"Vince Newton"

Cam Newton reminds me of Vince Young but less Athletic and doesn't impress me at all, so all you Cam fans need to get a reality check and focus on the Bills real needs which front 7, not some overhyped heisman canidate because they can't find anyone else.

I am not over enthused by the very good college player either. I see no place for him on the Bills. We must stop the run, I cannot stand to be run on. Therefore, I vote we draft the best run stopper on the board 1st, and the next six best run stoppers with the next six picks.

He will have to get suspended by the NCAA to enter this draft. Either way I think him and Pryor could make mean WR. 6-6, 250, can run very well, and he (along with pryor in Pryors Frosh year boal game) did have a very athletic and touch TD catch. Imagine running a quick screen to him 1 v 1 on a corner like Revis or Cromarti. Fade routes too.

He will have to get suspended by the NCAA to enter this draft. Either way I think him and Pryor could make mean WR. 6-6, 250, can run very well, and he (along with pryor in Pryors Frosh year boal game) did have a very athletic and touch TD catch. Imagine running a quick screen to him 1 v 1 on a corner like Revis or Cromarti. Fade routes too.

Interesting...I wouldn't have thought of guys like Newton & Pryor playing a straight WR position. I could see them more in a wildcat formation like what Brad Smith does, but they'd be more of a gimmick than a full-time QB or WR. For the Bills right now, it's a waste of a roster spot when they need to upgrade the defense.

Cam Newton reminds me of Vince Young but less Athletic and doesn't impress me at all, so all you Cam fans need to get a reality check and focus on the Bills real needs which front 7, not some overhyped heisman canidate because they can't find anyone else.

AGREE !!! :thumbsup:

Why would he have to be suspended by the NCAA to be eligible for the upcoming draft? He's a junior, three years removed from his high school graduating class. He should be eligible -- having said that -- i would not draft him.

Anyone saying the Bills take Cam Newton in the 1st is crazy. However if Newton is there in the second, it wouldn't be a horrible pick. You can still get Vontay Moch in the 3rd and build the LBs further in the 4th.

Cam is a much better passer than people are giving him credit for, he only had 35 yards rushing in last game.

Having Chan and team straighten out his footwork for a year, could give you a Big Armed, mobile QB that is hard to tackle for years to come.

The Bills are in a perfect position to take Newton in the second round. If you take him in the second you don't have to play him in 2011 and with a year of coaching he would be the best QB prospect in 2012 if Luck comes out in 2011, you basically get to mold him a year early.

Barbarian needs to watch some game film if he is not impressed.

Why would he have to be suspended by the NCAA to be eligible for the upcoming draft? He's a junior, three years removed from his high school graduating class. He should be eligible -- having said that -- i would not draft him.

He doesn't I don't what that is about.

Newton is declaring with 99.999% accuracy.

"Vince Newton" interesting comparison.

Both played college ball like men vs. boys.

Then again, Newton is -what- 30 years old? -with yet another year of eligibility..

JK-sort of

I hope the Bills draft Defense through at least the first 5 rounds.

Care to elaborate on the similarities between Newton and Young or is skin color pretty much it?

Cam Newton throws passes like an NFL quarterback does and must. Vince Young does not. That makes an enormous difference in the two. I think Newton would need at least a year or two to sit and learn the NFL game. But even if you took the running out of it, he would be a very good NFL developmental prospect. Luck is the only surefire QB out there. I would have no problem drafting Newton in the second round and letting him sit behind Fitz for a couple few years a la Aaron Rodgers.

6'5"

240 lbs.

Heisman Candidate

Dual threat QB

>1000 yds rushing/10 TD's

NC contender

Who else shoud Newton be compared to?

6'5" -----Cam is 6'6", Vince 6'41/2"

240 lbs. -----Cam is 250, Vince 233

Heisman Candidate -----Vince finished #2(Bush), Cam should win.

Dual threat QB -----Cam(12 games. 2254yards passing 24TD 6INT, 1336 yards rushing 18TD, 2 Rec 42 yards 1 TD)

>1000 yds rushing/10 TD's-Vince 05'(13-0. 3036 yards passing 26TD 10INT, 1050 yards rushing 12 TD, 1 Rec 48 yards in 04')

NC contender -----Vince is a winner, BCS NC in 05', 30-2 as Texas starter. 30-17 in the NFL. AP ROY 06'

-----Cam 12-0 2010. 2009 NJCAA National Football Champion. BSC #2rank

Who else shoud Newton be compared to? ----Nobody

Anyone saying the Bills take Cam Newton in the 1st is crazy. However if Newton is there in the second, it wouldn't be a horrible pick. You can still get Vontay Moch in the 3rd and build the LBs further in the 4th.

Cam is a much better passer than people are giving him credit for, he only had 35 yards rushing in last game.

Having Chan and team straighten out his footwork for a year, could give you a Big Armed, mobile QB that is hard to tackle for years to come.

The Bills are in a perfect position to take Newton in the second round. If you take him in the second you don't have to play him in 2011 and with a year of coaching he would be the best QB prospect in 2012 if Luck comes out in 2011, you basically get to mold him a year early.

Barbarian needs to watch some game film if he is not impressed.

He doesn't I don't what that is about.

Newton is declaring with 99.999% accuracy.

I watched too much of him already, which is why I said what I said, he is not worth a second or any other pick when we need the big men.

Interesting...I wouldn't have thought of guys like Newton & Pryor playing a straight WR position. I could see them more in a wildcat formation like what Brad Smith does, but they'd be more of a gimmick than a full-time QB or WR. For the Bills right now, it's a waste of a roster spot when they need to upgrade the defense.

Brad smith plays WR for the Jets. He was used more before they added Braylon Edwards and Homles. No reason not to use Cam in the WIldcat too. I just think thats where Newton will have the most success.

He is highly unlikly to decalare - I didnt mean it to sound like he wasnt eligible. He is a Jr that needs to stay in school to improve his skills and I think he knows that. If he is suspended that will force his hand.

Brad smith plays WR for the Jets. He was used more before they added Braylon Edwards and Homles. No reason not to use Cam in the WIldcat too. I just think thats where Newton will have the most success.

He is highly unlikly to decalare - I didnt mean it to sound like he wasnt eligible. He is a Jr that needs to stay in school to improve his skills and I think he knows that. If he is suspended that will force his hand.

If they go undefeated, and he wins the Heisman, and this is the last year before a rookie salary cap, there is a lot of incentive for him to declare.I think he is a much better long term NFL QB prospect than Tebow or Vince Young. That's not saying he is a surefire pick, only that he doesn't have the limitations.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

There is too much smoke, he is going to leave before a fire breaks out, he'll declare. The consensus is he is more likely than Mallet to declare and they both have a year of eligibility left.

Cam Newton throws passes like an NFL quarterback does and must. Vince Young does not. That makes an enormous difference in the two. I think Newton would need at least a year or two to sit and learn the NFL game. But even if you took the running out of it, he would be a very good NFL developmental prospect. Luck is the only surefire QB out there. I would have no problem drafting Newton in the second round and letting him sit behind Fitz for a couple few years a la Aaron Rodgers.

What in THE HELL are you basing that crap " LUCK IS THE MOST NFL READY " LUCK need to sit three years just to get used to the NFL speed based on lack of NFL talent he has played against. Most of you people are a joke. You have Cam who plays against the best players in the country , conference ,is undefeated against the best players , can carry his team from behind against National Champion teams on their field and YOU TRY TO SAY HE ISNT WHAT.....NFL READY ? Luckily for me I am a football geek that happened to look at all games/tapes of Mallet,Locker ,Ponder ,Luck , and Newton. Luck,Ponder,Locker plays against garbage every week and on every test they have failed .Mallet at least plays against decent competition. THE ONLY NFL READY QB'S ARE CAM & LUCK .Dont let the color of his skin blind you to the facts..... 1) There is no sure fire QB pick 2)based on the competition played only one player has proved that he can carry a program against future NFL players on his back and win. I am sorry but when was the last time you heard about AUBURN WINNING other than when BO Jackson was there 20-25 yrs ago. So sorry my racially challenged readers your inability to look at facts as usual made your points useless. I understand the demographic here so I understand your reluctance. Oh you know who you are... You are the demographic that forgot that Rocky 1,2,3 & Hoosier was just a movie , make excuses for a rapist (Rothlesbeger),cater to a fallen idol(Farve) we make lots of excuses for people that look like us. The more talented players like Vick or Cam Newton we look for any reason...........and this Board has come up with some dumb ones..... We try to come up with anything to discredit the football facts. The reason I know is because I did it the past three years . I am sorry but the 50's, 60's, & 70's will never come back. The leaders that we so enjoyed looking at back then will never again look the same , so we have to get used to it. I now have no problem having Vick lead this team next year while Cam or Luck sit for a couple years because both will be gone in the first 5 picks. For the fitz lovers , I need a QB that throws to the correct people. I can't have a QB throw two picks every week putting us in the hole.