Is Buffalo's future in Michigan's hands?

OK...hear out my rationalization.

University of Michigan loses a few more games this year and the school has decided that 3 years is enough of the Rich Rodriguez era.

Jim Harbaugh sees that as his dream head coaching job and decides to take it (I'm guessing the job would be his if he wants it seeing what he did with Stanford in the short time he was there).

Andrew Luck then decides that he does not want to spend his senior season learning a different coach's offensive playbook and enters the NFL draft.

A miraculous turnaround aside, the Bills will be in position to draft this future phenom and the next decade will be, as they say, history.

The only thing that worries me is Carolina outdoing us in losing football games and snagging him (they wouldn't right, not with Jimmy Claussen being taken in the 2nd just last year?) I know there's still a lot to be determined, but I've got my fingers crossed for good Luck. :thumbsup:

The only thing that worries me is Carolina outdoing us in losing football games and snagging him (they wouldn't right, not with Jimmy Claussen being taken in the 2nd just last year?) I know there's still a lot to be determined, but I've got my fingers crossed for good Luck. :thumbsup:

My biggest worry in the scenario. I don't think they win another game this year.

University of Michigan loses a few more games this year and the school has decided that 3 years is enough of the Rich Rodriguez era.

Jim Harbaugh sees that as his dream head coaching job and decides to take it (I'm guessing the job would be his if he wants it seeing what he did with Stanford in the short time he was there).

Andrew Luck then decides that he does not want to spend his senior season learning a different coach's offensive playbook and enters the NFL draft.

A miraculous turnaround aside, the Bills will be in position to draft this future phenom and the next decade will be, as they say, history.

If Harbaugh is the key, then the Bills should fire Chan and hire Harbaugh and draft Luck as a package deal

My biggest worry in the scenario. I don't think they win another game this year.

Carolina will have a new coach next season with no personal investment in clausen. If they end up ahead of buffalo in draft order and they deem Luck a strong enough prospect, you best believe the new coach will snatch him up, clausen be damned.

My nightmare scenario is that Dallas does not win another game this season. We win a couple games via Cleveland and Detroit. Dallas earns the number one pick and drafts Luck right out from under our noses, sending Romo to the waiver wire. And the rest as they say is history.

If Harbaugh is the key, then the Bills should fire Chan and hire Harbaugh and draft Luck as a package deal

That's not a bad idea, but didn't he pass up an interview with us last year? Unless the thought of being Luck's coach in the pros is so enticing he decides that the Bills are his team of choice. But there's no way Chan gets the ax after one year, nor do I think he should.

My nightmare scenario is that Dallas does not win another game this season. We win a couple games via Cleveland and Detroit. Dallas earns the number one pick and drafts Luck right out from under our noses, sending Romo to the waiver wire. And the rest as they say is history.

Yes, that too is a nightmare scenario.

I thought you were leading to the destruction of great lakes cities. Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Erie and Buffalo.

Originally being from Erie, it's hard to call them a city. It's more like a collection of run down houses and buildings that people still choose to inhabit.

Romo would be fine by me.

Carolina will have a new coach next season with no personal investment in clausen. If they end up ahead of buffalo in draft order and they deem Luck a strong enough prospect, you best believe the new coach will snatch him up, clausen be damned.

if Luck comes out there is no doubt he will be the #1 pick its a no brain er and yes Carolina will take him.

QB's like him come around every 10 years who ever has the #1 pick will take him.

Edited by oak tree 12

Harbaugh has already told the clown owner that he isn't interested in joining his circus program. Harbaugh would be a leading candidate for the Wolverine job if it became available and he would also be interested in the 49er job if Singletary was told to take a hike and get back on the lucrative motivatinal speaking circuit. Harbaugh, like most appealing HC candidates, wouldn't find it too appealing working for a fading owner whose priority is squeezing the piggy up to the end of the line rather than seriously competing.

Harbaugh has already told the clown owner that he isn't interested in joining his circus program. Harbaugh would be a leading candidate for the Wolverine job if it became available and he would also be interested in the 49er job if Singletary was told to take a hike and get back on the lucrative motivatinal speaking circuit. Harbaugh, like most appealing HC candidates, wouldn't find it too appealing working for a fading owner whose priority is squeezing the piggy up to the end of the line rather than seriously competing.

Nice... you have no idea if Jim Harbaugh thought any of these things, but gave us such a clear insight into the intense self-hatred that appears to motivate you as a Bills fan. Well played, Mr. Internet-Tough-Guy-Who-Thinks-That-Hating-Intensely-On-The-Team-Of-Which-He-Is-A-Fan-Makes-Him-Look-Smart-And-Cool. Have another Bud Light, and get some therapy.

I'd be shocked if the Michigan folks hadn't already made the decision to fire him after the season. Rodriguez has been a disaster.

Who's going to block for him? I'm tiring of this debate, because in the end our pass blocking will suffer, and to add we have no pass rush on defense... in essence, Luck would have to put up 30+ points a game while trying to adapt to an NFL defense. I say hell no- draft linemen until you can't any more.

IMHO ...

I don't think we pick up Luck if he comes out eary. I don't think the brain trust at OBD values underclassmen too highly.

I'm not saying he isn't the best QB out there, I don't follow college ball enough to tell the difference between the front runners, but I seem to remember Buddy saying at the beginning he looks for continued sucess over an entire college career and didn't like drafting underclassmen.

IMHO ...

I don't think we pick up Luck if he comes out eary. I don't think the brain trust at OBD values underclassmen too highly.

I'm not saying he isn't the best QB out there, I don't follow college ball enough to tell the difference between the front runners, but I seem to remember Buddy saying at the beginning he looks for continued sucess over an entire college career and didn't like drafting underclassmen.

Buddy has already gone on record as saying that he really likes Luck.

Nice... you have no idea if Jim Harbaugh thought any of these things, but gave us such a clear insight into the intense self-hatred that appears to motivate you as a Bills fan. Well played, Mr. Internet-Tough-Guy-Who-Thinks-That-Hating-Intensely-On-The-Team-Of-Which-He-Is-A-Fan-Makes-Him-Look-Smart-And-Cool. Have another Bud Light, and get some therapy.

Harbaugh was approached when the Bills were searching for a HC. He quickly dismissed the overtures. I don't hate the Bills. Far from it. Although I do have contempt for the way this organization has been managed. It is an embarrassment.

You criticize me for something that you then do. What does that say about you? My point is simply that because the organization has been managed in such a second-rate manner it wasn't appealing to a number of HC cadndidates. How is that an unfair description?