Did we have even 35,000 in the stands yesterday?

There is no way in hell it was over 50,000. Only a "dumbass" would even try to say there was. 50,000 means the stadium was over 2/3 full. Ummmmm, no way in hell.

Technically the stadium was 2/3 full...if you ignore all the empty seats in between people.

PTR

Man, I was at a rainy, messy Bills-colts game back when the bills were 2-14 in back to back seasons of 84-85. I can't remember which year it was, but I remember it was miserable and there could not have been more than 25,000 people in the stands.

Dec 2 1984. I left at half time. attendance 20,693...smallest crowed in Rich history at the time. Miserable day.

Are we going to start covering half the stadium with tarp like Jacksonville just to say we sold out?

To be fair, even when they put up the tarps, it leaves more than 67,000 seats, I believe. That capacity isn't far off from The Ralph's.

And the point is what??

Two poor teams going no place fast on a lousy day in December; I'm not surprised the stadium was only half-full.

You stole my thoughts exactly.

The game was totally irrelevant. Any conclusions drawn from a game like this are also irrelevant. I read some articles about how the defense has turned the corner,etc. blah blah blah!

This was against a bad team that couldn't hold onto the ball with a horrible QB. This game proved nothing to anyone except the easily persuaded.

We have a crew of about 20 people that rotate in and out of 8 seats throughout the season. Nobody used their tickets.

It was the perfect storm so to speak. Even though the Bills have been more entertaining lately, the game meant nothing, 2 teams with a history of disgusting displays, 40 and raining with the chance of ice and snow on the ride home, prime weekend for holiday chores and fixing what went wrong from the 5 feet of snow the past week.

New England should have a pretty decent turnout. Uncle Ralph has been giving out thousands of tickets to local charities for free or near free.

And the point is what??

Two poor teams going no place fast on a lousy day in December; I'm not surprised the stadium was only half-full.

Well, the point of asking a question is to get an answer. So the point was he was trying to discover how many people went to the game.

Then he made a comment saying he hasn't seen attendence that low since the 80s, which is a pretty big gap. So..... if you don't know the point of his post, then I don't know what to tell ya. But if it helps, if someone asks a question, the point is they are trying to find an answer.

Just heard from one of my contacts at the Bills, they report paid attendance, not actual turnstile numbers.

Thanks Jack, you beat me to it. Glad I read thru all the posts. This has been the policy for quite a while. I know the Bills went with paid attendence when I started working for them in the early 80's.

Someone mentioned Ralph Wilson donating tickets. Just to let people here know; Mr. Wilson donates quite a few tickets for every game for those not fortunate to able to afford tickets on their own. All over the stadium..Club seats, sideline, etc. Many current and former players also donate tickets...disadvantaged kids, disabled vets from the VA here in Buffalo, halfway houses and Boys & Gilrs Clubs. None of them want press for their good deeds. They are good guys with many players having come from similar backgrounds to the kids they help today.

Edited by LancasterSteve