It was Alaso Acting Alone Along The Grassy Knoll?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're allowed to stand where they were standing, who really cares? How dare they break rules by following the rules.

*Obviously this point is moot if they're not allowed to stand there.

I think it falls under the sportsmanship category. If the rules state that team personnel must line up behind the white line, and they all line up in a neat row right at the line only during a punt or a kick return, then it's a sign that the organization is run by a slimebucket.

Legal by league rules, totally sleazy by any other standards.

If they're allowed to stand where they were standing, who really cares? How dare they break rules by following the rules.

Two things:

1) It's a common strategy to push the gunner out of bounds, especially now that the rule is in place that the gunner has to immediately make an effort to get back in bounds. You don't think it's unsportmanlike behavior to form a human wall to impede the gunner from doing so? Not to mention you've intentionally put the players and the human wall at risk for severe injury.

2) If they did it on purpose, were they told to do so by one of their superiors such as Rex Ryan or the special teams coach? If so, they could be implicated as well. Obviously, there is a difference between being a passive impediment and an active one but there is also a murky area in between. Had the coach not already admitted he did it on purpose, this act would've fallen in that gray area. So it begs the question, what were their instructions? Were they told to stand absolutely still, or were they told to make themselves big and be subtle about it. Both are bad but one is technically legal (but still unsportsmanlike). The other is worthy of severe punishment.

Two things:

1) It's a common strategy to push the gunner out of bounds, especially now that the rule is in place that the gunner has to immediately make an effort to get back in bounds. You don't think it's unsportmanlike behavior to form a human wall to impede the gunner from doing so? Not to mention you've intentionally put the players and the human wall at risk for severe injury.

2) If they did it on purpose, were they told to do so by one of their superiors such as Rex Ryan or the special teams coach? If so, they could be implicated as well. Obviously, there is a difference between being a passive impediment and an active one but there is also a murky area in between. Had the coach not already admitted he did it on purpose, this act would've fallen in that gray area. So it begs the question, what were their instructions? Were they told to stand absolutely still, or were they told to make themselves big and be subtle about it. Both are bad but one is technically legal (but still unsportsmanlike). The other is worthy of severe punishment.

I've watched alot of football games, and I do not recall ever seeing a lineup of coaches all standing absolutely still despite the action of the game approaching them. Seems to me they specifically stood there to disrupt/impede the play given the high likelihood the gunner would get pushed out of bounds in that area.... which is at least unsportsmanlike, and borders on dangerous douchebaggery. The way they acted in unison makes me think it was premeditated, but unless the Jets admit they did it on purpose, it will be difficult to prove. The league shouldn't have to make rules to govern the sidelines and coaches behaviors, but I hope they make an example of the Jets and cause a little embarrassment in the process. Obviously the dude who actually tripped the gunner should receive some sort of specific punishment.

Its the sideline - thats where players not on the field are suspposed to stand. The NFL has a penalty for gunners running out of bounds and not coming right back in bounds within reason. Aside from that guy clearly movving to hit the gunner - lets say the gunner just happend to run into him or went around him - the gunner gets flagged.

The guys off the field have the right to be there, the gunner doesnt. they could have flagged the miami guy for continuing to run out of the field of play if they thought he deserved it. My guess is the jets hawk is supposed to block the guy to the outside of the human wall and thus force the gunner to stay out of bounds and draw a flag - not run him into a wall of humans. If that were teh case, wouldnt the line be better positions perpendiculare to the sideline and not parralell? Its a genious and legal coaching ploy if thats what it was.

Edited by Thoner7

it seems obvious to me that that bunch were there on purpose, not necessarily to trip a player but to impede his progress. If the gunner gets knocked behind the line he would have to run along behind slowing up his progress. They're definitely in formation and not moving out of the way for a reason.......

yeah if the coaches are allowed to stand there then theres nothing wrong that they do. a rule change would have to be implemented if the league wanted to stop that kind of thing

now the knee trip, thats another story. i still cant believe he did that. do you realize how easy it would have been for him to tear every ligament in his knee that way? a couple inches to the players right and his leg looks like a pretzel that kyle williams sat on

How many of us, if the gunnner, would have barreled in to those JETS coaches given the first chance? I know that if I am playing against the Jets and saw anything similar to this on a punt or kick off return I wouldn't be afraid to use my body a litte more.

You were one of those kids that used to tell other kids "I'm not touching you" but somehow never got slapped for it aren't you?

Suspended for the rest of the season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-suspends-Jets-coach-rest-of-season-for-tripp?urn=nfl-295447

so, nfl suspension logic is tripping a player is worse than a fist fight in the middle of a game, equal to running an illegal dog fighting ring/stealing family pets and torturing them but slightly less offensive than being accused of rape. twice.