Leodis McKelvin

Fitzmagic

Here is what you do with McKelvin... you keep him, keep playing him and keep working with him. He will only get better. Get off his back, he has immense talents.

I agree that he has talent and that the coaching staff should work with him. However next year is his last year to prove he can learn.

I fear that McDrainBramage does not have the ability to learn.

3 years on the job he still can't turn his head to locate the ball.

3 years on the job he still has ball security issues on Kickoffs.

You absolutely cannot allow McDrainBramage to return Kickoffs or punts anymore this season. A fumble on a kickoff is devastating for a good team and almost a game ender for a below average team.

That fumble was the turning point in the game and gave the ViQueens the mo' that eventually won them the game.

The way he plays he is a liability to the defense and special teams. He has to show improvement late in the year and preseason next year.

I'm just worried it might be a lost cause.

Edited by Why So Serious?

McKelvin is essentially in his second year...lost a year to injury. Incredible physical talent. And, looks like he belongs out there. Yes, he has made mistakes, but that is OK...great season to do that. And, I expect him to start next year...either opposite McGee (Florence a free agent) or with Florence...if the Bills can resign him. No way to is a McCargo or Maybin situation...not even close. Been watching the Bills for 50 years (yeh, grey hair), I like what McKelvin is GOING TO BE. The man has all pro potential...all of you out there with short fuses...put them OUT!

This is much more likely to be McDrainBramage. Notice no letters were harmed in the making of that post, plus the poster's name is Whodat.

You're a tool. So Leodis is not the most cerebral player on the Bills roster. Who died and made you the king of everything intellectual? Then you go on to criticize the poster's name? Get a life.

does he survive the 2011 off season?

I say yes... only as a corner back. Maybe a Nickel only and that IS IT.

Roscoe is not a rocket scientist either and last season most of this board wanted him off the team. Another year and good coaching staff later, he turned the corner. Give Leodis some time. He's not bright, but the guy is a great athlete. He makes some mistakes, but he also makes some good plays, both on defense and in the return game.

You're a tool. So Leodis is not the most cerebral player on the Bills roster. Who died and made you the king of everything intellectual? Then you go on to criticize the poster's name? Get a life.

I'm rubber you're glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you.

Get a sense of humor.

Roscoe is not a rocket scientist either and last season most of this board wanted him off the team. Another year and good coaching staff later, he turned the corner. Give Leodis some time. He's not bright, but the guy is a great athlete. He makes some mistakes, but he also makes some good plays, both on defense and in the return game.

The problem is he is repeating the same mistakes, not turning his head in coverage and identifying the ball, and fumbling kickoffs.

His mistakes are having a bigger impact on the game than his good plays.

He is definitely a talented athlete he needs to spend some major time practicing ball security and coverage drills.

He gets another year to show improvement, IMO before any serious cut/trade discussions take place.

k

Wowzer on the post! Deep as a dixie cup!

Now Johnny...that was mean. Go sit in the corner & think about yourself. When you decide you can play well with others, you can come back to your desk.

Here is what you do with McKelvin... you keep him, keep playing him and keep working with him. He will only get better. Get off his back, he has immense talents.

I don't see it. He could develop into a great kick returner, but he seems to be slipping backwards. People have called him a "shutdown corner." This is utter nonsense. He gives up yardage and he isn't a physical player.

Face it, drafting him at #11 was an exercise in stupidity, just what one would expect from Levy/Jauron.

Now Johnny...that was mean. Go sit in the corner & think about yourself. When you decide you can play well with others, you can come back to your desk.

Sorry Mr. Enuf.....never really played well with others. When I recognize an arrogant douche, I tend to call them an arrogant douche. Character flaw I suppose 0:)

Sorry Mr. Enuf.....never really played well with others. When I recognize an arrogant douche, I tend to call them an arrogant douche. Character flaw I suppose 0:)

Does that include calling yourself out when you're being an arrogant douche, or is that just another character flaw? 0:)

McKelvin's problem is he never stops at one problem. He lets everything get inside his head and become a series of problems.

That TD catch by Rice was A-OKAY. Happy to give it up! McKelvin had awesome, stride for stride coverage. Inches from the WR, not just at the end of the route, but from the time he left scrimmage. Leodis sees the ball coming in, gets BOTH his hands on it, and doesn't flinch as Whitner comes jetting into them at the end. Amazing coverage, really, and I'll take it every time. Because 99% of the time, coverage that tight will end well for the defense. But McKelvin seems to let that kind of thing send him into freefall. In this case fumbling away possession on the very next play. It reminds me of how badly T.O. unscrewed his head a few games ago. Owens got that first long catch and then immediately turned on the smack talk. Two plays later, McKelvin is standing alone looking confused as Owens slants inside for the TD. Next drive, #28 draws a penalty that undoes Kelsay's sack on Palmer, and then looks like he's motorboating Owens while Benson's backup peels off a 26 yarder down his lane. By halftime, Leodis is benched.

He needs to forget about stuff. Like Cromartie. Not being able remember his kids' names is just a side effect of good cornerback technique.

Edited by steampunk.

McKelvin's problem is he never stops at one problem. He lets everything get inside his head and become a series of problems.

That TD catch by Rice was A-OKAY. Happy to give it up! McKelvin had awesome, stride for stride coverage. Inches from the WR, not just at the end of the route, but from the time he left scrimmage. Leodis sees the ball coming in, gets BOTH his hands on it, and doesn't flinch as Whitner comes jetting into them at the end. Amazing coverage, really, and I'll take it every time. Because 99% of the time, coverage that tight will end well for the defense. But McKelvin seems to let that kind of thing send him into freefall. In this case fumbling away possession on the very next play. It reminds me of how badly T.O. unscrewed his head a few games ago. Owens got that first long catch and then immediately turned on the smack talk. Two plays later, McKelvin is standing alone looking confused as Owens slants inside for the TD. Next drive, #28 draws a penalty that undoes Kelsay's sack on Palmer, and then looks like he's motorboating Owens while Benson's backup peels off a 26 yarder down his lane. By halftime, Leodis is benched.

He needs to forget about stuff. Like Cromartie. Not being able remember his kids' names is just a side effect of good cornerback technique.

:worthy:

Amen

This is much more likely to be McDrainBramage. Notice no letters were harmed in the making of that post, plus the poster's name is Whodat.

Thanks

I'm rubber you're glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you.

Get a sense of humor.

If you are proclaiming your sense of humor starting with rubber & glue, you probably have trouble getting to first base with pretty much everything that requires a little thought. Your intelligence level probably doesn’t go too far beyond the complexity (simplicity to be exact) of the three stooges. You should be the last person questioning anyone’s cerebral gifts. I suggest you start working on yourself, improve what you can and leave the envy thing alone. It’s a dead give away.

McKelvin has a bright future. He is smart enough to be very successful in this life. What I know about you is what you have demonstrated here on this board. And that has not been impressive. I will leave it at that.

If you are proclaiming your sense of humor starting with rubber & glue, you probably have trouble getting to first base with pretty much everything that requires a little thought. Your intelligence level probably doesn’t go too far beyond the complexity (simplicity to be exact) of the three stooges. You should be the last person questioning anyone’s cerebral gifts. I suggest you start working on yourself, improve what you can and leave the envy thing alone. It’s a dead give away.

McKelvin has a bright future. He is smart enough to be very successful in this life. What I know about you is what you have demonstrated here on this board. And that has not been impressive. I will leave it at that.

Whodat, take it back a couple more posts. I wasn't trying to attack you personally.

does he survive the 2011 off season?

I say yes... only as a corner back. Maybe a Nickel only and that IS IT.

Is that you, Leodis?

No it couldn't be; notice the use of the English language.

+1 :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

I was trying to make a joke, it went sideways,

Sorry if you were personally offended it wasn't meant to attack you in any way (unless you actually are McKelvin :) )

It may have been in bad taste to make fun of McKelvin's poor public speaking ability but making a habit of dropping kickoff returns drives me crazy.

I don't know where the envy and cerebral gifts comments are coming from, but sorry if you were offended, I wasn't going after you.

Go Bills!

Exactly right.

Let's not run this kid out of town just yet. He has far more potential than Donte Whitner and this team gave Whitner 5 years!

Camera caught him laughing it up on the side-lines after his multiple game changing f@ck ups on Sunday. Wonder if thats part of what Chan was refering to when he said he found something out (something I assume that he did not like) about his team. There are lots of fabulous athletes which no rebuilding (and most rebuilt) team should touch with a bargepoll, albeit perhaps all for different reasons - Albert "Fat Boy" Haynesworth, Randy "Headcase" Moss, Terrell "Spaceman" Owens, and maybe, just maybe, Leodis "Monsieur Le Gaf" McKelvin.

Too bad one of his talents isn't holding on to the ball..

Whodat, take it back a couple more posts. I wasn't trying to attack you personally.

I was trying to make a joke, it went sideways,

Sorry if you were personally offended it wasn't meant to attack you in any way (unless you actually are McKelvin :) )

It may have been in bad taste to make fun of McKelvin's poor public speaking ability but making a habit of dropping kickoff returns drives me crazy.

I don't know where the envy and cerebral gifts comments are coming from, but sorry if you were offended, I wasn't going after you.

Go Bills!

Ok. I appreciate your comments. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding as well.

Leodis has shown from a previous incident that his heart is in the right place. He has my respect both on and off the field. We all have different skill sets. We grow and we evolve as life takes away one thing and replenishes with another. Who knows as Joe Biden once had a speaking problem, Leodis 15 years from now, may be the next Joe Theismann. But that’s whole other thread. :)

Edited by whodat

Too bad one of his talents isn't holding on to the ball..

You can train a anyone to hold onto the ball, sometimes it takes a little while. Tiki Barber comes to mind as does Adrian Peterson. They lost the ball often for a couple of years, then coaching fixed it. Same can happen with Leodis. And Tiki and AP carried it all the time, Leodis is not an RB and only carries it a couple times a game. Give him another offseason with Gailey coaching him and we will see a big change. Too much talent to keep on the bench for returns. To my eye, he seems much more explosive than Spiller.

Edited by jumbalaya