Eric Wood at center

Pirate Angel

just thought Id add that Eric Wood had a tremendous day at center, I caught as much as I could of him. No muffed snaps very smooth, and stoned a very good Shaun Rogers at the line of scrimmage numerous time today. IMO If his move is permanent we will have one of the top 3 centers in the league next year.

just thought Id add that Eric Wood had a tremendous day at center, I caught as much as I could of him. No muffed snaps very smooth, and stoned a very good Shaun Rogers at the line of scrimmage numerous time today. IMO If his move is permanent we will have one of the top 3 centers in the league next year.

+1

Hey, thanks for posting this.

Due to my location, I couldn't watch any of the game, but was very curious to see how Wood did

Definitely agree.

The Bills really did well running up the middle today, and Wood looked very good manning the Center position.

If Wood keeps it up(pun intended) for the remaining three games, I'll bet we will see a Levitre-Wood-Urbik interior line, with Hangartner backing up all three positions.

I was kind of against this at first, Hangartner is really smart (he and Fitz both had pretty impressive Wonderlic scores - Goeff scored a 47) so he is pretty quick at calling the line plays and Hang has been playing center for a while. That being said, Eric appears to be a bit more stout at the point of attack, is a natural fit at center, and weighs a bit more than Geoff. With the big nose tackles in our division having a center that can at least hold his ground is huge.

Hang has some tackle experience in his career and could be the answer over at right tackle, or could probably easily make the transition to guard. With an offseason to tweek what he has it will be interesting to see what direction Chan goes in regards to the line. They have been a bit better at pass protection till that debacle against the Vikes, but I have been disappointed in thier ability to get push in short yardage sitations. Not sure if that is a huge deal with Chan going spread in the red zone, but you would like to have the option to be able to punch it in or to force a yard when needed.

I havent liked Hangman since he came here, and Wood was very stout in their today. The Browns had a #71 in there most of the day but subbed rogers in. Wood was holding them all day, and I have seen enough of Hangman to know he would have been pushed right into Fitz face. Wood to C is a no brainer and getting a new G named Mankins would make my day.

He was a center in college; maybe putting him in his natural position is the right move for this team. Does anyone know if we signed Hangartner for more than this season?

He was a center in college; maybe putting him in his natural position is the right move for this team. Does anyone know if we signed Hangartner for more than this season?

He's signed through the 2012 season. He's scheduled to make $2.55M in 2011 and $2.8M in 2012. He'll definitely be kept as backup C and to start, or at least compete, at RG, where he played a lot in Carolina. The Bills need to find a RT. Hopefully Wrotto distinguishes himself, or better yet, Wang does.

He's signed through the 2012 season. He's scheduled to make $2.55M in 2011 and $2.8M in 2012. He'll definitely be kept as backup C and to start, or at least compete, at RG, where he played a lot in Carolina. The Bills need to find a RT. Hopefully Wrotto distinguishes himself, or better yet, Wang does.

Hopefully we draft a good one in RD 2

I was kind of against this at first, Hangartner is really smart (he and Fitz both had pretty impressive Wonderlic scores - Goeff scored a 47) so he is pretty quick at calling the line plays and Hang has been playing center for a while. That being said, Eric appears to be a bit more stout at the point of attack, is a natural fit at center, and weighs a bit more than Geoff. With the big nose tackles in our division having a center that can at least hold his ground is huge.

Hang has some tackle experience in his career and could be the answer over at right tackle, or could probably easily make the transition to guard. With an offseason to tweek what he has it will be interesting to see what direction Chan goes in regards to the line. They have been a bit better at pass protection till that debacle against the Vikes, but I have been disappointed in thier ability to get push in short yardage sitations. Not sure if that is a huge deal with Chan going spread in the red zone, but you would like to have the option to be able to punch it in or to force a yard when needed.

No sure how Hang would do at RT but putting him in at guard when he comes back might not be a bad idea. Urbik I think is the starter at RG next year.

Ive seen a few Cleveland games this year and big Shaun Rogers was unblockable. He seemed pretty much invisible today. If Rogers wasn't playing injured or sick, then our OL is better than I give them credit for. We ran it right down their throats even on plays when they had up to 9 in the box and they knew it was coming.

Was very excited to see Wood at center today. He did not disappoint one bit. ;)

But really was impressed with how his snaps looked and how he gave freddy some nice holes in the middle. I know Chan hopes Hang gets back for the final 2 games. I hope I dont have to see Wood at guard in another game. The only position I want him at is center. Been saying it since day 1 and today did nothing to diminish my thoughts.