The Big White elephant in the Room

Bills99999

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother goes to sports bars almost every day for lunch and then about four nights a week so he gets a lot of inside info

His sources tell him the Bills are looking at these prospects in rounds 3-7

Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU

Patrick Coughlin, RB, Notre Dame

Nick Fitzpatrick, WR, Notre Dame

Ryan Kavanagh, LS, Notre Dame

Dennis Mahoney, OT, Notre Dame

Dan McCarthy, S, Notre Dame

Ryan Sheehan, CB, Notre Dame

Pat O’Connell, LB, Holy Cross

Rory Sullivan, LB, Holy Cross

Tim McManus, WR, Dartmouth

Tim O'Hara K, Harvard

Pat McMahon, OT, Timon/StJude

Jomarcus Savage, DT, Grambling

I don’t know about you guys, but I see a pattern here. Will the Bills be serving Lucky Charms Cereal at training camp next year

Some good tough Irish boys powered by Christ! Lets give it a shot! Nothing else has worked. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dante

I dont think the Bills will have a problem here. Check our history:

McGahee: Irish, Black, first round pick

McKelvin: Irish, Black, first round pick

McGee: Irish, Black, long time starter

Very compelling argument.

You think the Giants would be willing to trade Sage Rosencrantz?

I heard they were trying to talk the retired rush backer, Jason Gildonstern into making a comeback.

My brother goes to sports bars almost every day for lunch and then about four nights a week so he gets a lot of inside info

His sources tell him the Bills are looking at these prospects in rounds 3-7

Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU

Patrick Coughlin, RB, Notre Dame

Nick Fitzpatrick, WR, Notre Dame

Ryan Kavanagh, LS, Notre Dame

Dennis Mahoney, OT, Notre Dame

Dan McCarthy, S, Notre Dame

Ryan Sheehan, CB, Notre Dame

Pat O’Connell, LB, Holy Cross

Rory Sullivan, LB, Holy Cross

Tim McManus, WR, Dartmouth

Tim O'Hara K, Harvard

Pat McMahon, OT, Timon/StJude

Jomarcus Savage, DT, Grambling

I don’t know about you guys, but I see a pattern here. Will the Bills be serving Lucky Charms Cereal at training camp next year

McMahon is only a sophomore…in high school.

I can think of at least one reason Newton wouldn't want to play in Buffalo.post-5740-004411100 1292528235_thumb.jpg

What's with the flying saucer?

Do you like my truck?

Wow its Cortland Finnegan. BTW is he black (or just black and blue after Johnson got done with him)? "Finnegan" sure sounds Irish.

He is...He's "Fighting Irish"

Very compelling argument.

I heard they were trying to talk the retired rush backer, Jason Gildonstern into making a comeback.

McMahon is only a sophomore…in high school.

I don;t know anything about this MCMahon kid, but even as a sophomore in HS, he could probably knock Maybin on his ass

Ding, fries are done!

Actually, he is on disability...the lucky bastard

For many years Bills fans have not only wanted a great quarterback, but they have wanted to LIKE their quarterback. They wanted him to be smart, down to earth, and classy, a family man and preferably Irish-Catholic. Ryan Fitzpatrick, if he becomes “great” will fit this mold.

I think it is natural to want your sports heroes to have “character”. Cam Newton is not smart, not down to earth, not classy, not a family man, and certainly not Irish-Catholic.

Maybe this is why so many of you fans are against drafting him.

Character is nice, but it does not necessarily win football games.

Draft Newton if he is available because he is the best chance the Bills have to save the franchise

As i wrote in a previous reply - in todays world 99% of people & organizations will do what ever it takes to come out on top and that means setting all moral & character issues aside in order to get there & it sounds by your post that you are very close to being there too .

Remember Gailey in A LOT of his interviews talks about CHARACTER PLAYERS . It is apparent that Newton has made some mistakes (and every one deserves a second chance) but you also have to realize that along with him comes his dad & i think a lot of his bad decisions may have come from his dad & his teachings .

If nothing else his father would be standing there adding fuel to the fire weather it be to hold out for more money, to be traded or for what ever he could which could be a major distraction !!

Ultimately i think Gailey & Nix will make the best decision for the team & right now Fitz is our kind of guy & i think can win with what the coach & GM are putting putting together . If they think Cam is worth it then i'll be behind their decision to bring him in but i would hope they would continue with character players being a priority over just winning !!!

Edited by T master

As i wrote in a previous reply - in todays world 99% of people & organizations will do what ever it takes to come out on top and that means setting all moral & character issues aside in order to get there & it sounds by your post that you are very close to being there too .

Remember Gailey in A LOT of his interviews talks about CHARACTER PLAYERS . It is apparent that Newton has made some mistakes (and every one deserves a second chance) but you also have to realize that along with him comes his dad & i think a lot of his bad decisions may have come from his dad & his teachings .

If nothing else his father would be standing there adding fuel to the fire weather it be to hold out for more money, to be traded or for what ever he could which could be a major distraction !!

Ultimately i think Gailey & Nix will make the best decision for the team & right now Fitz is our kind of guy & i think can win with what the coach & GM are putting putting together . If they think Cam is worth it then i'll be behind their decision to bring him in but i would hope they would continue with character players being a priority over just winning !!!

Actually, "coming out on top" is secondary. the primary goal is the fan base

Do you remember when the Bills signed the Doctor brothers from Timon high school? What about Drew Habeeb or whatever his name was from UB. The Bills have always tried to win with fan favorites

Before you guys try to say Habeeb was a Muslim, back off because he was a Lebonese Catholic....Just like Danny Thomas

The best part of the the Cam Computer story was that, after he stole it, he painted it black and wrote him name on it in huge letters.

Deadspin has pictures.

File it under "stupid criminals".

http://deadspin.com/5713743/yes-cam-newton-wrote-his-name-on-the-computer-he-stole?skyline=true&s=i

Somebdy just sent me that link and I was just about to post it. Good heads up there, WEO.

That shows that not only is Cam Newton crooked, but he is damned near retarded

Typical preacher's kid.I wonder how many "outside children" his preacher father has

Edited by Bills99999

Who let Rex Ryan in the room?

As far as the nonsense you posted, I think people just want the Bills to win no matter what their QB looks like. Personally, I think Fitzpatrick is fine and allows the Bills to build in other areas of need.

Fitzpatrick is fine, if you like a low ceiling.....

For many years Bills fans have not only wanted a great quarterback, but they have wanted to LIKE their quarterback. They wanted him to be smart, down to earth, and classy, a family man and preferably Irish-Catholic. Ryan Fitzpatrick, if he becomes “great” will fit this mold.

I think it is natural to want your sports heroes to have “character”. Cam Newton is not smart, not down to earth, not classy, not a family man, and certainly not Irish-Catholic.

Maybe this is why so many of you fans are against drafting him.

Character is nice, but it does not necessarily win football games.

Draft Newton if he is available because he is the best chance the Bills have to save the franchise

I want my QB (or any high draft pick) to have more than one season of results to examine in order to make him a top draft pick. Cam could be a flash in the pan - a one year wonder. We played that card with Maybin and where did it get us.

I want my QB (or any high draft pick) to have more than one season of results to examine in order to make him a top draft pick. Cam could be a flash in the pan - a one year wonder. We played that card with Maybin and where did it get us.

You have a point, but relating him to Maybin kind of ruins it.

Everyone is experiencing Newton's college dominance this year--he has been highleighted every Saturday. Let's face it, no one was really paying attention to Maybin in his one good year--he was a DE at Penn State. Big deal.

Look at the way the Bills hired off-duty Hamburg cops to follow Bruce Smith around trying to catch him buying cocaine because he had the NERVE to complain about some racist hate mail he was getting. There were plenty of players using cocaine back then, and nobody hired cops to follow them around

Get a dose of reality, people

WTF? I never heard this...source?

I just spoke to a friend of mine who played at a D I-AA school in Ga who had been offered 50K to play at D-II Tuskeegee. he won;t talk about how much he was paid to play at the D I-AA school. I have not known him to be a BS er

So, how much do you think a school like Auburn paid CN ???

I am not really good at this compuer stuff

Who can tell me how to change my screen name to "Cam Newton's Laptop"

I am not really good at ths compuer stuff

Who can tell me how to change my screen name to "Cam Newton's Laptop" ?