What's the knock on Palin?

Ok Alan Grayson, whatever you say. There are no death panels, get a grip man.

The hero of the liberal cause Krugman believes that this won't be the case moving forward:

Economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman says the only way the U.S. will get its debt crisis under control is by the use of "death panels" and a national sales tax.

The national sales tax, referred to as value-added tax (VAT)m which governments across Europe use widely, will help cut the U.S deficit, Krugman argues.

Krugman made his comments on ABC's “This Week with Christiane Amanpour” during a roundtable discussion about the economy and the recent findings of the U.S. Debt Reduction Commission.

Here's the key excerpt:

"Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT. But it's not going to happen now."

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One year ago...

Palin: "There are death panels in the healthcare bill."

Liberals: "How dare this stupid lying whore say that there are death panels in the healthcare bill."

Today...

Liberals: "Well yes, of course there are death panels in the healthcare bill."

Palin has the bull**t detector, the megaphone, and arguably now has a bigger influence on the current direction of this country than Obama does. It's no wonder you guys hate her so much...she's winning.

There's no death panels in the bill. Read it for yourself.

And !@#$ you for making me agree with conner, you dumb ****.

There's no death panels in the bill. Read it for yourself.

And !@#$ you for making me agree with conner, you dumb ****.

First, %$^& you for making me read the post of a poster I have on ignore.

And second, $%^& him for calling me a liberal.

First, %$^& you for making me read the post of a poster I have on ignore.

And second, $%^& him for calling me a liberal.

:lol: Your transformation to the Dark Side is almost complete. Now kill OCinBuffalo, and take his place at my side...

My first reaction was "WTF!!??!?"

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/death-panels-and-sales-taxes/

According to him he was basically trolling. I'm less alarmed now.

Say something breathtakingly stupid, get hammered for it, then retract with "I wasn't serious, can't you fact-hating idiots recognize sarcasm?"

Well, goddamn if THAT tactic doesn't seem familiar... :lol:

My first reaction was "WTF!!??!?"

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/death-panels-and-sales-taxes/

According to him he was basically trolling. I'm less alarmed now.

So, what I said is that the eventual resolution of the deficit problem both will and should rely on “death panels and sales taxes”. What I meant is that

(a) health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for — not really death panels, of course, but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care

He wasn't "trolling" you dipshit. That is precisely what a "Death Panel" would look like, he just happened to catch himself and knew he would be in deep doo doo for making this "provocative" statement. I saw it live this weekend on ABC's “This Week with Christiane Amanpour” . ANd I can tell you, he wasn't "trolling", he was being dead serious (literally).

This is from this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDnvmOQDkkw

Now what Conner? :lol:

Palin said that there was a Death Panel, Krugman goes on to admit that the Democrats "should have endorsed the Panel that was part of the healthcare reform". It is at the 55 second mark. The original Bill had this "panel" and that panel was going to assess end-of-life medical costs. She wasn't wrong when she said it, which is why when she made her Facebook comment, they immediately took that out of the bill. Amazing what a facebook post can do nowadays :lol: .

Even though end-of-living medical costs are through the roof and I do agree that there has to be more efficiency in somehow containing costs in this area. But he is endorsing Death Panels, there is no denying that.

Edited by Magox

Oh, he was just kidding?

That Krugman. Always the joker.

My favorite was his "The problem with the stimulus bill is that it wasn't big enough." Always good for a laugh by the water cooler.

To be fair: Krugman said the same thing at the time of the stimulus bill being passed.

The hero of the liberal cause Krugman believes that this won't be the case moving forward:

This is the camel's nose in the tent. Once you first make the statement, it makes it easier for the others follow.

This is the blueprint for attempting to get the masses to follow the liberal/progressives' sick and twisted agenda. This statement wasn't even challenged by the ABC "news" panel.

It's the same liberal MSM media that fed the American public the ridiculous notion that Obama was a moderate candidate who believed in there being no red states nor blue states, but only the United States. Who were then trumped by people like Beck and Fox which forced the resignations of presidential appointees by shining a light on communist advisors like Van Jones and Anita Dunn.

Americans have caught on to his and these other liberal's complete bull**t. He has no chance of ever regaining their trust.

He wasn't "trolling" you dipshit. That is precisely what a "Death Panel" would look like, he just happened to catch himself and knew he would be in deep doo doo for making this "provocative" statement. I saw it live this weekend on ABC's “This Week with Christiane Amanpour” . ANd I can tell you, he wasn't "trolling", he was being dead serious (literally).

Lol. Your definition of death panel is pretty far out there. If thats what you call a death panel, then..

1. You are !@#$ed up in the head.

2. You are really !@#$ed up in the head.

Palin said that there was a Death Panel, Krugman goes on to admit that the Democrats "should have endorsed the Panel that was part of the healthcare reform". It is at the 55 second mark. The original Bill had this "panel" and that panel was going to assess end-of-life medical costs. She wasn't wrong when she said it, which is why when she made her Facebook comment, they immediately took that out of the bill. Amazing what a facebook post can do nowadays :lol: .

Even though end-of-living medical costs are through the roof and I do agree that there has to be more efficiency in somehow containing costs in this area. But he is endorsing Death Panels, there is no denying that.

Again, your definition of "death panel" is really really really really !@#$ed up. Come back to reality please.

Edited by conner

Lol. Your definition of death panel is pretty far out there. If thats what you call a death panel, then..

1. You are !@#$ed up in the head.

2. You are really !@#$ed up in the head.

Again, your definition of "death panel" is really really really really !@#$ed up. Come back to reality please.

Funny, he mentioned this earlier in the year:

Here's the highlight of the transcript:

"People on the right, they're simultaneously screaming, 'They're going to send all the old people to death panels,' and 'It's not going to save any money', he said. Another panelist interjected, 'Death panels would save money', to which Krugman responded:

"The advisory panel which has the ability to make more or less binding judgments on saying this particular expensive treatment actually doesn't do any good medically and so we are not going to pay for it. That is actually going to save quite a lot of money. We don't know how much yet. The CBO gives it very little credit but, but most, most of the health care economists I talk to think that's going be a really, uh a really major cost saving."

I guess he was "trolling" this day as well. :lol:

Edited by Magox

Truthfully, I could give two shats about Palin, but if I was Sarah, I'd remind her daughters that facebook is permanent and that her enemies are always looking for ways to trip her up. Don't give them any unnecessary ammo.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/16/sarah-palin-willow-palin-homophobic-slur-facebook-attack-sarah-palins-alaska-dancing-with-the-stars-tlc/9/#comments-anchor

And yeah, it's TMZ, totally slanted to the left but don't make it easy for them posting homophobic slurs on some kid's wall. I mean...come on.

Truthfully, I could give two shats about Palin, but if I was Sarah, I'd remind her daughters that facebook is permanent and that her enemies are always looking for ways to trip her up. Don't give them any unnecessary ammo.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/16/sarah-palin-willow-palin-homophobic-slur-facebook-attack-sarah-palins-alaska-dancing-with-the-stars-tlc/9/#comments-anchor

And yeah, it's TMZ, totally slanted to the left but don't make it easy for them posting homophobic slurs on some kid's wall. I mean...come on.

Breaking news from TMZ: someone's being an ass on the internet.

That's one for the "Who really gives a !@#$" file. Great investigative reporting there. :lol: