Bills running the ball

San-O

Fred Jackson's last three games...

vs Baltimore: 21 carries 3.1 average

vs KC: 20 carries 3.35 average

vs Chicago: 4 carries for 6 yards 1st half

It's clear that Gailey had about enough of the Jackson's recent lack of production and felt his hand was forced to start calling more passing plays which what was the only thing remaining that worked on this team.

I hope CJ Spiller starts this week and be given about 20 carries to see what he can do. Jackson is a very good backup player, he just doesn't possess the breakaway speed and agility we need. 3 and 4 yard chucks isn't going to cut it. You need the occasional 20 to 30 yard break out run.

It's clear that Gailey had about enough of the Jackson's recent lack of production and felt his hand was forced to start calling more passing plays which what was the only thing remaining that worked on this team.

I hope CJ Spiller starts this week and be given about 20 carries to see what he can do. Jackson is a very good backup player, he just doesn't possess the breakaway speed and agility we need. 3 and 4 yard chucks isn't going to cut it. You need the occasional 20 to 30 yard break out run.

Right. It almost seems Fred has given up?

Detroit is just as bad against the run as Buffalo, so why not give Spiller the ball?

I still don't know why they drafted the guy of they won't use him.

He'd be doing a helluva lot better if the o-line could actually get some push instead of getting knocked backwards on just about every play.

Edited by cantankerous

Fitz skews that number.

Excellent point.

Take away Fitz's rushing yards and we are well below 4 ypc and in the dregs of the running games.

He is our second leading rusher and has more yards on far fewer carries than our most electric rookie.

Gailey is totally confused.

Gailey is trying to get Spiller to run between the tackles in practice, but said that too often he tries to bounce to the outside. As far as talent goes, Spiller is a gifted athlete no doubt. It will take him time to adjust to the pro game because he can't bounce it outside and get around the corner like he could @ Clemson. Once he learns to be patient, follow his blocks, and turn it on when he gets a lane you all will see. This guy was not a bad pick and will be the best RB we've had since Thurman Thomas.

Gailey is trying to get Spiller to run between the tackles in practice, but said that too often he tries to bounce to the outside. As far as talent goes, Spiller is a gifted athlete no doubt. It will take him time to adjust to the pro game because he can't bounce it outside and get around the corner like he could @ Clemson. Once he learns to be patient, follow his blocks, and turn it on when he gets a lane you all will see. This guy was not a bad pick and will be the best RB we've had since Thurman Thomas.

Spiller looks like he needs to add 15 pounds of muscle before next season. The dude looks small and weak in the NFL to me. I was expecting a whole lot more from this kid.

Spiller looks like he needs to add 15 pounds of muscle before next season. The dude looks small and weak in the NFL to me. I was expecting a whole lot more from this kid.

you're acting like spiller looks like some spindly scrub. he's actually pretty jacked

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/tomtomshreds05/cjspiller.jpg

Stats lie big time. You see this stat and ask why we don't run more. But if you actually look at the games you see that we are getting stuffed on first down runs and wind up 2nd an 12 or 13. That's why we move away from the run. We are killing drives with negative run plays.

PTR

Excellent point.

Take away Fitz's rushing yards and we are well below 4 ypc and in the dregs of the running games.

He is our second leading rusher and has more yards on far fewer carries than our most electric rookie.

Sure he is. Meanwhile fan forum posters have all the answers. Gailey knows more than you ever hope to know. Look at our points-per-game and 3rd down efficiency. You can't tell me he doesn't know what he's doing. The problem is you can only do so much with a mostly JV roster.

PTR

Sure he is. Meanwhile fan forum posters have all the answers. Gailey knows more than you ever hope to know. Look at our points-per-game and 3rd down efficiency. You can't tell me he doesn't know what he's doing. The problem is you can only do so much with a mostly JV roster.

PTR

If WEO added a /sarcasm I'd agree 100%. Gailey knows how to move the ball and score points. We are way more efficient in: red zone touchdowns since... when? 3rd and long conversions since... when? I'd like the same amount of "confusion" on the defense.

Edited by ConradDobler

It will take him time to adjust to the pro game because he can't bounce it outside and get around the corner like he could @ Clemson. Once he learns to be patient, follow his blocks, and turn it on when he gets a lane you all will see. This guy was not a bad pick and will be the best RB we've had since Thurman Thomas.

In order to produce like he did at Clemson he'll need an OLine who can open up the kindof holes the Clemson line did. I watched some of those highlight reals on youtube and the thing that struck me was, man those are some big holes he's running through. Once he got through, he just flat out out ran everyone else.

Now we're seeing without good blocking that he can't do much.

He's a bust.

you're acting like spiller looks like some spindly scrub. he's actually pretty jacked

http://i30.photobuck...5/cjspiller.jpg

And don't forget about how jacked Error Maybe looked. ohmy.gif

I think CJ will become a very good back in the NFL. Maybin though... what the hell were they thinking? He looks wimpy for a DE/OLB AFTER he did the 30 day Beachbody program.

Excellent point.

no

Gailey is working to achieve the ultimate goal of getting a franchise QB.

they need to lose - but keep fan interest while doing so.

so pass the ball to keep things interesting and tank it on the defensive side to keep the losses coming.

no sense risking injury and wear and tear on Spiller when he will be needed 3-4 years down the road when the team will hopefully be competitive.