MIKE VICK

sleaky72

I was certainly not a believer, but agree he's never looked better.

I think he's actually putting effort into his preparation and approach to the game rather than just coasting on talent as he did in college and probably did in Atlanta. That can make a world of difference.

I saw every home game he played in college and he was always this good, although his accuracy seems a little better now. It is not a fluke that the only time Virginia Tech ever made it to the national championship game was when Vick was there.. He never lost a regular season game in college.

VIck is one hell of a QB, and i give that to him. Not many people would ever to be able to go through what he did, and come back and be better than you were before you left.

OT - I never want to hear any Bills fans complain abut the refs again. The Eagles had 4-5 atrocious, almost beyond atrocious penalites against them/ not called for them, and they still found a way to win.

Good teams find a way to win, no matter what the circumstances. Bad teams let penalties ruin them.

VIck is one hell of a QB, and i give that to him. Not many people would ever to be able to go through what he did, and come back and be better than you were before you left.

OT - I never want to hear any Bills fans complain abut the refs again. The Eagles had 4-5 atrocious, almost beyond atrocious penalites against them/ not called for them, and they still found a way to win.

Good teams find a way to win, no matter what the circumstances. Bad teams let penalties ruin them.

that was the difference between a semi-blowout and a close-call. Those were terrible penalties in crucial situations.

Which ones?

Which ones?

Roughing the punter when the Eagles defender was on the ground and the Colts punter tripped over him.

Personal Foul on the Collie hit. It WAS NOT a penalty. If Collie had gotten up no flag would have been called. The falg came in very late after collie stayed down. (Glad he is ok though) led to Colts scoring just before half.

Roughing the passer on 4th down. Led to the colts scoring a TD instead of the game being over when Phili recovered the fumble.

Philly has that good of an offensive system and Vick gives them something they haven't had in years a quarterback who is a serious threat to run the ball. Nothing against Mcnabb, but he's not nearly as mobile as he used to be. It's one thing when teams can't blitz you cause they don't wanna get burned by the likes of desean jackson or maclin. Throw in Lesean McCoy who seems to be a seemless fit in the mold of Brian Westbrook into that offense, Brent Celek, and even Jason Avant and Owen Schmidt have been reliable options.

Add all that up with Vicks running ability and it's sure to give opposing offenses nightmares. He may not have put in film work while in Atlanta, but he also didn't have anything approaching this level of offensive talent. The real test for Philly will come in 2 weeks vs the Giants. One thing to take into consideration though is that Vick has been sacked 14 times in 125 pass attempts once every 9 pass attempts. A team like the Giants will expose that. So far though there's little fault in Vick's game, and he's been a godsend for the Eagles.

I'd bet that Philly re-signs Vick. I think he's smart enough to stay in a system that makes him look good and Philly is pretty good at keeping their talent. They'll either keep Kolb or get a 2nd or 3rd for him. Winning organizations seem to do smart things. Funny/tragic watching how the other half does it.

that Philly offense is sick and the QB is almost inconsequential.

What a pathetic way to minimize this guy's skills and what he's able to do right now. By that stupid argument, Trent Edwards and JP Losman would flourish in that system. I highly doubt it. The QB is not inconsequential, the QB is significant. His ability to run keeps defense in a position of being dictated to, taken out of their comfort zone. His improved decision-making and passing make the downfield threat soften the defense a little more. Everything the opposing defense has to do is predicated on Vick so to say he's inconsequential really shows your complete lack of understanding of football and how a QB impacts the game outside of the stat sheet.

So explain this to me then, how inconsequential were the 74 yards rushing he had, at a 7.4 yard per rush clip and one rushing TD. Or the fact he had no INTs and no lost fumbles and one passing TD. Or that he had a higher yard per completion (12.8 to 9.5) and yards per attempt (7.1 to 5.3) than the infalliable, beyond reproach Peyton Manning?

Bottomline, you're clueless and the QB does matter and yesterday he played mistake free football, made plays and WON. That's how a QB is judged.

The problem with Vick as the QB on any team....despite his on field capabilities, is that he is a low class unreliable guy, who surrounds himself with troublemaking friends. Philly will never know when somebody will, again, slap the braclets on Mike Vick, and then Philly will be without Mike Vick. I myself would not pay to go see a guy like that play in any event....a real low character guy....I am not obligated to spend my money to see him succeed. So, he is back, and playing well, but those who welcome him....I suspect will be disappointed severly sometime in the future...as Mike Vick has shown he is unreliable.

He was never this good in college or in Atlanta?

Holy Cow is Andy Reid that good of a coach?

Honestly I never wanted him here but now I am beginning to change that opinion

I agree. It's fun watching him. He's really playing at a high level and making good decisions with the football.

I think he "saw the light" with the prison stint. Prison destroyed that cloak of invincibility he thought he had. I think he is truly grateful for not A) being in prison and B) getting a second shot in the NFL.

Without it, he'd not only be flat broke, owing millions of dollars to creditors, but have no means to ever pay it back.