One Win Is Enough

Bills99999

I am glad we got a win. I would like to win the next 7, but if comes down to the nitty gritty I really don't care. I got a case of beer on the Cleveland game so I definitely want to win that one and it would be nice to beat the Patriots. I sure would like to get the first overall pick, but I would rather win games.

Too bad we couldn't win the rest of our games and still get the #1 pick.

We can't risk our #1 draft pick hopes

Maybe this time we won't waste in on the next Maybin

So we know there are a couple of former players who occasionally look at TSW - if there truly are any current players that 'come to The Wall', what do you suppose they think when they see such stupidity about wanting to lose the rest of the season?

Wow. Hell of a first post

Can't really tell if he' serious, sarcastic, making a poor attempt at humor, a troll, or just an idiotic current member using a different name to stir up some sh-- (that's my suspicion), but he's the first person to make my ignore list on the basis of one post!

So we know there are a couple of former players who occasionally look at TSW - if there truly are any current players that 'come to The Wall', what do you suppose they think when they see such stupidity about wanting to lose the rest of the season?

Can't really tell if he' serious, sarcastic, making a poor attempt at humor, a troll, or just an idiotic current member using a different name to stir up some sh-- (that's my suspicion), but he's the first person to make my ignore list on the basis of one post!

Quite frankly, I saw more intellectual merit in his one post than I've seen in the most recent hundred posts I've read from you. The Bills need more talent. The draft is the main source of new talent. Early picks are worth considerably more than later picks. Adding an elite player with a top-3 pick would be a lot better for the long-term future of this team than would a Jauron-like 7-9 season.

I'd like to see our team really turn things around and win out because draft picks are not sure fire stars, revisit the Bills drafts of years past. I would most certainly like like 3 more W's coming against the Pats*, Jets, and Dolphins.

I really believe we can win a few more games, look pretty solid down the stretch, and still get the #2 pick. San Fran, Dallas, Detroit will get some more wins in my opinion (in fact Dallas plays Detroit this weekend). I'm thinking Carolina gets the first pick even if we just throw the rest of the season (and if we are thinking QB I really believe that Carolina will be looking for an O-line). Looking at the rest of their schedule, I see them only winning one, maybe two more games against the likes of Arizona/Seattle:

vs Baltimore

@ Cleveland

@ Seattle

vs Atlanta

vs Arizona

@ Pittsburgh

@ Atlanta

Edited by Talley56

Quite frankly, I saw more intellectual merit in his one post than I've seen in the most recent hundred posts I've read from you. The Bills need more talent. The draft is the main source of new talent. Early picks are worth considerably more than later picks. Adding an elite player with a top-3 pick would be a lot better for the long-term future of this team than would a Jauron-like 7-9 season.

damn that's cold!

19-0

18-1

17-2

16-3

15-4

14-5

1-15 lol!!!!!

We can't risk our #1 draft pick hopes

Maybe this time we won't waste in on the next Maybin

let me see if this is correct???

or correct me if im wrong.

lets lose the next 7 games which would be hard to bear....painfull...etc etc.

so we can then draft luck or the other guy and have another crappy 3 years. NO!!!

i wont ignore you. but man lets kick @@@@ the next 7 games!!!!

We don't NEED to draft earlier to get new talent, we NEED people who can properly evaluate who has talent and who doesn't.

I hate losing, however I've already relegated us to probably losing another 5-6 games this year. If we do better or worse doesn't matter at this point. I hope wherever we do wind up drafting, we can find the talent this team needs (and it needs a LOT of it!). Realistically... I want the coaching staff to find its way, and I want a few young guys to get PT to see what they can bring to the table (not just preseason, or practices). Real game experience is the only thing that can truly measure their ability. I would never TRY to lose, but I have no problems with this team looking ahead to next year and playing some other guys during a few series in a game to get true "game film" on them.

I am pleasantly surprised at the teams play as of late... they still drive me nuts on D, but they all do put out a good effort. Lets get some additional talent in the draft (1 guy will NOT make or break this team). Yes a stud QB would be nice, but a few stud DL's or LB's would be even better for this team. No need to reshuffle the deck... play the hand dealt, it's a process, let's stick to it (but PLEASE get a few more cards for the next hand, lol) ;)

McD B-)

Strategically losing to get the #1 is only plausable if a GM has identified a player that they believe is of a franchise changing nature, a 1 out of every 10 or 20 year player.

Certainly the only player in the 2010 draft that could be possibly considered that special may be Andrew Luck and there is not any guarantee he will be there. So you lose out in 2010, Luck doesn't declare and you draft Failey. Not really a sound long term strategy

A strategy of strategically losing to get a higher draft position creates a franchise that continually loses. When do you decide to start strategically winning?

It's the most prudent course to always strategically win.

Canton is filled with players that were drafted from #5-#14 too.