Walking Dead

ajzepp

You're about to get some negative comments for that post.

No worries. They haven't really followed the comics all that much. The show is quite different.

SPOILER ALERT:

Comic is totally different from the show from what I have heard. Sophie and her brother survive, Sophies mom is the one that turned and was killed in the "barn full of zombies" scene, and their dad committed suicide AFTER they got to the prison.

Edited by Kevin

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about what happens in the comics...but in terms of happenings... tonight's' episode was pretty happening....wow! AJ should be pleased! :lol:

lol, was watching with a lady friend of mine....she got pretty mad at the way I reacted :lol:

I felt bad about T dog. I liked his character and from the beginning wished he had more air time. Lori good riddance.

I was bummed about Tdog, too....I always liked how he and Daryl kicked ass together.

I hope Michonne gets a bigger role....that's the kind of woman I want to see on a show like this....doesn't take any ****, doesn't whine and whore herself out, and she knows how to kick some ass. I'd roll with her any day.

I really hope the people at Falling Skies pay attention to this show...EVERY single week this season this show offers a really nice balance of drama, character development, and zombie ass kicking. I'm really enjoying this season. They made the mistake of letting them get a bit too comfy on the farm last year, and there were times when it started to drag on. Any fears of that happening again with the prison setting have been put to rest already. And now with the Governor and that side of the show, they have become very efficient with their story telling. They're packing quite a lot into each episode, and I don't feel that anything is being rushed or short-changed because of it. They've really hit their stride this season, IMO.

lol, was watching with a lady friend of mine....she got pretty mad at the way I reacted :lol:

I was bummed about Tdog, too....I always liked how he and Daryl kicked ass together.

I hope Michonne gets a bigger role....that's the kind of woman I want to see on a show like this....doesn't take any ****, doesn't whine and whore herself out, and she knows how to kick some ass.

And now with the Governor and that side of the show, they have become very efficient with their story telling.

She figured out the governor pretty quick. "the bullet holes-are the walkers using weapons?" "Not one man was able to drive out?"

The governor and his compound are a fascinating element. It's like a show in a show.

She figured out the governor pretty quick. "the bullet holes-are the walkers using weapons?" "Not one man was able to drive out?"

The governor and his compound are a fascinating element. It's like a show in a show.

Totally agree. I had lost a little faith when Darabont was kicked out or whatever, but they have rebounded nicely. I love the various elements and how they are interrelated...if they can maintain this level of quality, this will be my favorite season for sure.

I wonder how long it will take for Carol to resurface. I was surprised that they left her fate up in the air like that. I do wish it had been someone else sabotaging the prison though. It seemed a bit odd that he was resourceful enough to do all of that, yet dumb enough to think that he's going to be able to survive everything with just a group of 3 prisoners.

I wonder how long it will take for Carol to resurface. I was surprised that they left her fate up in the air like that. I do wish it had been someone else sabotaging the prison though. It seemed a bit odd that he was resourceful enough to do all of that, yet dumb enough to think that he's going to be able to survive everything with just a group of 3 prisoners.

Uh...oh...I can feel another season of "we have to find Carol...I won't rest until we find Carol"...."We can't risk the whole group for Carol"..."Didn't we learn anything from the season we spent looking for Sophia?"....should be fun!

As for T-Dog...he was a really weak character...poorly written. One of those characters that is just there as a plot device... like the old guy who got killed last season (already forgot his name), you knew he was going to "bite-it" (or should I say "be bit") once his character took a stance against the group, about being decent to the prisoner guys...that was to remind us that he had a personality, and, make us feel sad that he was gone.. pretty gruesome kill, but dramatically pretty thin. Once of the backround characters gets more face time, and more lines, you might as well slap the red shirt on them..they are zombie meat.

Kind of a Spoiler alert for those who recorded the show and haven't watched it yet:

Carl (aka Cooooooorl) is going to be a very messed up kid by the end of this show's run. I see his character taking a rather dark turn now. The Lori thing kind of puzzles me, we all assume she is gone, but I really wonder if this is the last we see of "her."

Aaaaaaand once again, the Andrea character just pisses me off. Giving the map to skinny Rowdy Burns, all but throwing herself at the guv. I texted a friend of mine that (maybe it's just me) but I found it hilarious that when she was talking to Michone, she called him "the governor." I told my friend, I bet she called Bob Cobb "The Maestro" too!

Are we sure it was "Too Short" that was busting the locks? So was he the one outside the prison spying on Carol playing "Operation" on that zombie?

Seems like we have a new T-Dog with the prison inmate. "Meet the new T-Dog, same as the old T-Dog."

And I agree with you Buftex, this "we gotta find Carol" could eat up valuable plot time, but if it does, IMO it will not be fun.

Edited by Bullpen

Kind of a Spoiler alert for those who recorded the show and haven't watched it yet:

Aaaaaaand once again, the Andrea character just pisses me off. Giving the map to skinny Rowdy Burns, all but throwing herself at the guv. I texted a friend of mine that (maybe it's just me) but I found it hilarious that when she was talking to Michone, she called him "the governor." I told my friend, I bet she called Bob Cobb "The Maestro" too!

The Andrea character was, for me, is far more annoying than any of the other female characters...

Uh...oh...I can feel another season of "we have to find Carol...I won't rest until we find Carol"...."We can't risk the whole group for Carol"..."Didn't we learn anything from the season we spent looking for Sophia?"....should be fun!

When Rick and Glenn came back out of that wing of the prison, they were asked about T-Dog and Carol and he said "they didn't make it". They found that scarf she was wearing on her head and assumed she was dead too. So at this moment, she's more along the same lines as Andrea and Merle, assumed dead. My guess is she'll reunite with them pretty quickly in the next episode.

When Rick and Glenn came back out of that wing of the prison, they were asked about T-Dog and Carol and he said "they didn't make it". They found that scarf she was wearing on her head and assumed she was dead too. So at this moment, she's more along the same lines as Andrea and Merle, assumed dead. My guess is she'll reunite with them pretty quickly in the next episode.

Hope you are right! The writers seemed very conscious, in this new season, to give Carol a bit more of an identity, rather than that of the greiving mother...seems like she found her place in the group.

Ok, so here's my thought on what happens next. Maggie and Daryl go out for supplies for the baby which for some reason they haven't even attempted to gather in the past several months. They backtrack to the town near the farm going for the pharmacy they raided previously. They run into Merle, possibly Merle and others. Daryl refuses to follow Merle back to the town so Merle follows Daryl back to the prison. Merle goes back to the Gov, they send out a raiding party mayhem ensues.

That's all I got for know, not sure where the Andrea/ Michonne thing is going though I suspect Michonne end up locked down/confined somewhere soon with the Gov lying to Andrea telling her she left playing on Andrea's abandonment issues and drawing her in further.

I don't want to hear any "Spoiler" crap. I don't know what's happening anymore than anyone else. This show has been VERY different from the comic so even using that as a guide is only marginally helpful.

Seems like we have a new T-Dog with the prison inmate. "Meet the new T-Dog, same as the old T-Dog."

When the inmate handed the gin back to Rick I was thinking he should have said, "Welcome to the group! It just so happens that we have an opening for a large bald black man - your timing is fantastic! Welcome!"