Keith Olbamerman suspended.

Gary M

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUTILITY!

Olbermann is, I mean was :lol:, so ridiculous, and so unprofessional, but that is not why this happened.

The reason is: he was allowed to get away with unprofessional behavior for so long by NBC. You have to set standards for your people, and you not only have to enforce them, you have to make sure that they see the value in those standards.

This Griffin guy didn't do any of that, AND,

Griffin also tweaked rival network Fox over the contributions. “Show me an example of us fundraising,” Griffin told The New York Times last month.

Olbermann made him look like a fool because of it.

This is the main reason why Olbermann is suspended.

OCinBuffalo's Rule #2 for Rookie Consultants: Never surprise your manager, and never means never.

As much as I can't stand the guy, I don't see why he should be suspended. It's not like he's an objective news reporter. Sean Hannity freely admits that he makes contributions to conservative candidates and the reason it's not a problem is because he's a conservative commentator.

I wonder if MSNBC is just looking for any reason to dump him.

wonder if the radical conservative far right here will make the same stink for Olbermann that they raised for that idiot Juan Williams? Somehow I doubt it. Most of the morons here wouldn't know the corporate conservative biased mainstream media if it bit them in the ass.

wonder if the radical conservative far right here will make the same stink for Olbermann that they raised for that idiot Juan Williams? Somehow I doubt it. Most of the morons here wouldn't know the corporate conservative biased mainstream media if it bit them in the ass.

I'm not a radical conservative but I bet they would ask you:

What's the parallel? Williams was fired for doing his job, and for doing something he has been doing for the last 10 years. Olbermann was immediately fired for flagrantly breaking company policy, in a way that made his boss look ridiculous.

Why should anyone react the same exact way to 2 situations that have absolutely nothing in common other than "guy got fired"?

As much as I can't stand the guy, I don't see why he should be suspended. It's not like he's an objective news reporter. Sean Hannity freely admits that he makes contributions to conservative candidates and the reason it's not a problem is because he's a conservative commentator.

I wonder if MSNBC is just looking for any reason to dump him.

He violated his employer's code of conduct.

The code of conduct itself I think is bull ****...but he did violate it.

Because the two situations are so alike. :rolleyes:

I just farted.

And that still sounded more intelligent than your post

Someone sounds bitter. That "Shellacking" must of hurt :lol:

Funny, I would have expected you to parrot Rachel Maddow's commentary tonight that this is proof positive that MSNBC is a real news organization simply because Fox would never have a policy like this.

Yes. That's what she said. MSNBC. Real news organization. Because Fox (fill in the blank, blah, blah, blah, Fox had 7 million views on Tuesday, while Keith and Maddow had 27, blah, blah, blah.)

Come to think of it, if we compare your comment to hers, you almost come within the realm of having a point.

Wait.

No you don't. It always just sounds like "May I mommy dog face to the banana patch?"

FUTILITY!

Olbermann is, I mean was :lol:, so ridiculous, and so unprofessional, but that is not why this happened.

The reason is: he was allowed to get away with unprofessional behavior for so long by NBC. You have to set standards for your people, and you not only have to enforce them, you have to make sure that they see the value in those standards.

This Griffin guy didn't do any of that, AND,

Olbermann made him look like a fool because of it.

This is the main reason why Olbermann is suspended.

OCinBuffalo's Rule #2 for Rookie Consultants: Never surprise your manager, and never means never.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/09/23/bachmann_hannity_donation

wonder if the radical conservative far right here will make the same for Stink Olbermann that they raised for that idiot Juan Williams? Somehow I doubt it. Most of the morons here wouldn't know the corporate conservative biased mainstream media if it bit them in the ass.

Personally, I wish Stink would give all his money to politicians. Every last penny.

He violated his employer's code of conduct.

The code of conduct itself I think is bull ****...but he did violate it.

Because the two situations are so alike. :rolleyes:

Sounds like MSNBC is going through some major behind the scenes drama. Bill Kristol says "Keep Keith!"...

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2010/11/05/msnbc-suspends-keith-olbermann-indefinitely-secret-democrat-donation