Roscoe Should he stay or go ?

Roscoe Parrish our 2nd round pick in 2005 from Miami.

Here are his career numbers from NFL.COM

Receptions 133 for 1,486 yards and 7 TD's in 6 seasons or put another way he averages less than 250 and just over 1 TD a year receiving.

Punt Returns 130 times he returned the punt and he accounted for 1,576 yards and 3 TD's. He also Fumbled it 10 times during his career on punts only.

We all remember his dynamic punt returns and opening day Punt return for a TD of a few years ago, but we haven't seen that guy for a few seasons now.

I think more productive talent can be had for the same kind of money. His number say it all, he is below average to average at best.

Have you watched games or just run to nfl.com for stats?

He was having a great year this year until he got hurt with a coach that finally figured out how to use him.

I've seen every game he has ever played and while he had a better year this year he only has 7 td's in 6 seasons, he has health, speed and height issues. I say move on ad get some fresh meat like an AJ Green from Georgia. The kid is big physical and catches eveything.

I've seen every game he has ever played and while he had a better year this year he only has 7 td's in 6 seasons, he has health, speed and height issues. I say move on ad get some fresh meat like an AJ Green from Georgia. The kid is big physical and catches eveything.

So you want to use our 1st round pick (probable top 5) on a WR?

We are not going to waste a first round pick on a reciever like A.J. Green unless we trade out of the second pick and land two first rounders then he might be the second of the two but i think Roscoe is our man and we can have him cheap...

There is no doubt that he had his most productive year as of late in regards to his WR play, having said that, we are probably as deep as any other position at the WR spot, with Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Jones and Easley, it wouldn't make sense in my view to resign him, the other guys are good enough to play at an above average level, so I would be somewhat surprised if the Bills locked up Roscoe to a new contract.

Have you watched games or just run to nfl.com for stats?

He was having a great year this year until he got hurt with a coach that finally figured out how to use him.

I agree with you, but there is some merit to the OP. Imo, it depends upon just how much money Nix/Gailey/Ralph want to devote to gadget players. Spiller is making a ton of money and isn't going anywhere.

Look at it this way: There are individual offensive linemen that might be paid more than every blocker on our roster.....combined. I do not have the time nor desire to do the research, bit it is possible imo. Too much of the Bills salary structure is devoted to tiny little "speedsters," and the team is losing football games.

Also, Nelson is a promising rookie who might be able to deliver more than Parrish. It is possible.

In any event, I wouldn't be shocked if he stays or if he goes.

Clear answer is we keep Roscoe. We need as many offensive weapons as we can get. Chan likes him. I'd be surprised if he walks.

Thats the problem we have too many cheap players. Cheap means that the majority of teams don't want them and they are not very good. There are exceptions of course. If they Bills are to get better they need better quality players to play better, that costs money. The Bills and their fans need to get out of the cheap mentality and move on to quality. A kid like A J Green makes a hug impact in and gives us a dynamic, big physical receiver. Roscoe is a smurf, who cant take a beating and is slowing down. Move on folks!

Enough with the friggin' midgets and ridiculous excuses for their crappy production. This was yet another awful draft pick (passing on Vincent Jackson). Wouldn't it be nice to just draft some good football players that didn't need some special system to make them remotely serviceable?

People want to sign losers like Parish to big contracts and then wonder why the Bills always suck. Good grief!

Clear answer is we keep Roscoe. We need as many offensive weapons as we can get. Chan likes him. I'd be surprised if he walks.

throw the career numbers in the trash can they don't matter. What matters now are his head coach likes him and up until the injury he was have a tremendous year and getting better each game. He's not going anywhere. Get a tight end Chan can work magic with them too when he has a good one- not with the top five pick we have to get a pass rusher either at LB or DE

Edited by CardinalScotts

Enough with the friggin' midgets and ridiculous excuses for their crappy production. This was yet another awful draft pick (passing on Vincent Jackson). Wouldn't it be nice to just draft some good football players that didn't need some special system to make them remotely serviceable?

People want to sign losers like Parish to big contracts and then wonder why the Bills always suck. Good grief!

:thumbsup: Thank you for this.