Carrington to suit up

Got_Wood

If he lights it up out there, I'm going to question George Edwards talent evaluation abilities more than I already do. I just have a feeling this kid is going to crack some heads out there.

And this is based on...?

Love that comment: "Merriman is a distraction!" Really? To whom? Those whose attention is drawn easily by shiny objects?

PTR

Yeah I doubt he's a distraction. People forget that we had TO in town just last season. The players are numb to that stuff at this point.

If he lights it up out there, I'm going to question George Edwards talent evaluation abilities more than I already do. I just have a feeling this kid is going to crack some heads out there.

If he even plays, and he plays ok, then you should be thanking Edwards and Carrington's position coach. Did you see him in preseason? He was lost.

Don't you think that the coaches know if he is ready or not? Why are you surprised that a 3rd round DE is not ready to play yet? What data do you have to think this is an overwhelming anomaly?

Why are you looking to blame Edwards?

Happy you have a "good feeling" about this kid but it will take more than that.

If he even plays, and he plays ok, then you should be thanking Edwards and Carrington's position coach. Did you see him in preseason? He was lost.

Don't you think that the coaches know if he is ready or not? Why are you surprised that a 3rd round DE is not ready to play yet? What data do you have to think this is an overwhelming anomaly?

Why are you looking to blame Edwards?

Happy you have a "good feeling" about this kid but it will take more than that.

Some people need to get a grip--including Sullivan of the B-News, who keeps throwing little darts about Carrington not cracking the lineup. I think he is going to be a solid if not excellent player eventually, but to expect that a 3rd round non-D1 player is going to come in and light it up or take away significant playing time from some pretty good veteran players? sheesh!

Phil Hanson was a 2nd round pick out of North Dakota State and it took him a while he didnt just jump to the NFl and Dominate at his position.

So far this year the only rookie I can say that I have seen really play well is Dez Bryant, he merits ROY award. Sam Bradford has done well, not a deer in the head lights.

Not to disagree, but I'm thinking the Buffalo kid that nobody wanted b/c he was a risk is doing quite well, too.

Mike Williams TB WR 40 627 15.7 69.7 58T 5

Dez Bryant DAL WR 41 539 13.1 59.9 46 5

Phil Hanson was a 2nd round pick out of North Dakota State and it took him a while he didnt just jump to the NFl and Dominate at his position.

So far this year the only rookie I can say that I have seen really play well is Dez Bryant, he merits ROY award. Sam Bradford has done well, not a deer in the head lights.

Don't forget Mike Williams on Tampa Bay (4th round pick from Syracuse!). He's having a great rookie year. He leads all rookies in receiving yards, and is 12th among all NFL receivers in yards. I watched him play at Syracuse his whole career, and was really wishing the Bills would draft him. Unfortunately, the Bucs snagged him a few places ahead of us in the 4th round, and we ended up taking Marcus Easley. :(

About damn time. He needs the xp. I hope Carrington clobbers the daylights out of people.

Don't forget Mike Williams on Tampa Bay (4th round pick from Syracuse!). He's having a great rookie year. He leads all rookies in receiving yards, and is 12th among all NFL receivers in yards. I watched him play at Syracuse his whole career, and was really wishing the Bills would draft him. Unfortunately, the Bucs snagged him a few places ahead of us in the 4th round, and we ended up taking Marcus Easley. :(

Easley looked like he might be a good one up until he got hurt. I think they got a good one in him. Mike Williams was better off getting a change of scenery and getting out of

B-Lo.