Walking Dead

ajzepp

Jim, I agree, crossbow guy (I think his name is Darryl) is my favorite character too. Glenn is 2nd now but Darryl is no.1 by far.

Farmers daughter/Maggie better stick around a while. She's got some spunk to her. I'm curious to see how blondie reacts to Shanes demise.

glenn is your 2nd????

you have to explain this one.

he is a wimp

he doesnt like hot girls

he is a scary ass

he doesnt like sex

he cries too much

he looks like a dik too (i almost forgot that part)

*spoilers for the most recent episode don't read if you haven't watched*

Well it's pretty obvious at this point that the virus is airborne and they're all infected. Zombie bites just kill you, you turn into a zombie whether you die of that or not b/c I guess the airborne virus is in all their brains already? This must be what the scientist told Rick at the end of S1 (even though Rick seems to not act like he knows that...). So...I wonder what that means for a baby? That will likely be a topic of next season....a baby growing w/ the virus as it grows...

they are all infected???? damn. that makes sense. thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Rick making a point to shoot Tony in the head after he was already dead was a tell that he knew that everyone was infected. I guess he just got distracted by Carl after killing Shane to remember to deliver the true "death blow".

Jeeze, with that and what happened on "Eastbound and Down", it was a tough night for Shanes. :D

I like Buftex's analysis about Shane being "a man alone" when view the businessman zombie. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Now that it seems like most of the main players in this thread have chimed in, let me ask:

Did anyone else get the feeling that Shayne wanted Rick to kill him? The writing on this show is pretty erratic so it is hard to tell what the motivation is of the characters sometimes...but you remember that (awesome) scene a few weeks ago, where Shayne was just staring out the window at the business-man "walker" in the field...was that a euphimism for Shayne realizing that he is no better than a zombie at this point, always on the outside of the group? The proverbial "man standing in the field"? When Shayne talks to Randy (the names on this show kill me) in the barn, he seems to be going through some inner-turmoil. Was it Laurie givning him some "false hope" that they could be together again, or was it the realization of how miserable his existence was in this world? Don't know why he just didn't try to stay hooked up with the blonde lady...as annoying as she is!

Anyway, if you are an original "Star Trek" nerd like I was (as a lad) hard not to draw a parallel between Kirk/Spock/McCoy and Rick/Shayne/Dale. On the old Trek show, it was more obvious, but Spock was supposed to be the logical, rooted one, while McCoy was the emotional, humanist...Kirk was supposed to embody the best of both of them. Shayne, for as unstable as he was, was more often right than wrong, and focused...Dale was always concerned about the group losing their humanity...while Rick tries to balance what is best for the group, and what is best for the individual. Well, Spock and McCoy are now dead!

If spoiler guy was right, and 3 regular characters die before the end of the season, could T-Dog be the third? Would anyone notice? Or will it be Herschel?

if it was hershel jesus........I don't know what the show or farm would do.......Tdog is chilling, I think he really needs to be pushed to make an impact........Daryl needs to set in as co leader with rick now. They need to get off the farm and go exploring.....make a few friends because man they need them right now lol

A few thoughts:

I think Shane wanted to be Rick, he was trying to replace him in Lori and Carl's life, but deep down he knew Rick was stronger than him.

Rick's marriage was shaky before the infection, so he didn't confront Shane until he pushed the his fathering ability. This entire story is about Carl, him growing up in this world, that is why Sophia and Dale died, Rick makes most of his decisions based on how it will effect Carl.

Next week should be awesome

Now that it seems like most of the main players in this thread have chimed in, let me ask:

Did anyone else get the feeling that Shayne wanted Rick to kill him? The writing on this show is pretty erratic so it is hard to tell what the motivation is of the characters sometimes...but you remember that (awesome) scene a few weeks ago, where Shayne was just staring out the window at the business-man "walker" in the field...was that a euphimism for Shayne realizing that he is no better than a zombie at this point, always on the outside of the group? The proverbial "man standing in the field"? When Shayne talks to Randy (the names on this show kill me) in the barn, he seems to be going through some inner-turmoil. Was it Laurie givning him some "false hope" that they could be together again, or was it the realization of how miserable his existence was in this world? Don't know why he just didn't try to stay hooked up with the blonde lady...as annoying as she is!

Anyway, if you are an original "Star Trek" nerd like I was (as a lad) hard not to draw a parallel between Kirk/Spock/McCoy and Rick/Shayne/Dale. On the old Trek show, it was more obvious, but Spock was supposed to be the logical, rooted one, while McCoy was the emotional, humanist...Kirk was supposed to embody the best of both of them. Shayne, for as unstable as he was, was more often right than wrong, and focused...Dale was always concerned about the group losing their humanity...while Rick tries to balance what is best for the group, and what is best for the individual. Well, Spock and McCoy are now dead!

If spoiler guy was right, and 3 regular characters die before the end of the season, could T-Dog be the third? Would anyone notice? Or will it be Herschel?

The chick who plays Maggie said the same thing on that Talking Dead aftershow. She thought Shayne wanted Rick to shoot him and put him out of his misery

Wow...great episode...the last 5 minutes was pretty intense. Seriously, who the hell is the hooded dude (chained to walkers?) with the kitana, and what the hell was the last scene showing in the distance?

Wow...great episode...the last 5 minutes was pretty intense. Seriously, who the hell is the hooded dude (chained to walkers?) with the kitana, and what the hell was the last scene showing in the distance?

you really don't want me to tell you. But I will tell you this. It's not a dude, and this show in one episode has nearly restored my faith that it might actually have a chance to not puss out and become fantastic again.

Looks like the gang might actually do some hard time after all! Lovin this!

Edited by TheMadCap

The prison. It's in the comics. As for the hooded guy, probably something stupid. And I think it was a girl. "He" had a rather feminine figure.

The prison. It's in the comics. As for the hooded guy, probably something stupid. And I think it was a girl. "He" had a rather feminine figure.

So you know about the prison but not about the hooded one? Trust me, that is ANYTHING but stupid. oh my lord, wait until you see what happens next. Giddy with excitement here!

Edited by TheMadCap

I've never read the comics, but I know the basic plot. The prison. The governor.

yes. good, good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If this show includes 1/10 of the darkness of the comics, it will be incredible.

Okay, season two of the "Talking" Dead is in the books...there isn't a single female character on this show I would have been sad to see go...not a bad finale...but only a so-so season. Glad it is over, honeslty...hopefully they add some better writers to the staff...

Edited by Buftex

I was very entertained by last night's episode...I was rooting for the walkers to just lay waste to the entire farm. I thought the direction was solid, and the scene where the mob hears the gunshot and then changes direction toward the farm was intense. Even the details that were present in the scene where they all came up to the fence and just sort of bumped into it...the attention to detail with regard to the zombie expressions and movements was fantastic. It was also the first time when I was impressed with Carl's acting. It's not his fault that his character is annoying, but last night I thought he did well. Loved the creepiness of the last few scenes and can't wait to find out more about the facility off in the distance!

Edited by ajzepp

For all the folks craving more action, the finale was a huge payoff. The shot of the beams collapsing in the burning barn was incredible. It was like the plantation burning scene in "Gone With The Wind". Jimmy & Patricia became lunch while we finally will move everyone to a new setting. This was all about moving the plot along.

Now what we know from the comics:

The hooded character is name Michonne will be played by Danai Gurira. She is loved in the comics as a character that actually knows how to survive in this new world. Heck, she probably has a zombie walking business. The shot at the end is of a prison. This was confirmed on "Talking Dead".

I know a lot of people were starting to lose interest in the show because of it's slow pacing. Hopefully a new setting will allow the writers to flesh out the survivors a bit. Like I've said before, I'm interested in who these people are. The threat they face are mindless flesh-eaters, so you don't really care about that side of the equation. Like in "Jaws", the reason you were so frightened by the shark was because you cared about Chief Brody, Hooper and Quint. Those characters were developed and had some depth. We've had no scar-comparison stories like that in TWD to make us really know these people. The closest we've come is Hershel and his drinking and even that was thin. I'd like them to get on track next season, because this story has so much potential.

For all the folks craving more action, the finale was a huge payoff. The shot of the beams collapsing in the burning barn was incredible. It was like the plantation burning scene in "Gone With The Wind". Jimmy & Patricia became lunch while we finally will move everyone to a new setting. This was all about moving the plot along.

Now what we know from the comics:

The hooded character is name Michonne will be played by Danai Gurira. She is loved in the comics as a character that actually knows how to survive in this new world. Heck, she probably has a zombie walking business. The shot at the end is of a prison. This was confirmed on "Talking Dead".

I know a lot of people were starting to lose interest in the show because of it's slow pacing. Hopefully a new setting will allow the writers to flesh out the survivors a bit. Like I've said before, I'm interested in who these people are. The threat they face are mindless flesh-eaters, so you don't really care about that side of the equation. Like in "Jaws", the reason you were so frightened by the shark was because you cared about Chief Brody, Hooper and Quint. Those characters were developed and had some depth. We've had no scar-comparison stories like that in TWD to make us really know these people. The closest we've come is Hershel and his drinking and even that was thin. I'd like them to get on track next season, because this story has so much potential.

Better writers please...if the show wants to be "deep" (and it appears they really want it to be) they need much better writing. The characaters are all very weak...

Better writers please...if the show wants to be "deep" (and it appears they really want it to be) they need much better writing. The characaters are all very weak...

Exactly. No more scenes where the characters argue over who is going to sleep on the couch and who will get the bedroom...

I agree, this season has been particularly weak. I literally tune out when a character like Lori is talking because I know what she says isn't going to make any sense.

I agree, this season has been particularly weak. I literally tune out when a character like Lori is talking because I know what she says isn't going to make any sense.

She's taken over from Carl for the most annoying character, IMO. Nice to see she supported her husband when he was explaning what went down with Shane... <_<

She's taken over from Carl for the most annoying character, IMO. Nice to see she supported her husband when he was explaning what went down with Shane... dry.gif

I didn't get that at all. A couple episodes back she all but told Rick to take him out to protect their family. Then she cops a tude when he does it.