Judge Rejects Obamacare Individual Mandate Provision

/dev/null

Oh dear god. The whole Nazi crap comes out. Well I guess that makes it easier for me to never take you seriously.

I laugh when people say that they don't want the government messing with their healthcare yet they receive medicare. awesome.

Let me ask you this, should ERs not see anyone who doesn't have healthcare? And if they do help those people, do you mind having those expenses trickle down to you?

You think that Obamacare will miraculously cure the problem of excessive/unnecessary ED visits? Think again.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should they deny someone care because they don't have healthcare? If not, then how do we combat having those expenses being trickled down to other patients, insurance companies, the hospital itself?

Who is asking care be DENIED?

Oh thats right...NOBODY.

How do we prevent costs be trickled down to someone else? How about the recipient of the service PAY FOR IT, either up front or on some sort of credit plan?

That only works for every other !@#$ing business and service provider in the galaxy. And contrary to your STUPID assertion that "no insurance means no care", you can walk into any doctors office or hospital and PAY COLD CASH for your care...your exam, your procedure, your tests, your hospital stay....anything. They DO take checks and credit cards.

Edited by RkFast

Self centered? You are the dick who refuses to help get this kid medical care. Let him rot you say, he needs to take care of himself. He should be self-sustaining. And what did you donate to this kid? He needs to pay his own damn medical bills. You are the one who supports this position.

You are the dickhole who does not care about children getting raped in Afghanistan. You are the dick who does not care about children getting raped in the Catholic church. "We can't let our secrets get out, it will make use insecure". Security for the damn rich and powerful, yes. Tell that to these boys while someone's dick is being shoved up their ass. "Hey boy, you are making America secure, and that is important".

You are the dick who thinks corporations like Dyncorp and Haliburton do are justified because capitolism rules supreme. Companies should be able to do what they want, the system will take care of the problems.

!@#$ing !@#$ you, and the !@#$ your mother **** you out of.

Fifty bucks, conner. Fifty bucks.

You're not helping, you're just buying a conscience. You only care about helping yourself feel better about yourself. You don't make a damn bit of difference in that kid's life, or anyone else's. You don't care about anyone else, you only care about yourself.

You DO realize that not even 30 years ago, most people DID INDEED PAY OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET FOR THEIR OWN BASIC CARE MEDICAL EXPENSES....RIGHT?

I do, but that is not the case now is it?

Who is asking care be DENIED?

Oh thats right...NOBODY.

How do we prevent costs be trickled down to someone else? How about the recipient of the service PAY FOR IT, either up front or on some sort of credit plan?

That only works for every other !@#$ing business and service provider in the galaxy.

And they don't have the money or the means to pay for the ER care? Then what?

Face it the uninsured use the ER for primary care.

Edited by pBills

I do, but that is not the case now is it?

And they don't have the money or the means to pay for the ER care? Then what?

Face it the uninsured use the ER for primary care.

they get a bill and pay it off.

Look...nobody is saying the scanrio youre spelling out isnt an issue. But the resoltion does not have to be government mandate. How about some kind of "health credit union" where payments made to cover your care are tax deductable? Im not saying thats a perfect solution, but its an alternative thats certainly possible and one I came up with in about three seconds.

they get a bill and pay it off.

Look...nobody is saying the scanrio youre spelling out isnt an issue. But the resoltion does not have to be government mandate. How about some kind of "health credit union" where payments made to cover your care are tax deductable? Im not saying thats a perfect solution, but its an alternative thats certainly possible and one I came up with in about three seconds.

Health Credit Union is not a bad idea. I also agree with you about the mandate... but just like some people here say about unemployment, people need incentive to become covered. Is that coverage going to happen because rates were lowered, maybe they will be lucky and find a FT that offers insurance. Who knows.

Fifty bucks, conner. Fifty bucks.

You're not helping, you're just buying a conscience. You only care about helping yourself feel better about yourself. You don't make a damn bit of difference in that kid's life, or anyone else's. You don't care about anyone else, you only care about yourself.

Well this is the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen. You are just lying to me about me, which I think is hilarious. Telling me lies about myself. I love that. Are you going to tell me I have three legs also.

Anyways, if you are trying to get me to lose so much respect for you that I would cease to even acknowledge you exist, you are doing a very good job of this.

And I realize you think what you have said is "insight". I promise you this is not even close to a true thought on your part.

Edited by conner

Should they deny someone care because they don't have healthcare? If not, then how do we combat having those expenses being trickled down to other patients, insurance companies, the hospital itself?

Again, I ask, how does someone receiving 'healthcare' which is by definition what someone receives when they are being treated in the ER not 'have healthcare?'

You really do buy whatever they're selling. Magox had you pegged. You've been so duped you don't even draw a distinction between care and insurance.

He clearly doesn't.

Well this is the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen. You are just lying to me about me, which I think is hilarious. Telling me lies about myself. I love that. Are you going to tell me I have three legs also.

Anyways, if you are trying to get me to lose so much respect for you that I would cease to even acknowledge you exist, you are doing a very good job of this.

And I realize you think what you have said is "insight". I promise you this is not even close to a true thought on your part.

Whoa, hold on. Can somebody check the TOS? Are trolls allowed to put people on 'ignore?'

Again, I ask, how does someone receiving 'healthcare' which is by definition what someone receives when they are being treated in the ER not 'have healthcare?'

He clearly doesn't.

Again... who the hell are you? When did you chime into this?

Not have health insurance when receiving care via the ER. Make sense to you now?

I bought a present for a kid on the angel tree. Who wants to touch me?

Whoa, hold on. Can somebody check the TOS? Are trolls allowed to put people on 'ignore?'

I laughed out loud at that one

:lol::lol::lol:

You mean like you did for me? How could you possibly know I'm heartless? Because I don't crow about donating meaningless sums of money to strangers on the internet?

Difference is...I can back it up. I know people like you, who think proving they care is enough to make them special and make a difference. It doesn't, and you're not. You're a narcissistic parasite, as evidenced by the fact that you donate a pittance and feel the need to brag about it.

You wouldn't know insight if it bit you in the ass. You're worse than a complete idiot.

Edited by DC Tom

You mean like you did for me? How could you possibly know I'm heartless? Because I don't crow about donating meaningless sums of money to strangers on the internet?

Difference is...I can back it up. I know people like you, who think proving they care is enough to make them special and make a difference. It doesn't, and you're not. You're a narcissistic parasite, as evidenced by the fact that you donate a pittance and feel the need to brag about it.

I take this to mean "I donate to things, that you don't know about".

... ya, I have the same problem.

I know you are heartless because of the positions you take on issues where heart and compassion are required. It has nothing to do with your pocket book, and everything to do with your actual stances. You are the !@#$ who likes to (defend the) torture innocent teenagers who were arrested in Yeman and brought to Guantanamo. !@#$ that they didn't do anything wrong, America needs to waterboard people.

I take this to mean "I donate to things, that you don't know about".

... ya, I have the same problem.

I know you are heartless because of the positions you take on issues where heart and compassion are required. It has nothing to do with your pocket book, and everything to do with your actual stances. You are the !@#$ who likes to (defend the) torture innocent teenagers who were arrested in Yeman and brought to Guantanamo. !@#$ that they didn't do anything wrong, America needs to waterboard people.

I think you confuse having a brain with having no heart.

Again... who the hell are you? When did you chime into this?

Again? When did you ask the 1st time? I chimed in on the 1st post of mine you replied to in this thread.

Not have health insurance when receiving care via the ER. Make sense to you now?

The better question is, does it make sense to you now? It's good to see you do appear to realize there is distinction between 'healthcare' and 'health insurance' but I'm not convinced you know what the distinction is.

Again? When did you ask the 1st time? I chimed in on the 1st post of mine you replied to in this thread.

The better question is, does it make sense to you now? It's good to see you do appear to realize there is distinction between 'healthcare' and 'health insurance' but I'm not convinced you know what the distinction is.

I must have ignored you for a reason. Ooops. :rolleyes:

I totally understand the difference. Thank you for your concern though.

Edited by pBills

I laugh when people say that they don't want the government messing with their healthcare yet they receive medicare. awesome.

Let me ask you this, should ERs not see anyone who doesn't have healthcare? And if they do help those people, do you mind having those expenses trickle down to you?

Did we just move completely away from your "it's like car insurance" argument and briefly into your "yeah, well you like your medicare" argument before diving into your "ER cost trickle down" argument? Is your next plan to throw the gun at me?

And is to safe to assume that we now agree that mandatory health care is nowhere near the same thing as mandatory car insurance, and you should stop making that comparison?

Did we just move completely away from your "it's like car insurance" argument and briefly into your "yeah, well you like your medicare" argument before diving into your "ER cost trickle down" argument? Is your next plan to throw the gun at me?

And is to safe to assume that we now agree that mandatory health care is nowhere near the same thing as mandatory car insurance, and you should stop making that comparison?

How about this... see you can follow along. People were complaining about the government telling them what they can do... YET, those same people don't have a problem having the state government tell them what to do. As stated, ON THE SURFACE it's like car insurance. In both cases the government is telling you that you need to have insurance. ONLY ON THE SURFACE ARE THEY THE SAME. I put that in all caps for you.

Those people will also say they do not want the government involved in their healthcare coverage, yet they have medicare. Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

I also stated for those who do not want it to be mandated that everyone has insurance, HOW WOULD YOU handle the large amount of people who treat the ER like a primary care physicians office because they do not have health insurance? Knowing that their free service is in a nutshell being paid by others? That relating to mandated health insurance. If these people had coverage no matter how simple their plan may be, maybe JUST MAYBE those costs from ER would not get passed on to you and me. ERs would most likely be less crowded, etc., etc.

Edited by pBills

How about this... see you can follow along. People were complaining about the government telling them what they can do... YET, those same people don't have a problem having the state government tell them what to do. As stated, ON THE SURFACE it's like car insurance. In both cases the government is telling you that you need to have insurance. ONLY ON THE SURFACE ARE THEY THE SAME. I put that in all caps for you.

On the surface, one's a choice and the other's a mandate. :wallbash:

On the surface, one's a choice and the other's a mandate. :wallbash:

Both have the government telling you what to do. Correct... driving is a privilege. Since we're talking about the surface level shouldn't those people forego driving because the government is forcing them to purchase insurance? Matter of principle to them.

Those people will also say they do not want the government involved in their healthcare coverage, yet they have medicare. Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

I also stated for those who do not want it to be mandated that everyone has insurance, HOW WOULD YOU handle the large amount of people who treat the ER like a primary care physicians office because they do not have health insurance? Knowing that their free service is in a nutshell being paid by others? That relating to mandated health insurance. If these people had coverage no matter how simple their plan may be, maybe JUST MAYBE those costs from ER would not get passed on to you and me. ERs would most likely be less crowded, etc., etc.

The state is telling people what they must do IF THEY OWN A CAR. The federal government is telling people what to do IF THEY ARE BREATHING. Some would argue that THIS is why comparing the two is ridiculous.

Don't want car insurance? Don't get a car. Or pay cash so you only have to cover the basics. But you are not born into this world with an immediate mandate to buy car insurance.

In terms of your ER trickle down theory, two very simple points: first, I am not forced to pay those costs simply because I'm alive. I only pay those trickle down costs if I use the hospital that is trying to pass it on to me; and second, EVERY profitable provider of goods or services builds loss into their costs, which is in your mind trickling down to the consumer. "You're paying for it anyway" is quite possibly one of the laziest arguments anyone could possibly try to make.