz put in has certainly paid off. Lee strikes me as the type of guy that would take the advice a guy like Fitz gives him.

It's great that Stevie will tie and pass the Bills record for tds next week in our first win against the Pats in however many years it's been. I can't wilait to get a #13 jersey and have Reeds name put on the back of my Evans jersey after he is cut this offseason.

Without the Evans deep threat, other teams will shut stevie down eventually. With No speed receievers, you end up with 8 in the box and wonder "what happened to Stevie?" Evans isn't going anywhere soon. Evans deserves a medal for quietly/professionally sticking with this screwed up organization for as long as he has.

Without the Evans deep threat, other teams will shut stevie down eventually. With No speed receievers, you end up with 8 in the box and wonder "what happened to Stevie?" Evans isn't going anywhere soon. Evans deserves a medal for quietly/professionally sticking with this screwed up organization for as long as he has.

Wow good post :thumbsup: 8and8 and in general I never agree with you. Hats off!

Lee Evans skill set was never that of a true #1. Lee Evans is a true #2 wideout. He will burn you for leaving him single covered, With the deep route. I have seen Lee take one slant pass in his career to the house. Limited run after catch ability and limited route running ability. this is not to say that He is not dangerous on the fly route which he is. Just too easily covered on the other routes. At 9Mil a year that is a lot for a #2. Or #3 next year. Donald Jones, and David Nelson are not comeing out to the lineup anytime soon. I said this at the beginning of the year Lee Evans is not a #1 WO. just like Peerless Price was not a #1. Similar skill sets, similar results when asked to do something they cannot.

You're right to an extent. But I'd like to see what an entire offseason with Fitz can do to help him change the way he runs some of his routes. The time Stevie and Fitz put in has certainly paid off. Lee strikes me as the type of guy that would take the advice a guy like Fitz gives him.

That is the best case scenario.

Personally I think Lee mails it in the second half of the season.

Don't get me wrong. He is a professorial he goes out there and plays, but he isn't exactly trying to over extend his athletic abilities to make a play for a team going no where fast the last 7 years. He will run a fly route when asked but thats about it.

My greatest hope is that Lee Evans now sees potential with Fitzzy and works on his whole game. I feel like Lee Evans has been playing in 3rd gear for most of his career and you only see glimps off 5th gear.

I hope that Lee does work on his entire game and plays in 5th and 6th gear on every play now that the Bills appear to be on the right path.

They're going to go 5-3 in the second half of the season. If they do that for two halves of a season next year, they probably make the playoffs.

Wow good post :thumbsup: 8and8 and in general I never agree with you. Hats off!

Lee Evans deserves a medal for playing football? Then you commend and agree with that silly statement?

Edited by Why So Serious?

amazing how you all want evans gone. I still think evans has a place on the team.

I think him, or someone with his skill set (deep threat) is vital to the team.

Do I think he's the best WR on the team still? Nope.

Still very much needed, IMO, though.

A-MEN!

Look around the league, and having atleast 1 WR catch 10+ TD's/year is practically the norm.

We haven't had it what feels like a decade.

You couldn't more wrong if you tried.

In 2009, 9 WRs had 10 or more TDs.

In 2008, 7 WRs hit that mark.

In 2007, 11 WRs did.

In 2006, only 5 did.

In 2005, 8 guys did,

In 2004, it was 11 guys.

In 2003, i count 9.

And in 2002, it was 4.

So over the past 8 years, there's been an average of 8 players catching 10 or more TD passes. So teams with WRs catching 10 TD passes is far from "the norm".

OK so who thinks he has now surpassed Lee Evans.....

He was the number one receiver today.....2 TD's

Ummm...I saw only 1 TD that counted during the game, and only 1 on the stat sheet.

He's sure shown a lot this year and I hope he keeps it up, but come on guys, you can never have too many weapons/options at the skill positions. I mean we did lose Evans and Parrish for the year. Depth is never a bad thing.

Yeah, that and the fact that it is not Butler, Reed, Moulds, but Bucky Brooks who holds the record.

Bill Brooks, late career FA, not Bucky. Bucky did not have 10 TDs in his career. Bill B did it in 1995, a year in which both Reed and Thurman were injured for longish periods and Lofton was gone. It was the one year that Kelly had his targets significantly limited, and was a big reason why the Bills drafted Moulds the following spring.

Reed only caught 10 TDs once in his career, in 1991. It is something to think about that. In 1992, he only caught 2 the entire regular season, then caught 3 in the comeback game.

The problem is Lee didn't take those years to work on the craft of WR. He is a one trick pony.

I'm not saying cut him. I am saying if Lee would have taken those bad years to work on going over the middle or get in and out of cuts better he could have made himself an irreplaceable complate WR.

Do you really think Evans doesn't work on the craft of being a receiver? Really? Come on, man! Does Evans call the plays and routes he will run?? BTW I have seen him

run slants, crossing patterns and "in" routes as long ago as... THIS SEASON.

Lee Evans is NOT a top quality WR in the NFL.

I think this is flat out true.

However, there has to be some logical recognition that there are more than two choices that a player is either a top quality WR or is horrible.

The simple facts are that Evans so-called "one trick" is a trick that has made him third on the career list of Bills for receptions, yardage, and I think even TDs.

If this is a mere trick it is a pretty darn good one.

Is it the best making him equivalent to Andre Reed and Elbert Dubenion?

NO!

However his value as a player due to this little thing called performance far exceeds the accomplishments and role in the O of Don Beebe (who will forever deserve our respect for his SB inspired fumble causing hit of some idiot Cowboy- however, he defines the label on trick- though I think his toughness which saw him bounce off his head moves him up to two tricks with his Evans like speed), of someone like Billy Brooks (great for us in an episodic way), and even James Lofton (a far better player than Evans overall, but as a Bill he was clearly on the backend of his great career unlike Evans who has made good use (but not maximum use of the peak of his career).

Does Evans deserve the multi-gazillion he is paid?

No (but I do not think any football player really DESERVES more than a fireman, nurse, or even a good teacher to play this boys game).

However, if Evans were actually the one trick pony you maintain there is no way that any DC would give up the passes to him which have allowed him to simply accomplish #3 career totals as a Bill.

He can actually be taken out of a game as the lead producer for the Bills if you double him with over and under coverage or slant the pass coverage to whatever side he is patrolling.

However, the real shame and failing of the Bills is that until Gailey and Stevie Johnson the Bills have been unable to make the best use of what a dc must do to avoid real world Evans production which at its best has produced 3 TDs or over 200 yards.

We saw yesterday that Stevie Johnson can be productive in a well designed O! However, we also saw yesterday on the play where Fitzy got picked off just before the end of the half, that when the opponent has the ability to dt Johnson that a good CB can cover him tight and even get an INT if he knows he has help over the top.

The pea brain non-football thinking we see here is the idea that if Johnson performs this means we must cut Evans.

This is bad football and actually just plain stupid.

The BEST thing about Evans and Johnson's skillsets is that the complement each other far better than those of a declining Peerless or a declining Moulds do.

Yesterday's gamewinning (the only important thing really)passing attack is that it is a tribute to Galey that he got it to be productive with talent which was essentially passed over by the entire NFL.

This fact however does not mean you chuck who though no where near Jerry Rice productivity can still prove to be an effective top; giving Stevie single coverage in the end zone at crunch time in a game. Lets hope he does not drop the TD pass like he did against Pitts.

Not resigning TO was the absolute best move Nix made so far on offense.

He and his "production" were immediately replaced--and bettered, as predicted.

Poor TO was injured jogging another pattern yeasterday so the plug has been pulled on yet another season of discontent.

Fortunately Stevie Johnson bailed you out on your "prediction." However you also "predicted" that TO was washed-up. So 1-1=0.

And you must be thinking of CO with the injury comment.

Edited by Doc

+1 :thumbsup:

Fortunately Stevie Johnson bailed you out on your "prediction." However you also "predicted" that TO was washed-up. So 1-1=0.

And you must be thinking of CO with the injury comment.

Johnson "bailed me out"---that's funny! I told you someone was going to catch those passes ("someone was going to bail me out on my prediction", I prefer-hahaha!). The simplest prediction in the history of sports---yet you amazingly said it wouldn't happen. It blew me away. Other than to be stubborn, it made no sense whatsoever-and you were so adament. Same thing happened in Dallas. I wasn;t even making a prediction-just stating an obvious fact.

Anyway, perhaps you missed it--TO is done. He injured himself running (half-speed) into a gust of wind early in the game yesterday. He has a "season ending knee injury". If true, he's 36 and now gets injured just moving around. Or he could be dogging it and just threw in the towel on a season that went into the toilet the past month (for him, anyway). The best part was ochocinco setting up HIS injury claim last week--now he has to play. He loses to TO again!

Someone may spend a few bucks on TO next year, I guess. It won't be a contender of course, so the result will be the same as this year.

Nice try--you're 0 for 2 on this one.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Johnson "bailed me out"---that's funny! I told you someone was going to catch those passes ("someone was going to bail me out on my prediction", I prefer-hahaha!). The simplest prediction in the history of sports---yet you amazingly said it wouldn't happen. It blew me away. Other than to be stubborn, it made no sense whatsoever-and you were so adament. Same thing happened in Dallas. I wasn;t even making a prediction-just stating an obvious fact.

Anyway, perhaps you missed it--TO is done. He injured himself running (half-speed) into a gust of wind early in the game yesterday. He has a "season ending knee injury". If true, he's 36 and now gets injured just moving around. Or he could be dogging it and just threw in the towel on a season that went into the toilet the past month (for him, anyway). The best part was ochocinco setting up HIS injury claim last week--now he has to play. He loses to TO again!

Someone may spend a few bucks on TO next year, I guess. It won't be a contender of course, so the result will be the same as this year.

Nice try--you're 0 for 2 on this one.

Bahahahaha! So TO is "36 and now gets injured just moving around?" Stop, just stop. It's embarrassing.

As for your "prediction," I asked you last off-season repeatedly who this "someone" would be and you couldn't answer. So yes, Stevie "bailed" you out with his miraculous 10 TD's, which is one of the highest totals in Bills history. Which you predicted, of course.

Not resigning TO was the absolute best move Nix made so far on offense.

He and his "production" were immediately replaced--and bettered, as predicted.

Poor TO was injured jogging another pattern yeasterday so the plug has been pulled on yet another season of discontent.

Agreed.

I was excited to see more of what Steve Johnson could do when he was money on just about

every pass thrown his way the prior season.

I was annoyed with the Owens signing. First I thought he was going to be more of a problem child

than he turned out to be, but mainly I was just annoyed because it was going to keep Steve on the

bench for another year. Not that it would have made a difference with Edwards rarely throwing a pass

more than 10 yards downfield, or getting sacked, or checking down to our RB on 4th and forever

with 7 seconds left in a game.

Probably a wash in the end.