So, would you trade the #1 overall pick next year for Vick?

Heitz

Fixed.

Not a fan. I think it's time to move past his past -- he's "paid his debt".

Not a fan of Kelsay, but he doesn't deserve the hate either.

VicK isn't anyone's future, he's the Eagles present. Let him celebrate his great year, but let's not get carried away with thinking of him as some team's savior. The Eagles are a good team with or without him. We aren't there yet. He's not the missing piece to our puzzle.

The post was fine the way it was. I'm so sick of all these cliches that braindead commentators and fans use to justify their love affair with Vick.

"He's served his time." "Everyone deserves a second chance." "He's paid his debt."

That's crap. Vick electrocuted puppies. He stole household beagles from his neighborhood, using them as bait dogs and duct-taping their jaws together while putting them in a ring against pit bulls. He drowned dogs whose only sin was being too friendly to fight. Anyone who could perform these heinous acts doesn't have a decent bone in his body. He possesses an innate evil that cannot be cured by incarceration. There is no rehabilitating wicked. Vick is human garbage. May he burn in hell.

Edited by Nostradamus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, I thought that more people would jump on that deal. For the record, never did I say it would be a good deal - just that Vick is playing pretty amazing football. I'm a Fitz guy, for now...

Also, depending on the tag, it would take two first round picks to get him. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out next year.

Edited by Heitz

What a bunch of hypocrites on this board. Now all of a sudden that Vick is a top flight QB, his dog beating days are forgotten? When i posted last year that he has done his time for his sins, everyone still wanted to crucify him further .

What thread are you reading? Sure isn't this one... :unsure:

The worst thing is they could have had him for nothing. As it stands I would not give up a first round draft pick for him because, as someone else pointed out, we don't know how much of this resurgence would have happened without Andy Reid masterminding it.

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

A little OT, but what's the big deal with Slash? He kind of sucked. He has a 70.7 career rating and seven more INTs than TDs for his career.

And the one year he didn't suck was 2001 - when he had Mike Mularkey as his offensive coordinator and Tom Clements as his QB coach.

The post was fine the way it was. I'm so sick of all these cliches that braindead commentators and fans use to justify their love affair with Vick.

"He's served his time." "Everyone deserves a second chance." "He's paid his debt."

That's crap. Vick electrocuted puppies. He stole household beagles from his neighborhood, using them as bait dogs and duct-taping their jaws together while putting them in a ring against pit bulls. He drowned dogs whose only sin was being too friendly to fight. Anyone who could perform these heinous acts doesn't have a decent bone in his body. He possesses an innate evil that cannot be cured by incarceration. There is no rehabilitating wicked. Vick is human garbage. May he burn in hell.

It has nothing to do with anyone's "love affair" with Vick. He did some awful stuff (and it was to animals and not humans. If if did that stuff to humans he's still be in jail and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he was tried, convicted and sent to prison. It was a real jail -- not one of these day spas that are reserved for white-collar criminals. He seems to be changed by the experience, so I say he deserves a second chance. From my perch, you sound like someone from the Spanish Inquisition or the Salem witch trials. It's not for us to decide who should burn in hell. That is in the hands of a higher authority.

A career 79 QB rating

A career 54% completion percentage

A career 140 pass yards per game

His best TD throwing years were 20, 16, 15

and those numbers reflect his gaudy stats from this year.

Regardless of what he did off the field, no way would I want him QBing my team. If he didn't have the ability to pull it down and run, I have a feeling he would have been out of the league long ago based on lack of production not dog killing. He is way to overrated in my book. Good D coordinators know how to shut him down easily.

Yup. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy.

no, vick is good at this level for 3-5 more years if your lucky and he stays healthy. but with him in the open field so often he is going to miss some time. we need a qb that will be without a question the starter for the next 15 years.

lol that was great (assuming it was sarcasm which I think it was)

This thread reminds me of those that wanted to Bills to make a play for Tom Brady after he won his first Super Bowl on the idea that the Patriots would go back to Bledsoe. Maybe history repeats itself and the Bills make a deal to get Kevin Kolb.

+1

I do believe Vick has certainly made an unbelievable transformation... he is now a great quarterback.

He is still a worthless human being.

I wouldn't even trade Chris Kelsey for him, tempting as that may be. :)

Then you are dumb for not wanting to improve the Bills on the most important postion for which we have sucked for the last ten years. People need to take thier personal feeling out of the equation

A career 79 QB rating

Regardless of what he did off the field, no way would I want him QBing my team. If he didn't have the ability to pull it down and run, I have a feeling he would have been out of the league long ago based on lack of production not dog killing. He is way to overrated in my book. Good D coordinators know how to shut him down easily.

Either a) you didn't watch the game last night or b) you are developmentally disabled. Those are the only two possibilities here.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I do believe Vick has certainly made an unbelievable transformation... he is now a great quarterback.

He is still a worthless human being.

I wouldn't even trade Chris Kelsey for him, tempting as that may be. :)

You don't have any idea what kind of person he may or may not be today.

A career 79 QB rating

Really? How come D coordinators aren't shutting him down this season? So many of you living in the past need to come into the present.

If he couldn't pull it down and run... Well running is a part of the game so that's no crime. His accuracy and study have finally changed for

the better. I wouldn't trade the first pick for him based on age, but that's the only reason.

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

Are you being serious? I seriously hope not.