What's the knock on Palin?

I'm just speculating. Maybe she figured she could have a bigger impact and do more good on the national scene if she was't bound to the Governor's seat. I don't know. You're the one who seems so certain. And if that's your best reason for why she's such a POS, like you liberal douche bag buddies make her out to be, that says a lot about the strength of your argument.

That's fantastic stuff man. She quit the job she was elected to do for the sake of greater good. Good stuff: Keep it coming.

She quit her job. Good strong leadership.

By the way, note I'm sticking with just one of the many points against her. It's irrefutable.

Please remind me what elected office Carville ever held.

So the job she was elected to but quit is her resume builder to future elected offices?

Palin says a lot of things I agree with but if the right/Tea Partiers are dumb enough to put her up as a candidate, they deserve what they get when Independents head for the hills.

Edited by Peace

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fantastic stuff man. She quit the job she was elected to do for the sake of greater good. Good stuff: Keep it coming.

By the way, note I'm sticking with just one of the many points against her. It's irrefutable.

So the job she was elected to but quit is her resume builder to future elected offices?

Palin says a lot of things I agree with but if the right/Tea Partiers are dumb enough to put her up as a candidate, they deserve what they get when Independents head for the hills.

I get it. She quit her job. blah, blah, blah. Thank you, and p[ussy]Bills for showing, once again, that you have nothing.

Besides, I thought all you liberal types were all about the "greater good" (your term, not mine).

I'd say with her being one of the most visible figures on the right, the same right who just blew your statist buddies out of the water on election day, that yes, she has made a much bigger impact AFTER having quit her job.

But keep on beating that drum, since apparently that's the only note you have to play.

Hey, remember when Obama committed to finishing his whole Senate term, and absolutely insisted he wouldn't quit the Senate to run for president?

I mean, anyone who thinks she quit for idealistic purposes is delusional (my bet is that she did it for the speaker's fees as a private citizen)...but you might want to consider a different point to hammer. Just sayin'.

Palin stinks on ice. She flat out should NEVER be President of this great country. She quit as Governor and when in office was allegedly abusing her power. Not necessarily President material.

Would this be alleged "Trooper Gate" [cue jerking off emoticon]

But apparently we should suck the seed out of a guy who used his office to procure a sweetheart land deal from a slum lord in exchange for pushing favorable legislation through the state legislature.

But I admire your consistency. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rob's House

Palin stinks on ice. She flat out should NEVER be President of this great country. She quit as Governor and when in office was allegedly abusing her power. Not necessarily President material.

Again...you support a guy who abused his position of power to strong-arm senior corporate bondholders as a favor to unions. You might want to pick another point of contention - particularly if you're going to argue that "abuse of power" and "presidential material" are exclusive.

Hey, remember when Obama committed to finishing his whole Senate term, and absolutely insisted he wouldn't quit the Senate to run for president?

I mean, anyone who thinks she quit for idealistic purposes is delusional (my bet is that she did it for the speaker's fees as a private citizen)...but you might want to consider a different point to hammer. Just sayin'.

That doesn't count...

Again...you support a guy who abused his position of power to strong-arm senior corporate bondholders as a favor to unions. You might want to pick another point of contention - particularly if you're going to argue that "abuse of power" and "presidential material" are exclusive.

That doesn't count...

:huh: Sometimes man you just post the weirdest things.

I appreciate the honesty of most of the leftward posters who responded. I've only casually observed politics for the last year or so (I actually came to TBD to get my mind away from politics...best not think too hard on that one I guess) and I was curious what all the Palin hatred was about, becasue I wasn't really aware of much to justify it.

I now see that her only great vice is being conservative who was unable to come off as a seasoned and polished politician on the national scene within 15 minutes of being cast upon it. I now have more respect for her (and far less for her detractors) than I did when I posted this thread. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

No. She is hokey. There is no substance behind her. What she says she can do, she really can't. She is a puppet for the common person, and not a very good one... Just good looking while doing a lot of things the common person does in their life.

It isn't hatred... She is in over her head yet people keep on pushing her along. The thing that gets many people is that it (pushing her along) is so obvious and blatant.

No. She is hokey. There is no substance behind her. What she says she can do, she really can't. She is a puppet for the common person, and not a very good one... Just good looking while doing a lot of things the common person does in their life.

It isn't hatred... She is in over her head yet people keep on pushing her along. The thing that gets many people is that it (pushing her along) is so obvious and blatant.

Obama is hokey. There is no substance behind him. What he says he can do, he really can't. He is a puppet for the elite, and not a very good one...Just good looking while doing a lot of things the elite person would do in their life.

It isn't hatred...He is in over his head yet people keep pushing him along. The thing that gets many people is that the MSM (pushing him along) is so obvious and blatant.

Sarah Palin strikes me as someone who's a much stronger individual than Obama. The one area he's got her on is academics, and after two years we can see how little that mattered in his real world decision making. Not saying I want her as the next president or not, but I'd take her in a split second over the joker we have in there now.

You've been hanging out here too long. That is a PPP-ific argument usually undertaken in this manner:

Poster a: "Obama is spending us into oblivion. Can you defend this?"

conner: "Bush spent a lot of money."

Poster a: "Umm, I'm talking about Obama."

conner: "I am right, you are wrong. Nana nana."

I get it. She quit her job. blah, blah, blah. Thank you, and p[ussy]Bills for showing, once again, that you have nothing.

No. That she quit her job is just one thing. One you can't respond to except some BS about how she is doing it to save the country or something.

Besides, I thought all you liberal types were all about the "greater good" (your term, not mine).

Not a liberal. And not a fan of your argument defending Palin because she cares about the greater good.

I'd say with her being one of the most visible figures on the right, the same right who just blew your statist buddies out of the water on election day, that yes, she has made a much bigger impact AFTER having quit her job.

She definitely has a bigger impact as a commentator after quitting on the people who voted for her. I mean: Look who's in the Dancing with the Stars final.

You've been hanging out here too long. That is a PPP-ific argument usually undertaken in this manner:

Believe me, I don't miss your point...but I think you missed mine, which was to show by specific example that if you're going to pick a point against a politician, you might not want to pick one that basically amounts to "she behaves like a politician".

Believe me, I don't miss your point...but I think you missed mine, which was to show by specific example that if you're going to pick a point against a politician, you might not want to pick one that basically amounts to "she behaves like a politician".

See, now I've let you conner things up because I'm responding. I see her quitting her job--not because she got a promotion (senator to president)--but because the pan was getting a little hot, is a different move. If she stays talking head, who cares (Spitzer is a talking head now FFS)? But if she runs for office, it should be a huge issue to quit your job right after the people elected you.

No. That she quit her job is just one thing. One you can't respond to except some BS about how she is doing it to save the country or something.

Not a liberal. And not a fan of your argument defending Palin because she cares about the greater good.

She definitely has a bigger impact as a commentator after quitting on the people who voted for her. I mean: Look who's in the Dancing with the Stars final.

I love it when you guys put words in my mouth to help dig you out of your weak futile argument.

First off, I never said jack **** about "greater good" and was very open about the fact that I was giving purely speculative possibilities as to why she might well have left, none of which did I ever claim was correct. She, like any other politician who leaves their elected office to pursue a higher office, was likely pursuing her own self-interest (Tom's theory sounds plausible). When anyone else does it that's fine, when she does it she's the scum of the Earth? Sorry pal, your argument is !@#$ing stupid. Better luck next time.

Edited by Rob's House

I love it when you guys put words in my mouth to help dig you out of your weak a futile argument.

First off, I never said jack **** about "greater good" and was very open about the fact that I was giving purely speculative possibilities as to why she might well have left, none of which did I ever claim was correct. She, like any other politician who leaves their elected office to pursue a higher office, was likely pursuing her own self-interest (Tom's theory sounds plausible). When anyone else does it that's fine, when she does it she's the scum of the Earth? Sorry pal, your argument is !@#$ing stupid. Better luck next time.

Very sensitive about your girl.

She was elected right?

Shortly after, she quit, right?

Now answer: Is that an admirable quality in an elected official?

By the way Wil. E. Coyote, she didn't quit her job "to pursue higher office" unless you mean she quit her job 4 years in advance of a presidential run, which would take some measure of eff-the-voters chutzpah.

As to your "When anyone else does it that's fine, when she does it she's the scum of the Earth?" argument, that's the conner thought process again. This thread's about Palin.

Edited by Peace

See, now I've let you conner things up because I'm responding. I see her quitting her job--not because she got a promotion (senator to president)--but because the pan was getting a little hot, is a different move. If she stays talking head, who cares (Spitzer is a talking head now FFS)? But if she runs for office, it should be a huge issue to quit your job right after the people elected you.

Well, well, well. So it's ok to quit on the people who elected you to pursue higher office, but if you want to be a central figure in a movement that you feel is more consequential, important, and inline with what your voters want (and on what grounds do you refute any of that), while simultaneously pursuing your own self-interest, that's not good b/c a bunch of limp wristed libs who pretend they give a **** about anything other than the letter in parentheses next to your name get a leaky tampon over it.

We just have a different of opinion - I see it as the same move. You make a commitment, then you blow it off to do something else, for personal gain. Both actions of craven self-interest.

I also highly doubt she quit because it was getting "too hot" for her. A woman who was a Republican VP candidate and is now stumping for Republicans and Tea Partiers found the governorship of AK too hot? Bull. She left for the money.