Lee Evans to Vanilla for me !

It is always someone else's fault and never lee's. Freakin amazing how much man love there is for a sub par performer. It was a bad play by Lee as more so than a bad throw by FItz IMO.

If we were talking about a play where the ball hit him right in the hands, or chest, and he dropped it then Id be more willing to agree that it was Lee's fault. Or if he was taking plays off a la Randy Moss.

If you know anything about that type of route and play, you would know that the ball MUST be thrown to the OUTSIDE. Anything inside will most likely result in a pick. And that is exactly what happened.

Not sure how "playing with more passion" would have prevented the pick, considering the DB was already jumping the route as Lee was making his cut. Theres only so much a guy can do in .1 second.

To your point that "it's never Lee's fault", the equal amount of love for Fitz has people in the same mindset. Couldnt have been just a bad throw. It must be because Lee doesnt play hard. Ok. :rolleyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you didnt get the message that Fitz is the current board hero (see formerly: Fred Jackson) and can do no wrong. Therefore it MUST have been ENTIRELY Lee Evans's fault. Who, coincidentally, is now the current board goat because we have another good WR in Stevie Johnson, and Bills fans can only stand one good player at any position.

Get on board to run Lee out of town, while there are still seats left on the bus!

Ha. It's so true. It's amazing that we have two real good players at one position and the first thing many fans think is which one to cut.

Listen, I like Lee Evans, he's a classy guy that has tons of integrity. He also has great hands and definitely can stretch the field, which is something that you can't teach. The simple point that I was making is that it appears that we have a good crop of WR's in Johnson, Nelson, Jones and Easley (who I believe was having the best camp out of the rookies before he got hurt), and that it would make sense to consider trade opportunities for a player that hasn't lived up to his huge contract.

I believe we can say that right, that he hasn't lived up to his contract? He isn't the most fluid WR, he doesn't have a knack for creating separation between him and the DB (unless it is a fly pattern), he sometimes doesn't fight for the ball and even though he does take the pressure off of Stevie, he's still a very expensive decoy.

In my view, it is logical to try to shore up other positions on this team with more draft picks, specially considering that we appear to be deep in this position and that we lack a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Also, the Bills brass would have millions more to work with for picking up a FA. Now, would they do that? Probably not, but they should.

THink about it this way.

If we saved $9Mill a year and gained a second round pick, couldn't we pick up a solid RT or LB with that money?

WOuld you rather have a second rounder and a solid RT or LB or Lee Evans? I don't know about you guys, but to me it's a no-brainer.

Edited by Magox

Silly you for thinking.

Anyways, for the people capable of cognisant thought, and as Dr Dankenstein (?) pointed out earlier, the throw for an out has to be towards the sideline and thrown with velocity. it turns out joseph was actually sitting on that route additionally which made that a piece of cake interception.

all throughout the first half i was thinking "theyre squatting on the short passes. why aren't we going deep?"

You all are crazy to blame that interception on Lee Evans. Was I the only one who was actually watching the game?? Fitz stared the route down and TOTALLY telegraphed the pass. Never should have thrown the ball. Lee Evans never had a chance to break up the play, as the DB read fitz's eyes and jumped the route. Are you all serious!?

+1

Apparently you didnt get the message that Fitz is the current board hero (see formerly: Fred Jackson) and can do no wrong. Therefore it MUST have been ENTIRELY Lee Evans's fault. Who, coincidentally, is now the current board goat because we have another good WR in Stevie Johnson, and Bills fans can only stand one good player at any position.

Get on board to run Lee out of town, while there are still seats left on the bus!

:worthy:

So true. If one player is doing well, we need to bash someone else. People are kidding themselves if they don't think Evans is a huge reason for Johnson's success. Props to Steve for stepping up, but he is getting one on one coverage because Evans is a homerun threat with single coverage. It's the Moss on Welker effect.

It's just sad that for long we look for a compliment to Evans and we finally find one and people want to replace Evans. The fact that Evans is a class guy and not getting pissed about his #s for the benefit of the team is even more reason to love the guy.

Listen fellas! Honestly, lee is not a #1 reciever! I stated this in a different post! If you never watched the Bills play, you would think SJ is the #1 reciever! Lee is a good deep threat and that is it! People mention coverage......tell that to Steve Smith! Who is a true #1 reciever and will go get the ball anywhere!

The int isn't lee's fault! But he is simply one dimensional! He does have that speed and good hands, but where the heck is during the games! We should package him with reggie corner in the offseason and try to get some picks!

David Nelson and Donald Jones will step up in time! We also have to see what we have in Easely! Just my thoughts fellas!

Listen, I like Lee Evans, he's a classy guy that has tons of integrity. He also has great hands and definitely can stretch the field, which is something that you can't teach. The simple point that I was making is that it appears that we have a good crop of WR's in Johnson, Nelson, Jones and Easley (who I believe was having the best camp out of the rookies before he got hurt), and that it would make sense to consider trade opportunities for a player that hasn't lived up to his huge contract.

I believe we can say that right, that he hasn't lived up to his contract? He isn't the most fluid WR, he doesn't have a knack for creating separation between him and the DB (unless it is a fly pattern), he sometimes doesn't fight for the ball and even though he does take the pressure off of Stevie, he's still a very expensive decoy.

In my view, it is logical to try to shore up other positions on this team with more draft picks, specially considering that we appear to be deep in this position and that we lack a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Also, the Bills brass would have millions more to work with for picking up a FA. Now, would they do that? Probably not, but they should.

THink about it this way.

If we saved $9Mill a year and gained a second round pick, couldn't we pick up a solid RT or LB with that money?

WOuld you rather have a second rounder and a solid RT or LB or Lee Evans? I don't know about you guys, but to me it's a no-brainer.

+1,000,000

Listen fellas! Honestly, lee is not a #1 reciever! I stated this in a different post! If you never watched the Bills play, you would think SJ is the #1 reciever! Lee is a good deep threat and that is it! People mention coverage......tell that to Steve Smith! Who is a true #1 reciever and will go get the ball anywhere!

The int isn't lee's fault! But he is simply one dimensional! He does have that speed and good hands, but where the heck is during the games! We should package him with reggie corner in the offseason and try to get some picks!

David Nelson and Donald Jones will step up in time! We also have to see what we have in Easely! Just my thoughts fellas!

+1,000,000

You do realize that Smith has worse #s than Evans right now? And David Gettis has almost as many yards and more tds than Smith. Does that mean Gettis is a better receiver than Smith? Hell no. But it does mean that teams are trying to take away Smith and if you don't have a QB to get you the ball, it doesn't make how good you are.

As a Bills fan, we should hope that teams start paying more attention to Johnson. It will only help out Evans for some homerun throws.

It is always someone else's fault and never lee's. Freakin amazing how much man love there is for a sub par performer. It was a bad play by Lee as more so than a bad throw by FItz IMO.

yes! right , exactly, now you get it. It really is someone elses fault not Lees, because lee doesnt throw the ball or block for the qb, or read the defense. He runs a route and waits to see if they throw it to him then he leaps,excels,catches and does it a lot better than most. How do you not get it/???

You do realize that Smith has worse #s than Evans right now? And David Gettis has almost as many yards and more tds than Smith. Does that mean Gettis is a better receiver than Smith? Hell no. But it does mean that teams are trying to take away Smith and if you don't have a QB to get you the ball, it doesn't make how good you are.

As a Bills fan, we should hope that teams start paying more attention to Johnson. It will only help out Evans for some homerun throws.

Hey, that's a good point too! But if that happens, I hope he is as productive as SJ!

Ha. It's so true. It's amazing that we have two real good players at one position and the first thing many fans think is which one to cut.

Imagine if we had three!

We'd probably run one out of town for not being good enough then complain we didn't get enough back.

Stevie J is getting in his face every week !! The reason why he is not making much noise is because some one is showing Bills nation what a true #1 does week after week which is what Evans has never done !!

Steve Smith did it every week for Carolina !!!! As Evans should have but hasn't !!!!

Sure i Love vanilla but I have thought it's time to dump the contract Evans was given unless he starts to show that his anointing is worthy of that contract . Let's get a draft pick for him or at least give him his true status #2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Open your eyes Bills fans !!

Bills fans and more likely Evans fans have been so use to seeing a true #2 playing as a #1 for so long that they still think he is #1 . But that all part of the culture change in Buffalo .

Hell some Bills fans still think Rob (num nuts) Johnson was a good QB ?????????? GO FIGURE that one ?? :wallbash: