Stl Bills Mock Draft

Stl Bills

1. Nick Fairley DT/DE Auburn This guy is a Beast, plays with a mean streak and could be used all over the D-line.

2. Greg Jones LB Michigan State Sures up the inside with Poz. Athletic, maybe a little undersized but still very effective against the Run.

3. Dontae Moch OLB Nevada He could be gone by the middle of round 2 but if he's there he fills a big need.

4. John Moffit OL Wisc. Interior Line Depth. Has really come on strong this year for Wisconsin.

4. Derek Hall OT Stanford. More Depth on the O-line.

5. Roy Helu RB Nebraska. Would be a nice insurance policy on Fred untill CJ proves he can carry the load. Would be a nice #3 RB.

6. Andre Smith TE Va Tech. Very versatile TE who can actually run block. Can also play Special Teams and did for Frank Beamer at VT.

7. Ryan Winterswyk DE Boise State. Not the Most athletic and doesn't really fit the 3-4 scheme but the kids just a football player. What the hell?

Flame Away! :thumbsup:

1. Nick Fairley DT/DE Auburn This guy is a Beast, plays with a mean streak and could be used all over the D-line.

2. Greg Jones LB Michigan State Sures up the inside with Poz. Athletic, maybe a little undersized but still very effective against the Run.

3. Dontae Moch OLB Nevada He could be gone by the middle of round 2 but if he's there he fills a big need.

4. John Moffit OL Wisc. Interior Line Depth. Has really come on strong this year for Wisconsin.

5. Roy Helu RB Nebraska. Would be a nice insurance policy on Fred untill CJ proves he can carry the load. Would be a nice #3 RB.

6. Andre Smith TE Va Tech. Very versatile TE who can actually run block. Can also play Special Teams and did for Frank Beamer at VT.

7. Ryan Winterswyk DE Boise State. Not the Most athletic and doesn't really fit the 3-4 scheme but the kids just a football player. What the hell?

I appreciate your time and effort, but the only guy I've heard of is Fairley and I think he'll be gone by the time we pick so I can't really offer any feedback.

Dont know a ton about the individuals after Fairley, but I like that since we didnt go QB in the first, we didnt bother wasting a pick on one in the 2nd-7th rounds.

IMO, if we are getting a QB this year, it's either first round or nothing. And that is ONLY IF Nix believes that QB is truly worthy of a #4(?) overall pick.

looks like a good haul. Certainly would put quality people in areas of need. I'm gonna wait until the camps to see who looks good as we approach the draft, but your strategy sounds like the best...Defensive front seven and O-line. I even like the tight end (I'm liking the guy from Tennessee though).

looks like a good haul. Certainly would put quality people in areas of need. I'm gonna wait until the camps to see who looks good as we approach the draft, but your strategy sounds like the best...Defensive front seven and O-line. I even like the tight end (I'm liking the guy from Tennessee though).

figures... <_<

j/k

I think the Bills need a CB somewhere in the mid rounds.

+1

2. Greg Jones LB Michigan State Sures up the inside with Poz. Athletic, maybe a little undersized but still very effective

I think we need to find a solid MLB to play next to Poz. Greg Jones sounds good, but not for middle. Would have to take on blockers well.

FWIW, here's what Walter Ftball has to say (dont think they're always accurate tho)

Greg Jones, OLB, Michigan State - Scouting Report

Height: 6-1. Weight: 228.

Projected 40 Time: 4.61.

Projected Round (2010): 2.

10/9/10: Jones best fit at the next level is weakside linebacker with his outstanding range in coverage and his ability to be a run-and-hit linebacker. He is very fast and seems to always be around the ball.

5/12/10: A bit undersized right now, Greg Jones had a terrific junior campaign, notching 154 tackles, 14 TFL and nine sacks.

scouting report

Edited by dgrid

Dont know a ton about the individuals after Fairley, but I like that since we didnt go QB in the first, we didnt bother wasting a pick on one in the 2nd-7th rounds.

IMO, if we are getting a QB this year, it's either first round or nothing. And that is ONLY IF Nix believes that QB is truly worthy of a #4(?) overall pick.

Is Newton worth that pick? (remember who/what Nix thought was worthy at 9 last year).

I think Luck (if he's out) and Newton go to Carolina and Cincy, so it won't matter. The rest of the QBs won't go in the first (this group was overhyped by everyone this summer).

Is Newton worth that pick? (remember who/what Nix thought was worthy at 9 last year).

I think Luck (if he's out) and Newton go to Carolina and Cincy, so it won't matter. The rest of the QBs won't go in the first (this group was overhyped by everyone this summer).

I, personally, wouldnt be upset with Newton at 4. I'd even understand picking Mallet there. I think this group could be as good as the Manning/Rivers/Rothlisberger draft.

But I think spending a 3rd on Ponder (for example) would be a complete waste.

+1

I think we need to find a solid MLB to play next to Poz. Greg Jones sounds good, but not for middle. Would have to take on blockers well.

FWIW, here's what Walter Ftball has to say (dont think they're always accurate tho)

10/9/10: Jones best fit at the next level is weakside linebacker with his outstanding range in coverage and his ability to be a run-and-hit linebacker. He is very fast and seems to always be around the ball.

5/12/10: A bit undersized right now, Greg Jones had a terrific junior campaign, notching 154 tackles, 14 TFL and nine sacks.

scouting report

would Casey Mathews fit in good next to Poz next year?...have a LB line of Moats, Poz, Mathews, Houston

I appreciate your time and effort, but the only guy I've heard of is Fairley and I think he'll be gone by the time we pick so I can't really offer any feedback.

This, Metz, is what is upsetting me greatly; not so much that we miss out on Luck at #1, but that we are potentially missing out on two stud DL in the upcoming draft.

Again, I still prefer winning, but I hate the idea of falling back any further than 4th and missing out.

I think the Bills would get a lot of critisism if they waited untill the 4th round to draft an OL

I think the O-line has been pretty solid this year....we could use some depth though which can be found in the mid to late rounds. I think the only real question mark on the O-line is RT, perhaps RG if Wood has permanently moved to C. Bell has been solid this year with the exception of 1 game against Minnesota.

+1

scouting report

Jones is a good ILB prospect IMO. Anyone who has seen the guy on the field knows that he is bigger than 228lbs. He's not built like Maybin. He seems to make plays all over the field also. This is his bio from the official MSU site:

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jones_greg00.html