God, does this team need some Luck.

Is anyone else watching this kid right now? He looks like Peyton Manning out there. How ironic is it that his name is Luck, and we need him, and we're the most snakebitten sports franchise in sports history? I'm starting to think we should go 0-16 next year, and the year after, until this kid comes out. He is gonna be special.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we need some MOORE help

we should take a MALLETT to the rest of afc east

but seriously... i'm flipping back and forth from ESPN (mallett) to ABC (luck)

and i am very impressed with both, this is the first game i have seen luck play and i am very happy.

if we have our pick of the litter for QBs and our scouts/Ralph/GM/overdorf and company etc..mess this up i will lose my mind.

Is anyone else watching this kid right now? He looks like Peyton Manning out there. How ironic is it that his name is Luck, and we need him, and we're the most snakebitten sports franchise in sports history? I'm starting to think we should go 0-16 next year, and the year after, until this kid comes out. He is gonna be special.

If we could only be so "Luck"y.

I sure hope this kid finds his way into a Bills uniform.

Franchise QB...enough said.

I have watched a good number on Stanford games this season, and I swear he is getting better every game. He just looks more and more confident. He even looks like a pro handing the ball off.

I really think he has pulled himself above the other QBs in NCAA (other than the Newton phenomenon).

I have seen a few of both Luck's and Mallett's games, and I've come to a conclusion. This is 1998 all over again. Luck is Manning. Mallett is Leaf. Period. If we have the 1st pick and Luck comes out, let's not over think this decision.

I have watched a good number on Stanford games this season, and I swear he is getting better every game. He just looks more and more confident. He even looks like a pro handing the ball off.

I really think he has pulled himself above the other QBs in NCAA (other than the Newton phenomenon).

I don't know if you're saying Newton is the better pro prospect or the better college player. I personally think that Luck's pro career is going to dwarf that of Newton's.

I have seen a few of both Luck's and Mallett's games, and I've come to a conclusion. This is 1998 all over again. Luck is Manning. Mallett is Leaf. Period. If we have the 1st pick and Luck comes out, let's not over think this decision.

I don't know if you're saying Newton is the better pro prospect or the better college player. I personally think that Luck's pro career is going to dwarf that of Newton's.

I would also add Moore into that discussion as a wildcard.

seriously, i am literally having anxiety over the Bills picking the wrong QB

The comparison is apt. There is much to Ponder...

Im on board with you.

Just that all the attention of QBs has been focused on Newton due to Auburn's record and his sick stats.... and now the contraversy.

The comparison is apt. There is much to Ponder...

I haven't seen Ponder much at all, the one game I saw early in the season he looked AWFUL. I'm not going to judge him on one performance, I would love to hear people's opinion on him if they've seen him at any length. He seems to me like a guy that could be had in the 2nd or 3rd round from what I've heard...

I think it's amazing how highly touted Locker was all last year and even the beginning of this year and now he isn't even mentioned in the discussion!

I think all that attention was based on potential and hype, he has yet at any point shown to me to be a QB at the next level. He struggles mightily in games vs tough competition, and that always turns me off about college QBs.

i'm flipping back and forth from ESPN (mallett) to ABC (luck)

and i am very impressed with both

Same here...

Honestly watching these 2 I don't see how The Bills could go wrong with either...Mallett's arm is ridiculous though...And I know Mallett takes a lot of flack for being immobile, but I think he's shown the ability to move around in the pocket just enough vs. SC's Pass Rush...

I'm not saying he has the same ability, but for whatever reason Luck reminds me of Peyton Manning...Maybe it's his footwork, I'm not sure...

I swear I don't care...just get one of them...It's glaringly obvious these 2 elevate the Play of their teammates...I'm not saying either is going to be the next Manning cause let's face it, it's a crap shoot no matter what...But it will give The Bills an excitement from a Player coming in they have not had since #12...And right now that's PLENTY enough for me... B-)

This is 1998 all over again. Luck is Manning. Mallett is Leaf. Period.

Your stance is quite strong, but I am going to respectfully disagree.

Admittedly, my record wrt qbs isn't great; I pay more attention to blockers. That said, Mallett is the most talented QB I have seen in decades. He makes throws that do not seem possible for humans to make. He comes with risk, but he seems more suited for Buffalo than any QB I have ever seen.

I would like to watch Mallett throw 40 yard square outs, 70 yard bombs, and 25 yard check downs to Buffalo Bills receivers. Sounds good, no? :thumbsup:

seriously there is a very good chance Mallet/ Luck at least 1 of them will be a future pro-bowler. they just seem to have so much talent and potential. i just hope to heck the bills choose wisely.

if you think things are bad now... imagine the mentality here if we have Ryan Leaf v. 2.0 for the next 5 years. good God.

I think it's amazing how highly touted Locker was all last year and even the beginning of this year and now he isn't even mentioned in the discussion!

I'm hoping that Luck sees this and it motivates him to come out. It's been said that Locker was possibly the number one pick if he came out last year. Surely, top three - now he won't be top three rounds probably.

I also wonder if the labor problems would make Luck decide to come out, before a rookie salary cap.

I think those are our only two hopes with him (I guess a third one is that Harbaugh leaves and he says screw it). I know his father (Oliver Luck - former NFL backup and now WVU AD) has said that he should stay in school, and I think Andrew has said as much.

I'm hoping that Luck sees this and it motivates him to come out. It's been said that Locker was possibly the number one pick if he came out last year. Surely, top three - now he won't be top three rounds probably.

I also wonder if the labor problems would make Luck decide to come out, before a rookie salary cap.

I think those are our only two hopes with him (I guess a third one is that Harbaugh leaves and he says screw it). I know his father (Oliver Luck - former NFL backup and now WVU AD) has said that he should stay in school, and I think Andrew has said as much.

an example of this for us on a more personal level, is look at Brain Brohm's college career and his decision to stick around...