What if the Panthers DON'T draft Luck

saundena

I think that the number 2 team to pick (the Bengals) will. Time to dump Carson Palmer.

Yeah, we're falling out of top 5 range at this point even w/ strength of schedule so Luck is just about a pipe dream at this point.

I think that the number 2 team to pick (the Bengals) will. Time to dump Carson Palmer.

No question. I watched some of their game today and Palmer was absolutely brutal. He pretty much lost that game single handedly. There is no chance Cincy passes on Luck.

What if Luck doesn't declare for the draft? Do we have to hope for losses all next season too?

LOL

No question. I watched some of their game today and Palmer was absolutely brutal. He pretty much lost that game single handedly. There is no chance Cincy passes on Luck.

I said this two weeks ago (ouch, almost dislocated my shoulder).

The mainstream media has been very cautious about their views on Palmer's demise. I think it's a no brainer. He's not an elite quarterback and his career has been trending down while his injuries have been becoming more frequent.

The mainstream media has been very cautious about their views on Palmer's demise. I think it's a no brainer. He's not an elite quarterback and his career has been trending down while his injuries have been becoming more frequent.

this is right on. I have little doubt that Palmer was elite about 4-5 years ago... he's now fading to Jake delhomme 2.0.

Palmer has gone belly up. If Luck comes out and Carolina passes on him (which they won't), Cinci would scoop him up faster than Nix did Spiller. Question is does Cinci snatch up Newton if Luck is off the board and Newton continues to do well in pre-draft workouts??

Edited by purple haze

These 'Lose-for-Luck' threads are really getting ridiculous.

He's not coming out this April anyway - and even if he did, one of the half dozen or more teams that will be drafting ahead of Buffalo would roll the dice on him before Buddy would even have the chance to pass him over for a more proven and experienced NFL prospect.

Edited by The Senator

What if Luck doesn't declare for the draft? Do we have to hope for losses all next season too?

Luck's just finishing his redshirt sophomore season so he could theoretically stay at Stanford until the 2013 draft.

I wonder if we should suck for the next two seasons so we can draft him?

What say you Senator?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Luck's just finishing his redshirt sophomore season so he could theoretically stay at Stanford until the 2013 draft.

What say you Senator?

I say yes! Drafting Luck would turn this franchise around. Keeping sucking and draft the kid - period.

These 'Lose-for-Luck' threads are really getting ridiculous.

Mr. Senator- I'n not suggesting that we lose for Luck. I was just pointing out that Carson Palmer is so bad that if Carolina DOES pass on Luck, that Cincy will almost HAVE to try their luck on Luck. I personally am happy with Fitz for a few years. Let's fortify the trenches and see where that takes us!

If Carolina doesnt draf thim the team that traded with Carolina will draft him/.

I wonder if the Bills trade up to get him. I doubt it seriously. Lets see how Fitz does for three more very tough games. Since we won't get a top 3 pick, might as well win out and show people we can play.

What say you Senator?

I'm already on record, SJ - I say let's commit to losing right thru 2015 so we can draft the real next Jim Kelly...

Chad Kelly Making HOF Uncle Jim Proud

Kelly puts on show at The Ralph

Let's see...he'll red-shirt this Fall and, if he plays all 4 eligible years, will be in the 2016 draft...think of how GREAT we'll be with all the #1-overall picks we'll have stock-piled from 4 consecutive 0-16 seasons!

0 and 64 baby!!! :bag:

Losing is for our own good!!!! :beer: