Did we have even 35,000 in the stands yesterday?

Easy tiger. I was at the game yesterday and there's no way there were 50,000 people in that stadium,and even if there were, no need for the name-calling. There were actually more people there than you'd think though, probably around 43,000 or so.

As i said in my post after the game last night, it looked about 40% full, and with a capacity of 73K, that would put it close to 30,000.

Attendance: 50,861

That is probably paid attendance. Bearls little bearing on how many people were actually there.

Looking on TV I find it very difficult to believe 50000 people were there.

50,861 bought tickets, but how many actually showed up was the question. I know on other sites people were giving away tickets. Or how many tired to stay warm in the parking lot had too much whiskey & passed out in the car?

Yeah, what he said :)

I was there, I would have guessed somewhere just south of 40,000. However, the 50,861 figure mentioned and used on the box scores as "attendance" is the actual gate, not paid attendance from what I understand. Seems heavy but if you look at stadium capacity versus the attendance shown in box scores, the box score number is typically less than capacity, even for teams with major sellout steaks. Take Washington for example... the capacity for that place is 91,704 and the team claimed, even with their 2010 Ticket Press release to have been sold out since 1966 (some claim that to be somewhat fabricated). In any case, yesterday's attendance at the Skins game... 66,124. So obviously the number shown in box scores is the gate.

So my point is, I guess the number of 50,861 was actual gate attendance. No way that's paid, with the proximity to Clevaland the number of season tickets sold (somewhere on the mod 40,000s), makes that impossible.

yea it was over 50,000 dumbass

There is no way in hell it was over 50,000. Only a "dumbass" would even try to say there was. 50,000 means the stadium was over 2/3 full. Ummmmm, no way in hell.

Attendance: 50,861

That means tickets sold, not how many people actually went through the turnstiles.

I was there, I would have guessed somewhere just south of 40,000. However, the 50,861 figure mentioned and used on the box scores as "attendance" is the actual gate, not paid attendance from what I understand. Seems heavy but if you look at stadium capacity versus the attendance shown in box scores, the box score number is typically less than capacity, even for teams with major sellout steaks. Take Washington for example... the capacity for that place is 91,704 and the team claimed, even with their 2010 Ticket Press release to have been sold out since 1966 (some claim that to be somewhat fabricated). In any case, yesterday's attendance at the Skins game... 66,124. So obviously the number shown in box scores is the gate.

So my point is, I guess the number of 50,861 was actual gate attendance. No way that's paid, with the proximity to Clevaland the number of season tickets sold (somewhere on the mod 40,000s), makes that impossible.

There's no way over 50,000 walked through the gates yesterday. For the Detroit game, there were about 13,000 - 15,000 seats left unsold, and while the crowd was sparse, the only really noticeable blocks of empties were in the upper deck corners. 72-15 = 57,000. There is no way in hell the crowd yesterday was anywhere near the Detroit game.

You make a good point though, about gate numbers in box scores with teams being sold out but having less numbers in the attendance lines. I used to work in the ticket office for the Atlanta Braves, and we counted tickets sold as attendance. So, even when there were sometimes 10,000 people in the park, we announced the attendance as say.....22,059. I don't know if the NFL has a blanket policy on how attendance is actually counted or if it's left up to the individual clubs as how they choose to count it.

Not a chance.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Easy tiger. I was at the game yesterday and there's no way there were 50,000 people in that stadium,and even if there were, no need for the name-calling. There were actually more people there than you'd think though, probably around 43,000 or so.

Was he calling you a bad name or referring to the number of attendees? :unsure: