Judge Rejects Obamacare Individual Mandate Provision

/dev/null

It appears that judge Vinson from Florida may be leaning against the health insurance bill.

In a federal courtroom Thursday, Judge Roger Vinson questioned how far Congresss authority would go if it can legally require nearly all Americans to purchase health insurance.

Could they "mandate everybody has to buy a certain amount of broccoli? Vinson questioned, comparing the positive impact both could have on health. The comments came during oral arguments in the case brought by 20 states against the health reform lawjust days after a federal judge in Virginia struck down the same controversial piece of President Obamas signature legislation.

“There are lots of alternative ways to provide health care to the needy without imposing on individual liberties and freedom of choice,” Vinson said during today’s hearing.
Edited by Magox

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that judge Vinson from Florida may be leaning against the health insurance bill.

If this bill gets wiped out by the Supreme Court, I might just host a party. Open bar. TVs everywhere...with most of them tuned to MSNBC and the rest getting feeds from webcams atop the Golden Gate Bridge.

If this bill gets wiped out by the Supreme Court, I might just host a party. Open bar. TVs everywhere...with most of them tuned to MSNBC and the rest getting feeds from webcams atop the Golden Gate Bridge.

After watching those dolts total misconstrue the mid term election results, I think that they might just spontaneously combust if obamacare is struck down.

:lol::lol::lol: That would probably be even more enjoyable than the night Maddow was covering the Scott Brown victory.

Or the panel of Matthews, Maddow, Olberman and Eugene Robinson covering the November mid-terms, when apparently the only two races were in Nevada and Delaware.

I believe I can safely say this, that was the most amateurish, whiny and unprofessional "news" coverage of any elections in American television history.

I believe I can safely say this, that was the most amateurish, whiny and unprofessional "news" coverage of any elections in American television history.

I know...I'm a right wing teabagging partisan hack, but even the progressives had to admit it was like watching a public access channel. I kept waiting for the Wayne's World logo to spin across the screen.

Let me tell you about another group that was thinking of the greater good. They were called Nazis.

Nice "Clerks" reference. I like it. Way to cool for most to get. If pbills was in range I would toss some Marlboro's at him. :thumbsup:

Go to the 2.45 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTbusMZEL0Q

Edited by Dante

I know...I'm a right wing teabagging partisan hack, but even the progressives had to admit it was like watching a public access channel. I kept waiting for the Wayne's World logo to spin across the screen.

No they didnt. Beck, O'Reilly and Limbaugh drink babies' blood while leading lambs to slaughter. But when Keith O furrows his brow and pontificates into the camera for 20 minutes straight, when Matthews gets tingly, or when Maddow's rooster gets hard...well...they are just "speaking truth to power"...or "telling it like it is!!!!!"

Yeah...!@#$ that stupid Declaration of Independence and Constitution....who needs them? "Get over yourself."

This is not banning salt or a happy meal toy. This mandate is violating one of the primary pillars on which the Country was founded. Why dont you get that?

BTW...what else do you think the Government should "require" us to buy....for the public good?

What would you think if they allowed someone to post a bond, like they do with car insurance as an alternative and put in language blocking it from being used as a precedent in declaring another bill constitutional.

I don't say I am 100% behind the mandate, but it would clearly lower costs- add opening state lines, and I really think we could be onto something. With the whole country as a customer and every insurance company in play, that's a heck of a lot of competition to further lower costs.

I am sure that isn't a perfect solution, but there never will be anything perfect

What would you think if they allowed someone to post a bond, like they do with car insurance as an alternative and put in language blocking it from being used as a precedent in declaring another bill constitutional.

I don't say I am 100% behind the mandate, but it would clearly lower costs- add opening state lines, and I really think we could be onto something. With the whole country as a customer and every insurance company in play, that's a heck of a lot of competition to further lower costs.

I am sure that isn't a perfect solution, but there never will be anything perfect

No it wouldn't. Because the fines for not getting it are so ridiculously low that people/employers will take the fine since it's cheaper than buying insurance. And since you can't be refused insurance when you need it, you only have to get it when you're sick. It's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

No it wouldn't. Because the fines for not getting it are so ridiculously low that people/employers will take the fine since it's cheaper than buying insurance. And since you can't be refused insurance when you need it, you only have to get it when you're sick. It's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Thank you. I was going to lambaste Adam for that statement, but I just couldn't get past my amazement that anyone would believe that.

Haven't you been listening to what I've been saying? it's like I'm talking to a bunch of !@#$ing walls. :wallbash:

Haven't you been listening to what I've been saying? it's like I'm talking to a bunch of !@#$ing walls. :wallbash:

I might have missed some of your earlier posts, as I have been trying to get enough work done in the office to call it a day as my so-called sinus infection is starting to border on pneumonia.....that condition makes it hard to find the good posts in the stream of psuedo profanity laden partisan hack posts.

Don't be frustrated if I missed something- I am trying to keep up with an interesting post, despite dealing with stuff

Who are you?

Two years, and I'm still pointing out that health care and health insurance aren't the same thing. Welcome to my world.