Steve Johnson Complaint/Snarky response thread

Since 1972

I think he was talking about the 7 dropped passes. Of which maybe 3 of them were actually contested by the defense. That isn't getting beaten by the defense, that's just dropping passes.

He makes a good point. Stevie was the focus of a lot of attention this week. He even got a bunch of time on that show with TO and Ocho that all the players watch. He either is not that good or he got the yips and choked. I say the latter.

What is really important is shaking this issue with the drops. His drop in that NE game was a killer and changed the momentum of that contest. Now this. He is talented, but drops will be an issue until he stops butter fingering the football.

agreed

"The Drop" will always be Ronnie Harmon.

agreed

Am I the only one who hates twitter?.. a lot. The only thing I want from SJ is for him to catch that pass next time.

agreed on both

Actually, I feel more optimistic about this 2-9 team than I did about the last one. Stevie J has been an important part of this team's offensive turnaround, and I just hope that jackasses such as yourself don't end up driving him away from this city.

agreed an all

Go Bills!

That was easy... :beer:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did have two sure-fire picks dropped, as well. I'm not saying we definitely need a new QB, I'm just sayin'.

And if Johnson has 3 less drops, fitz throws for 350 yards.

One of those "sure" drops was at a guys ankles so it was not sure. And the INT was 100% on Johnson.

Ya, I guess I can come in here and say "I told ya so" but, "I told ya so".

There were some who were saying Stevie J this and that and the other. Some were saying he was an elite receiver.

Others were saying he was a pro bowl player.

He is what he is, a receiver thats a work in progress. He's decent, he has shown he can perform, but he's not elite, not even close.

Elite receivers make the clutch catches in OT.

He'll improve with time, but he is hardly a pro bowl wide receiver.

Lets finally lay this to rest and move along to the next game.

Each & every one of us have had bad days , luckily we don't have a fan base as tough as this one on our backs because if we did a lot of us would probably commit harry carry !!!

I have always told young people that you are going to make mistakes and there is no way around it none of us are perfect !! But with that i have always said that ---

It's O.K. to make mistakes as long as you learn from them - if you learn something it wasn't a waist of time - but if you continue to make the same mistake over & over again your like a dog chasing it's own tale - your just waisting your time !!

Hopefully this will be a learning experience & the team will get it out of there system this year this year and next year with the draft and all that the new staff is doing will be a much better year .. 0:)

GO BILLS !!!

He'll improve with time, but he is hardly a pro bowl wide receiver.

Lets finally lay this to rest and move along to the next game.

umm NO!

He had a terrible game, but even in this terrible game, he was able to abuse the Steelers defense by consistently getting open. If he hadn't of had the case of the dropsies this game he would of had an eye popping amount of catches. He has played at a probowl level ever since week 3, and his ability to just about always get open should be an encouraging sign for Bills football moving forward.

Just curious, those of you insisting that Stevie will "learn from this," were you saying the same thing about McKelvin after the New England game last year? 'Cause he hasn't learned squat.

There's no room for fumblers on the team. I hate fumblers. I hate AP for fumbling away the NFC Championship game last year. Fumbles are evil. It's also very difficult to say "fumble" ten times fast.

Edited by ajzepp

Just curious, those of you insisting that Stevie will "learn from this," were you saying the same thing about McKelvin after the New England game last year? 'Cause he hasn't learned squat.

Sometimes bad hands is just bad hands.

It's not like every receiver is good at all aspects of receiving. Ever notice how some receivers make leaping, diving acrobatic catches but Bills players like Eric Moulds or Lee Evans played hundreds of games but never made one of those horizontal diving grabs?

That's just the way it is. Earlier in the season much was made of Johnson's dropping passes in practice and he had a key drop(short arm) in the NE game. Until he proves otherwise that's the hole in his game.

I'm fairly certain that this entire thread is about more self-gratification then anything else.

Look, receivers have bad days. QBs have bad days. Defenses have bad days. Things happen, the guy was unfocussed for one reason or another and it cost the game, ok I understand the gripe on that.

What I can't condone is to crucify a guy who after his FIRST year really starting, is dominating the rest of the team on numbers. The guy has played 10 damn near drop-less games. He has 9 TDs. He had 3 TDs last week alone.

He dropped a number today...It never ever surprises me how quickly people will turn on someone. Last week, the guy did his "Why so serious" stunt, caught 3 TD passes and people are singing his praises. The week before he had another 100+ yard game with at least a TD. These numbers are pretty consistant for the last 5 games. Today he drops a few passes, yes yes game-losing blah blah, and the guy is the anti-christ.

I can understand peoples feelings on losing a game. I can understand their feelings towards a person for costing them one. But the level of condemnation these boards has shown towards this kid, ESPECIALLY with the level of remorse he obviously has, just goes to show how judgementally brutal people are.

Stevie - shake it off, catch a TD or two next week, and the masses will be singing your praises once more.

Stevie Johnson was terrible today. He personally lost the game by dropping a perfect pass

that would have ended the game in OT. He also had 4 other drops, including one that went

through his hands that Polamalu intercepted to end a Bills scoring threat.

We might have witnessed the end of the miraculous run that Stevie had from nobody to

somebody. I wonder if he has the mental toughness to recover from this disasterous

game.

Yes, nobody has ever had a terrible game and ever come back. Oh, wait, practically every good player has at least one terrible game and comes back. But you're right: now we get to see how he handles this. Although he's clearly a uniquely sensitive individual, he had the same dropsies problem in the pre-season and look how he came back...I think he'll be fine. I'm looking forward to a big game next week.

And if Johnson has 3 less drops, fitz throws for 350 yards.

One of those "sure" drops was at a guys ankles so it was not sure. And the INT was 100% on Johnson.

:thumbsup: Before Fitz, we had a reputed below average receiving core.