We need to keep playing Carrington and Im not understanding

He didnt do anything that would show up in a stat sheet today......but most 3-4 DE's dont

Anybody who TIVO'd go back and look at how the Offensive line was getting no push on his side.....they were running the other way....and he was running things down on the opposite side a bit.

Can we gauge Carrington's impact on the defense--as a whole?

He is stout against the run....period. A real physical speciman. He needs the reps.

you havent been seeing him becaus ehe is a raw 3rd round draft pick, who has been learning the defense and has just been entering the second half of his rookie season. Look around the league most draft picks taken in this area see mostly spot duty or special team action at the most. Our coaching staff must want him to show something on practice before they send him to the wolves.

I actually noticed him on a couple of plays. Was really happy to see him active.

When I saw him enter the game I was surprised as he has been inactive so much, but with Spencer Johnson nicked up last week, it was his turn.

Against the run he looked solid and I focused on him a few time and he held his own and made a couple good plays jamming up the Bengal run game. He does appear to have good size and he's no fat guy either....

Hopefully he will get mor reps and continue to develop. We need a young, big, tough DE. Stroud had his moments today yet it's approaching time for him to step down from the starting lineup. Edwards on the other side made some plays but was frequently invisible today.

Today was the first game I've been to in years, and very happy with the outcome today (obviously). I over heard a Bengal fan next to me say out loud, "we can't lose to these guys, they're the worst in the league". I couldn't resist. I responded, "Buffalo has now beaten the Bengals for the 10th consecutive time, and don't seel the Bengals short. They're right up there with the worst in the league".

A heard a big sigh, and then, "you're right".

you havent been seeing him becaus ehe is a raw 3rd round draft pick, who has been learning the defense and has just been entering the second half of his rookie season. Look around the league most draft picks taken in this area see mostly spot duty or special team action at the most. Our coaching staff must want him to show something on practice before they send him to the wolves.

Honestly, I'm not buying that. He's a 3-4 end. His job is to just eat up blockers and play stout; I don't understand how there could possible be a learning curve for that.

He looks talented, played well out there (from what I could tell), and probably should have been playing for the last 8 weeks.

If I had to guess, it's just a numbers game. The Bills are only going to dress a certain number of d-linemen, and Carrington's been the odd guy out.