Jim Harbaugh

Talley56

We keep talking about drafting Luck but I'd rather go after another Stanford guy in Harbaugh if he decides to leave and try for a job in the NFL. I know a lot of people like Gailey and he hasn't even had a full year yet but I ask, what has he done? The improvement in our offense in my opinion is more of a credit to Fitzpatrick than Gailey (remember, our offense looked good last year when Fitz was at QB as well). I've heard people compliment his "half time adjustments" but I'm just not seeing them. And our defense is suffering because we have a head coach who only knows offense. As for Harbaugh, he can keep us consistent on both offense and defense. His brother has done a great job in Baltimore. I am confident he can make a positive transition to the NFL and he can help Fitz with his accuracy issues. I'm sure I will get a lot of disagreements on this and I know Gailey hasn't had much time but I'm telling you, we would not miss much if we dumped Gailey whereas we could be missing out on a potentially great chance with Harbaugh.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and 3-4 other posters had Harbaugh at the top of our hiring wish lists last year.

The rumor is that the Bills contacted him during their search to gauge his interest in coming to Buffalo and he had none.

I also liked Marc Trestman as a candidate. He just won his second consecutive Grey Cup Championship in the CFL. He has a great record as a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. The downside to his resume is that he's been a bit of a gypsy, a la Lou Saban.

But I liked the Gailey hiring and am more than happy to let him continue on as Bills coach.

Unfortunately Harbaugh is a pipe dream...In all senses of that expression. Put it dow…er…let it go.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

We keep talking about drafting Luck but I'd rather go after another Stanford guy in Harbaugh if he decides to leave and try for a job in the NFL. I know a lot of people like Gailey and he hasn't even had a full year yet but I ask, what has he done? The improvement in our offense in my opinion is more of a credit to Fitzpatrick than Gailey (remember, our offense looked good last year when Fitz was at QB as well). I've heard people compliment his "half time adjustments" but I'm just not seeing them. And our defense is suffering because we have a head coach who only knows offense. As for Harbaugh, he can keep us consistent on both offense and defense. His brother has done a great job in Baltimore. I am confident he can make a positive transition to the NFL and he can help Fitz with his accuracy issues. I'm sure I will get a lot of disagreements on this and I know Gailey hasn't had much time but I'm telling you, we would not miss much if we dumped Gailey whereas we could be missing out on a potentially great chance with Harbaugh.

I think you're giving too much credit to Fitzgibbons. It's a mixture of Chan's system and Fitzmagic.

Have you ever watched a Stanford game?

Boooooring.

More dump of passes and screens than a high school game.

It'd be like going back to the DJ era for offense.

I'd like to see what Chan can do in 3 years.

I like how he has this squad playing.

The defense is just starting to congeal. It needs a few more LBs to be any good but the team no longer looks completely clueless.

You can imagine a winning squad with a couple more playmakers on D.

And if there are any adjustments it would be Edwards not Chan.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think you're giving too much credit to Fitzgibbons. It's a mixture of Chan's system and Fitzmagic.

Have you ever watched a Stanford game?

Boooooring.

More dump of passes and screens than a high school game.

It'd be like going back to the DJ era for offense.

I'd like to see what Chan can do in 3 years.

I like how he has this squad playing.

The defense is just starting to congeal. It needs a few more LBs to be any good but the team no longer looks completely clueless.

You can imagine a winning squad with a couple more playmakers on D.

And if there are any adjustments it would be Edwards not Chan.

The needs in FA and the draft are pass rushing DE, LB's, and pass-catching/ideally all-around TE. The DE will probably need to be the 1st round pick.

Myself and 3-4 other posters had Harbaugh at the top of our hiring wish lists last year.

The rumor is that the Bills contacted him during their search to gauge his interest in coming to Buffalo and he had none.

I also liked Marc Trestman as a candidate. He just won his second consecutive Grey Cup Championship in the CFL. He has a great record as a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. The downside to his resume is that he's been a bit of a gypsy, a la Lou Saban.

But I liked the Gailey hiring and am more than happy to let him continue on as Bills coach.

Unfortunately Harbaugh is a pipe dream...In all senses of that expression. Put it dow…er…let it go.

What this franchise needs more than anything else is an infusion of talent. Another thing this tumultuous organization desperately needs is some stability. It appears to me that Nix has established a direction and blueprint. Now it is time to adhere to a plan and implement it. The multiple changes in HCs and front office staffing have been devestating to this organization. This lack of continuity and coherency has only set the franchise back, again and again. That instability is reflected in the team's record over the past decade.

Nix's approach is fairly simple and fundamental. He believes that a successful franchise is primarily built through the draft, the majority of players developed from within and then for the most part kept. He does not (generally) believe in the seduction of star free agent acquisitions to build a winning franchise.

Buddy Nix has worked under Bill Polian and John Butler/A.J. Smith. He has seen how that approach has resulted in sustained success in Buffalo, Indy and San Diego. Now is the time to have confidence in that strategy and let the process move on without interruption.

absolutly ridiculous clueless post.

you dont change coaches and GM's like you change your underwear.

great idea and logic lets learn another offense and defense again and go 3 an 13 next year. really i dont know where you guys come from with this kind of crap.

they are playing their balls off for galiey and scoring like we have not seen since kelly and you want to change everything again brilliant very intelligent.

You are not seeing the halftime adjustments? What was out scoring the Bungles 35-0 in the second half? What was doing to the Steelers in the second half what they did to us in the first half, they were both like two separate games within the game, that is called adjustments...

there is not one coach in the NFL who does not have more knowledge of one side of the a ball than the other. Our offense was horrible with Fitz last year...do you not recall several post in the offseason stating Edwards was better? Fitz never seperted himself from Trent Edwards until Gailey.

The needs in FA and the draft are pass rushing DE, LB's, and pass-catching/ideally all-around TE. The DE will probably need to be the 1st round pick.

If they're not active in free agency, it tells the story. Teams can spend efficiently in UFA, but eschewing it completely is no longer an option for this franchise.

What this franchise needs more than anything else is an infusion of talent. Another thing this tumultuous organization desperately needs is some stability. It appears to me that Nix has established a direction and blueprint. Now it is time to adhere to a plan and implement it. The multiple changes in HCs and front office staffing have been devestating to this organization. This lack of continuity and coherency has only set the franchise back, again and again. That instability is reflected in the team's record over the past decade.

Nix's approach is fairly simple and fundamental. He believes that a successful franchise is primarily built through the draft, the majority of players developed from within and then for the most part kept. He does not (generally) believe in the seduction of star free agent acquisitions to build a winning franchise.

Buddy Nix has worked under Bill Polian and John Butler/A.J. Smith. He has seen how that approach has resulted in sustained success in Buffalo, Indy and San Diego. Now is the time to have confidence in that strategy and let the process move on without interruption.

The Bills have talent JC, as evidenced by their narrow losses this year. Obviously they still need some more pieces (pass rushing DE, LB, TE, RT), but more importantly what they need is to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

I'd hire him as a QB coach and let him work his way up the ranks, but that's about it. Just because he's a successful college HC, it doesn't mean he'll be a successful NFL HC.

I'd even consider offensive coordinator, though I think QB coach makes more sense.

That simply isn't the way it works these days, which is a shame.

The question was asked, "What has Chan done?" The answer is, "In the NFL, one hell of a lot more than Jim has done."

I'd even consider offensive coordinator, though I think QB coach makes more sense.

That simply isn't the way it works these days, which is a shame.

The question was asked, "What has Chan done?" The answer is, "In the NFL, one hell of a lot more than Jim has done."

Yeppers.

The Bills have talent JC, as evidenced by their narrow losses this year. Obviously they still need some more pieces (pass rushing DE, LB, TE, RT), but more importantly what they need is to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Having talent is not the issue. The real issue is how does your talent level compare to the opposition. The Pats and Jets and to a lesser extent Miami are still more advanced than the Bills are at this stage of their multiple year rebuilding process. In the next draft the Pats have multiple picks in the first three rounds. The gap with them will widen.

There are plenty of clones here who believe that the Bills are knocking at the door. What they don't realiize is they still have to travel many miles before they can get at that door to knock on it.

Totally disagree. Gailey's got a track record for improving offenses and particularly QBs. He knows how to make adjustments, as some posters have noted. He got Roscoe involved in the offense. His players play hard for him.

As for Harbaugh, I was at the Notre Dame-Stanford game in September and I will admit to bias since I am a Notre Dame fan, but Harbaugh's a jerk and it was quite evident in that game.

And what has Harbaugh done at the NFL level? ... and would he be getting all this attention without Luck? Really, you're not serious? You just said this to stir the pot, have some fun, right? :devil: