Wade is done in Dallas

saundena

Jason Garrett was supposedly the hand-picked successor a few years ago. If I remember it correctly they threw a bunch of money at him to stay in Dallas. Now we'll get to see if he's up to the task with Jon Kitna as quarterback, who is someone that would be lower on my list of "QB's I'd want to start for me as an interim coach trying to get the full-time gig".

I think it's fair to say that Wade hates Ralph Wilson, who tried to not pay him the balance of his contract. so, no way.

Focus on John Fox, who should be available.

If anything, Fox will take a year off. He isn't going to take a defensive coordinator job fresh off nine straight seasons as a head coach.

I wonder if Jerry realizes the one common denominator in Dallas' long running misery is Jerry himself as GM.

I read in one of these articles that Jerry participates in the game film review with his coaches every Monday. Wonder how many other owners do that? Not sure I'd be too comfortable with that if I were head coach.

Edited by MattyT

I read in one of these articles that Jerry participates in the game film review with his coaches every Monday. Wonder how many other owner's do that? Not sure I'd be too comfortable with that if I were head coach.

Jerry Jones, Al Davis, Ralph Wilson. What do these three owners have in common? They meddle too much and cause their teams to suck.

As an owner it's your job to sign the checks. You run the business but not the football operations. Of course since they're the owners they do what they want, as is their right.

That's why Jim Irsay is the best owner in the business IMO. He says, "Bill, run my team, do what you want and I'll stay out of your way and sign the checks. I trust you." And that's why the Colts are winners year after year. Smart owner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5780262

Not a good head coach, but certainly a great DC. Wish he left Buffalo on better terms! He could do wonders for our D!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqO66GWnSzT7bLS7aY9X6GhDubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-phillipsfired

But now the defense has allowed at least 35 points in three straight games, which hadn’t happened since Dallas went 0-11-1 in its inaugural season, 1960. Stranger still, the unit—personally overseen by Phillips—features nearly all the same players who closed last season with the first back-to-back shutouts in club history.

Why do Bills fans always seem to want the bottom of the league castoffs? He was not just HC, he was also DC. Where do you see"greatness"?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Jerry Jones, Al Davis, Ralph Wilson. What do these three owners have in common? They meddle too much and cause their teams to suck.

As an owner it's your job to sign the checks. You run the business but not the football operations. Of course since they're the owners they do what they want, as is their right.

That's why Jim Irsay is the best owner in the business IMO. He says, "Bill, run my team, do what you want and I'll stay out of your way and sign the checks. I trust you." And that's why the Colts are winners year after year. Smart owner.

Exactly... Having an ahole father (Robert) went far in helping Jim Irsay do things the "right way."

I think it's fair to say that Wade hates Ralph Wilson, who tried to not pay him the balance of his contract. so, no way.

Focus on John Fox, who should be available.

:thumbsup: Fox would be great although not a 34 guy, I was hoping for Rob Ryan but if Cleveland keeps it up he won't be going anywhere (thanks for smacking the pats around, Peyton Hillis rules)Vic Fangio from Stanford would be a huge upgrade at DQ, that guy calls some pretty slick blitzes, reminds me of a combination of the Pats and Ravens 34.

I wonder if Jerry realizes the one common denominator in Dallas' long running misery is Jerry himself as GM.

It is interesting to note that Jerry - unlike what many here claim is true about RW - has thrown money at the organization in order to win. He has gone after flashy players and paid coaches in ways that many would consider odd.

Yeah, but...

Al has 3 'Lombardis', 'Boys have 4. Ralphie? .....

Big difference.

Gotta say, I didn't see this coming, due to the total revamp of their coaching staff at mid-season. Wade was the DC. Garret, the OC. Cutting off the head looses the DC & OC as well since Garret now steps up. We'll be in a season-long 'fight' with them for the 1st overall pick in April.

um.. GO BILLS!