Sabres may be for sale- per ESPN

RocBillsfan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd have zero chance of relocation. The NHL would not allow it. If Bettman would only field offers from owners looking to keep the team in Buffalo last time, you'd have to think it would be much the same this time. Also, Buffalo is the NHL's #1 US market. No chance of relocation.

Agreed. Buffalo gets the highest ratings of any US city for random games. Of course, when the Sabres are good...Sabres games can be in the 30's ratings in the WNY market which is sick for hockey. It's a great NHL market and looks fantastic when compared to other US cities like NJ, Atlanta, all Florida, Nashville, Carolina, Phoenix, etc, etc, etc...

You'd have zero chance of relocation. The NHL would not allow it. If Bettman would only field offers from owners looking to keep the team in Buffalo last time, you'd have to think it would be much the same this time. Also, Buffalo is the NHL's #1 US market. No chance of relocation.

Where are you getting this 'Buffalo is the NHL's #1 US market' stuff from?

According to whom?

Really? Buffalo is the number 1 US market in the NHL? Buffalo is a great market but #1?

Can you post some proof of that? Detroit looks pretty dam solid, so do the tHe Black Hawks, and the Rangers.

Please add some facts.

Really? Buffalo is the number 1 US market in the NHL? Buffalo is a great market but #1?

Can you post some proof of that? Detroit looks pretty dam solid, so do the tHe Black Hawks, and the Rangers.

Please add some facts.

Just google "Buffalo NHL Ratings" and you'll see lots of articles about it.

PTR

we would have a team that would make more money and spend closer to the cap than the bills do now.

And Lucky Larry Quinn would be GM.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

According the GR, the new owner is a "hockey fan", and married a girl from WNY. Grew up a Flyers fan, but became a Sabres fan later, when he moved here.

This is actually pretty exciting.

This guy donated 80 million dollars to Penn State, to build up their hockey program...I am really liking this!

Edited by Buftex

I wish Galisano would sell them. I'm sick of his crap, and Larry Quinn and The Front Office. Let's clean house and build a winning Franchise. We got a face in Ryan Miller. Now go out and get the big guns this team needs to compete for a championship on yearly basis. Galisano hasn't done nothing to make the team better. As a matter of fact I think they've gotten worse over the years...

According the GR, the new owner is a "hockey fan", and married a girl from WNY. Grew up a Flyers fan, but became a Sabres fan later, when he moved here.

This is actually pretty exciting.

This guy donated 80 million dollars to Penn State, to build up their hockey program...I am really liking this!

As long as he's gonna pump money into the team and is committed to bring us a Stanley cup I'm all about it. Sick of the status quo and you should be lucky to have a team garbage spewed at us fans on a year in year out basis. Enough is Enough. Either Compete with the big boys or move it outta here!!!!

I wish Galisano would sell them. I'm sick of his crap, and Larry Quinn and The Front Office. Let's clean house and build a winning Franchise. We got a face in Ryan Miller. Now go out and get the big guns this team needs to compete for a championship on yearly basis. Galisano hasn't done nothing to make the team better. As a matter of fact I think they've gotten worse over the years...

As long as he's gonna pump money into the team and is committed to bring us a Stanley cup I'm all about it. Sick of the status quo and you should be lucky to have a team garbage spewed at us fans on a year in year out basis. Enough is Enough. Either Compete with the big boys or move it outta here!!!!

If what GR is saying, it all sounds positive. This guy is loaded, richer Galisano, and is a long time hockey fan...even coached youth hockey at one point. Galisano did us a favor, and stablized the franchise, but he was never a hockey fan...the worst case scenario is he (Pegula, the prospective new owner) turns out to be the NHL equivalent of Dan Snyder...but it sounds like his roots are very working class...

Edited by Buftex

Status quo is not good for us fans

That was quick. It went from unsubstantiated rumor to signed letter of intent in only a couple of days.

...and it's retracted almost immediately.

The Sabres have further clarified that statement to me, indicating no letter has been signed at any price and not just at the figure quoted by The Hockey News earlier today. We'll have to see where this goes. A story changing by the hour.

---MIke Harrington

(www.twitter.com/bnharrington)

PTR