What did you do when Stevie dropped the TD?

UB2SF

I shook my head, said an expletive, acknowledged we r still getting better, hoped it would be a learning experience for SJ and realized our draft position is still very good.

You are a good man Pils. That summarizes what I have been doing for years. Someday we will get there.

That is exactly what happened!! I was in that bar with Bob, and I had taken off toward the other end, high fiving a bunch of people when suddenly it all stopped. I spent the next 10 minutes saying, "it's over, it's over," and the guy across from Bob kept saying he wasn't giving up. But any Bills fan knew when he dropped that ball that the game was over. I also lost my mind when Roethislberger ran for a first down on 3rd and 18. I just left the room and went into the rest room to chill and whiz. I actually knew they were gonna lose when they gave up that first down.

Hey TC.

The guy across from me is s good kid and he has youth on his side. Of course we never give up either, which is why we are at a Sports Bar watching a 2-9 team.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to leave the bar where I watch the game to go to a "celebration of life" party for a friend of mine who died a week or so earlier. It was at another bar that doesn't have the NFL ticket. I figured I'd just watch the ticker and keep track.

Well, I watched the ticker and was excited to see the Bills came back. It was clear the Jagoffs game would end before the Bills game, and I might get to watch the end of the Bills game after all. Indeed that happened, and I saw the Bills tie the game.

What happens in OT? They go away from the game to the post game show. That is total BS, IMO. Anyway, they occasionally cut back to the Bills game, live or shortly after a big play. Now I was a ways down the bar (it was packed for the event) and the TV isn't all that big. But I saw the bomb to Stevie and was certain he caught it. I saw him sitting in the endzone holding the ball.

"Bills win! Bills win!" I screamed, quite inappropriately considering the setting. I was congratulated by a few friends and ordered some shots. It was several minutes later that I noticed the score on the ticker was tied, and the Steelers had the ball. "WTF?" I asked. One guy next to me said, "Oh, he dropped the ball." "I SAW him catch the ball!" I insisted. A few minutes later they showed the replay and I could see the drop.

Despite my disappointment at the time, I soon felt OK. The Bills had, once again, rebounded from a slow start and played competitively against one of the NFL's better teams. They aren't there yet, but they are making progress.

Then I come home and watch the NFL Channel and ESPN, and log in here and read accounts of the game. I see that Stevie dropped a number of passes and took the loss hard...real hard. I'm thinking he had a horrible game. Well, I watched the replay on the NFL Channel and come to find out, Stevie was having a pretty good game, until he caught a bad case of dropsies.

If the Bills were in the middle of the playoff hunt, a game like this would sting more than it does this year. I still want them to win every game. But this year there ARE moral victories (despite what some pinheads have asserted). This was a big one, IMO.

If it can happen it will eventually happen. The odds of Stevie droppng a pass like that again have decreased. Just going by law of averages and learning from mistakes.

Dean, you took the turn in fortune better than I would have at a bar. I hope your friend had a good full life too.

And Bob in STL u seem like an aight guy yourself. I always try and remind myself that we're all on the same side here. Trolls can go kick rocks tho.

You are a good man Pils. That summarizes what I have been doing for years. Someday we will get there.

Hey TC.

The guy across from me is s good kid and he has youth on his side. Of course we never give up either, which is why we are at a Sports Bar watching a 2-9 team.

Oh, that guy is a GREAT guy, and I wish I had his optimism....I might actually have some of it, but I have some sort of a Bills fan reverse double whammy double jinx thing going, thinking if I pretend that the worst is coming that somehow that will affect the game and make them win. It never works.

Well, I watched the ticker and was excited to see the Bills came back. It was clear the Jagoffs game would end before the Bills game, and I might get to watch the end of the Bills game after all. Indeed that happened, and I saw the Bills tie the game.

What happens in OT? They go away from the game to the post game show. That is total BS, IMO.

I was bit by the NFL's stupid 4:15 rule too. At least CBS did a good job of following the game from the studio and showing a lot of the action right after it happened without giving away results before hand.

I was bit by the NFL's stupid 4:15 rule too. At least CBS did a good job of following the game from the studio and showing a lot of the action right after it happened without giving away results before hand.

Ah. Now it makes sense. I really wasn't paying any attention to the time (other than game time, that is).

I cursed his dumba$$ out like any true Bills fan would.

Just for the record I believe I have curse out every Bill since 1968 at one time or another.

I have even curse out my television for showing me Bills games at times.

Edited by VADC Bills

You guys haven't learned, apparently.

I have no reaction to any Bills' play, until at least 15 seconds after the play is over. Most good plays are overturned by penalty or an immediate mistake, mishap, or inexplicable occurrence.

I learned this the hard way after cheering and celebrating when Christie nailed the FG to put us ahead against the Titans in the playoffs. I was in the midst of actually checking what time next week's game against the Colts would be, and glanced over to see the Music City Miracle unfold before my eyes..

This is the ABSOLUTE truth...wow, read my mind! Haha.

High five!

I cursed his dumba$$ out like any true Bills fan would.

Just for the record I believe I have curse out every Bill since 1968 at one time or another.

I have even curse out my television for showing me Bills games at times.

You have never played football at any significant level, have you