The Big White elephant in the Room

Bills99999

There is no elephant in the room . Fitzy for all of his folksy charm still sucks . I wouldnt pay a stamp for any college QB non of them are proven......NONE OF THEM . MIKE VICK is the obvious choice; he is in the last year of contract,Eagles paid Kevin Kolb staters money ,Vick is the 3rd rated passer( Yes Passer) in the NFL and he put fear in every Defense in the NFL. He has proven he can play(throw rockets)in the cold and when he escapes the rush, TOUCHDOWN. So the fans can make what ever case they want for substandard Fitz but the real QB that should lead the BILLS is VICK plain and simple.

Edited by liverpoolkev

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a full time job and I also do some outside work. My brother is on disability, so he has plenty of time to do research for me

In bars?

Well, I got my degree from UB just like 75% of the posters on TBD

That's a supposition - an incorrect one, at that - and, like everything else you type, you have absolutely no data to corroborate such a ridiculous invention.

If I was JFK's son, they would have let me into Harvard, and I doubt it would have taken me more than two tries to pass the NYS Bar exam, but JFK Jr needed FIVE tries and he had private tutors

Yes, I've read more about the Kennedy family that you will ever read about anything.

Lots of very brilliant people go to Brown - and many very stupid people are lucky to get into UB, squeaking in only because it's a public institution and they are NYS residents. I'll bet you fall into that group.

The NYS Bar exam is, BTW, incredibly difficult - I doubt you'd even comprehend the instructions for taking it.

There is no elephant in the room . Fitzy for all of his folksy charm still sucks . I wouldnt pay a stamp for any college QB non of them are proven......NONE OF THEM . MIKE VICK is the obvious choice; he is in the last year of contract,Eagles paid Kevin Kolb staters money ,Vick is the 3rd rated passer( Yes Passer) in the NFL and he put fear in every Defense in the NFL. He has proven he can play(throw rockets)in the cold and when he escapes the rush, TOUCHDOWN. So the fans can make what ever case they want for substandard Fitz but the real QB that should lead the BILLS is VICK plain and simple.

Fitz didn't look too "sucky" this Sunday

For many years Bills fans have not only wanted a great quarterback, but they have wanted to LIKE their quarterback. They wanted him to be smart, down to earth, and classy, a family man and preferably Irish-Catholic. Ryan Fitzpatrick, if he becomes “great” will fit this mold.

I think it is natural to want your sports heroes to have “character”. Cam Newton is not smart, not down to earth, not classy, not a family man, and certainly not Irish-Catholic.

Maybe this is why so many of you fans are against drafting him.

Character is nice, but it does not necessarily win football games.

Draft Newton if he is available because he is the best chance the Bills have to save the franchise

I have a different take on Cam Newton. I think he is Michael Vick only bigger, and at least as smart. Vick's success this year combined with Newton's great preformance on a national stage in January followed by a great combine will propel Newton into a top five pick. If by some chance he fell to the Bills I would take him in spite of the Bills obvious other needs and the success of Fitzpatrick as a team leader and a QB.

Newton would be the ideal player for a creative offensive coach like Chan. Fitzpatrick would remain at QB for the next 2-3 years but Newton would become a combination of the Slash QB, Pistol QB, Tight End, H Back, Fullback, Tailback etc, 5th receiver ect. The defensive would have to find him on the field. Newton would create enormous mismatches and open up the game.

Think about what the Patriots are about to do with the 2011 draft? The Bills will have to be twice as good as the Patriots brain trust just to stay even. That is not going to happen, the only chance the Bills have is to leapfrog into the future and a player like Newton could do just that. Is it a gamble? Yep but I am willing to bet that Newton will help his NFL team a lot more that any Offensive lineman or Linebacker will (yes I agree that they are desparate for help there too). It's a radical approach and I doubt that the Bills are creative enough to do it.

I have a different take on Cam Newton. I think he is Michael Vick only bigger, and at least as smart. Vick's success this year combined with Newton's great preformance on a national stage in January followed by a great combine will propel Newton into a top five pick. If by some chance he fell to the Bills I would take him in spite of the Bills obvious other needs and the success of Fitzpatrick as a team leader and a QB.

Newton would be the ideal player for a creative offensive coach like Chan. Fitzpatrick would remain at QB for the next 2-3 years but Newton would become a combination of the Slash QB, Pistol QB, Tight End, H Back, Fullback, Tailback etc, 5th receiver ect. The defensive would have to find him on the field. Newton would create enormous mismatches and open up the game.

Think about what the Patriots are about to do with the 2011 draft? The Bills will have to be twice as good as the Patriots brain trust just to stay even. That is not going to happen, the only chance the Bills have is to leapfrog into the future and a player like Newton could do just that. Is it a gamble? Yep but I am willing to bet that Newton will help his NFL team a lot more that any Offensive lineman or Linebacker will (yes I agree that they are desparate for help there too). It's a radical approach and I doubt that the Bills are creative enough to do it.

That "slash" idea worked out great with Kordell Stewart. Isn't he washing cars now?

That "slash" idea worked out great with Kordell Stewart. Isn't he washing cars now?

I thought the slash idea actually worked out pretty well for Kordell. The starting QB idea did not.