What's the knock on Palin?

Whenever I question Palin's intelligence, I can't help but remember the first VP debate. Her folksy, "oh, Joe, there you go again" attitude and presentation makes her sound like a low-watt light bulb...but she was startlingly well-prepped for that debate, with only a week for her handlers to prep her.

That ain't stupid. She might be ill-informed and buffoonish, but no one is that well-prepped for a debate with one week's work without having some brains.

She was debating Joe Biden though. Not exactly a 120 Watt bulb himself.

In any case, I disagree. She came off looking fairly foolish, however not as foolish as I had hoped before the debate. Overall I remember it being a fairly bland "debate" anyways.

Edited by conner

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that like there's such a thing as a hot female Democrat.

Unless, y'know, you find Janet Napolitano hot.

Or Hillary Clinton?

Maybe Nancy Pelosi?

Barbara Boxer?

Chris Matthews?

Frankly they all look the same to me.

:lol:

What do you think prompted my observation, dumbass?

Hey, all I said is she's hotter with a gun.

And it's not like Palin's not marketed. Apples to apples...

Man, you get cranky sometimes!

I was just makin sure you saw it becuase this board still doesnt render pictures properly...sheesh.

For me it is simple. She is just plain hokey. Not that I don't get what she is about or her image... And what she stands for... I really don't mind that. Yet, she pulls it off in a hokey way.

I don't hate her... She just grates on me. It is all what some prefer I suppose and other people probably have the same effect on others... Like Joe Biden's personality. It is all what one prefers and can tolerate.

Put that same strong sexy personality into another and I will feel different. Has anybody watched the show Ice Road Truckers? There is a woman (Lisa) from Wasilla (Palin's hometown) on the show... She is exactly the same kinda of person, strong and sexy, BUT she doesn't grate on me... I would vote for her in a heart.

Lisa Kelly

Now... Sarah, to me there seems to be no substance... Give me somebody exactly like her that has actually WORKED at something... And I would feel different.

She was debating Joe Biden though. Not exactly a 120 Watt bulb himself.

In any case, I disagree. She came off looking fairly foolish, however not as foolish as I had hoped before the debate. Overall I remember it being a fairly bland "debate" anyways.

Learn. To. Read. What did I say? Did I say she won the debate? Did I say she was erudite and knowledgable? Did I say she mopped the floor against Winston Churchill and Jack Kennedy?

No, I said she was extraordinarily well-prepped with a week's preparation, and the simple fact of being able to prepare that well in that short a time indicates a reasonable level of smarts (certainly more than you possess). If you're going to disagree with me, disagree with WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY, you !@#$ing idiot.

I won't waste my time typing anything long here because I know none of you will read and/or take it serious. The thread decided it's because she's portrayed as stupid. However reality is, it's more because she actually is stupid. I mean there are plenty of conservatives out there, but no one is calling Rove or Huckabee or Romney dumb. They all display intelligence when they speak. Watching Palin speak (like Bush) feels like watching your 5 year old kid recite a Christmas poem and you are just cheering for him/her to get it out right.

The Russia thing was symbolic. She said it, but her saying it was not the biggest problem. It's that she stuck with it and defended that position when interviewed later. This is even after she had time to consult her advisers.

Palin never actually said she could see Russia from her house. That would be Tina Fey on SNL.

Palin never actually said she could see Russia from her house. That would be Tina Fey on SNL.

Yeah, instead she said she was experienced in foreign policy because Alaska borders on the Soviet Union.

That was before she quit being governor. And maybe just before she couldn't name a newspaper she read.

It's kinda like how Gore never actually said he invented the internet. Comedians, then pundits, took a comment , skewed it just a little and... there ya have it. Fact.

It's kinda like how Gore never actually said he invented the internet. Comedians, then pundits, took a comment , skewed it just a little and... there ya have it. Fact.

True. And Matthews never said he felt a tingle go up his leg. The word he used was "thrill." Still, it warms my heart to see how nervous the left is about Palin. It's fun to watch.

I appreciate the honesty of most of the leftward posters who responded. I've only casually observed politics for the last year or so (I actually came to TBD to get my mind away from politics...best not think too hard on that one I guess) and I was curious what all the Palin hatred was about, becasue I wasn't really aware of much to justify it.

I now see that her only great vice is being conservative who was unable to come off as a seasoned and polished politician on the national scene within 15 minutes of being cast upon it. I now have more respect for her (and far less for her detractors) than I did when I posted this thread. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

I appreciate the honesty of most of the leftward posters who responded. I've only casually observed politics for the last year or so (I actually came to TBD to get my mind away from politics...best not think too hard on that one I guess) and I was curious what all the Palin hatred was about, becasue I wasn't really aware of much to justify it.

I now see that her only great vice is being conservative who was unable to come off as a seasoned and polished politician on the national scene within 15 minutes of being cast upon it. I now have more respect for her (and far less for her detractors) than I did when I posted this thread. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Lol.

Retards gunna retard, no matter what.

You respect someone who quit her job. I understand that the heat was coming for her and she'd have to defend herself but she quit. Kind of not a great trait in a politician, no?

You respect someone who quit her job. I understand that the heat was coming for her and she'd have to defend herself but she quit. Kind of not a great trait in a politician, no?

To avoid the witch hunt that was underway and to get her family out from the derisive attacks the mindless c*nt rags on the left piled on for, what so far this thread has determined to be, no reason other than that she was a sexy conservative woman? I don't blame her one god damn bit.

Beautiful rationalization. At least as president or VP, the scrutiny would be less than as Akaska gov.

Hahahahahaha.

I'm just speculating. Maybe she figured she could have a bigger impact and do more good on the national scene if she was't bound to the Governor's seat. I don't know. You're the one who seems so certain. And if that's your best reason for why she's such a POS, like you liberal douche bag buddies make her out to be, that says a lot about the strength of your argument.