Leodis McKelvin....

He had a pretty rough outing.

In fact, so did our other 1st round picks. Whitner had a few good hits but he is a consistent liability in coverage. Spiller is pretty much a non-factor.

Call me crazy, but I think that this dismal draft pattern will change in 2011.

I don't think any current Bills Corner can accurately be judged without film. We have NO PASS RUSH, and Tv doesn't follow the path of the corners from play to play fully.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He really seems to have some huge mental lapses out there, but without a pass rush the DB's will struggle. Cover 2, unfortunately, is better suited to this team rather man to man without a pass rush. It is frustrating to see McKelvin make the same mistakes he made his rookie year. Both Brandon Flowers and Aqib Talib have been excellent. In fact, Flowers is holding WR's he covers to less yards than Revis did in his record breaking effort last year

McK is good. He is just not what we had been used to with Clements, Winfield etc. His run support needs work. He did not look great vs Chicago But I didn't hear Hester's name all that much either. He played very well vs Miami and NE. Seems like none of the recent #'1 are superstars that can dominate the game, but they are still among the best players on the team. The drop off in talent after those #1's is the bigger problem.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

He really seems to have some huge mental lapses out there, but without a pass rush the DB's will struggle. Cover 2, unfortunately, is better suited to this team rather man to man without a pass rush. It is frustrating to see McKelvin make the same mistakes he made his rookie year. Both Brandon Flowers and Aqib Talib have been excellent. In fact, Flowers is holding WR's he covers to less yards than Revis did in his record breaking effort last year

i dunno about that any more, jacoby ford toasted flowers last game.

Guy it is totally unfair to judge these corners right now

- New system that is supposed to be good when you get a consistant pass rush

- We dont get a consistant pass rush

I dont understand why this is so complicated for people....if and when the pass rush improves....THEN judge the secondary

By what measure is the pass rush this year so much worse than last year?

No but he could develop into one I am willing to give him the rest of this season to learn (The guy was sitting behind Greer his rookie year and got hurt last year) so basically this is his first full year of playing. So all in all its not fair to judge McKelvin because the jury is still out he could still easily develop into a shut down guy. Let him play the rest of this year and develop then see what he turns into next year.

He had a pretty rough outing.

In fact, so did our other 1st round picks. Whitner had a few good hits but he is a consistent liability in coverage. Spiller is pretty much a non-factor.

Call me crazy, but I think that this dismal draft pattern will change in 2011.

Ok heres the deal...and I am not endorsing Leodis one bit, because I think he is average at best. Anyone that has ever played Corner, which I have, knows how hard it can be when you have absolutely no pass rush up front. The receivers have time to make several more moves....the qb has time to make his reads and be much more accurate etc etc.....until we get our DL and LB's to at least a respectable group, our corners and safeties will continue to be at a huge disadvantage.