How many games do you want the Bills to win this year?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see no one wants us to go 0-16 just to get the first pick. I know this year has been embarassing enough but becoming the second team to go 0-16 would be a historical level of humiliation. I am hoping for 9 wins (even though I know it won't happen).

If the answer isn't 9 then why even bother watching any of the games? :unsure:

I said 2. But I also said I don't root for us to lose. So, ultimately I just watch to see if we can win...but if we were to start winning too much...I'd be concerned. In the end, the problem arises since we are no longer the clear cut worst team in the nfl. We are still close but there is now a legitimate chance we could draft 4 or 5 IMO and if that is the difference between Luck and no-Luck...that would suck. Bottom line.

I am new to the board and I find it hard to believe the answer would not be "9"

With all the talk about not wanting Randy Moss because he MIGHT screw up are chance at the #1 selection in the draft. I just had to ask the question?

Well....I need to know? Try to be honest! :huh:

How many games do you want the Bills to win?

If you answer is less then 9, No Christams card for you!

I've had a pattern of Bills fan-dom I developed way back in 1973, the first winning season the Bills ever had that I was old enough to be aware of. Through all these years, it has never changed:

(1) I "want" them to win enough games to earn a wild card.

(2) I "want" them to win enough games to win the division.

(3) I "want" them to win enough games to clinch home field till the SB.

(4) I "want" them to win the two or three playoff games.

(5) I "want" them to win the SB game. (Sadly we all know I'm 0-4 in that regard!! :cry: )

So as pathetic as this is (you asked)I still "want" them to win 9 games and somehow earn a wildcard berth. :w00t::beer::bag:

Now mail me my Christmas card.

All of them!

Why? 3 reasons.

1. Losing sucks and it is not enjoyable.

2. I'd rather be a 9-7 team with the 21st pick than 2-14 with the 1st pick. The goal is to get better. 9-7 > 2-14 with expensive crapshoot rookie.

3. Madden Franchise Mode may have dulled peoples' perceptions, but a team's record does not exist in a vacuum. Cash still rules, but you'd be wise not to underestimate the importance of our team's perception amongst the league's players (both on other teams and our own). You think Buffalo is unattractive to FAs? It is. Yeah it's cold and small and Dave & Busters is the only game in town ;) , but more importantly, it is a franchise cloaked in failure (credit that line to Jerry Maguire). Winning breeds enthusiasm, losing breeds indifference. Once a losing culture has become entrenched, it is very hard to wash off the stink (I'm a Notre Dame fan, I might know a bit about this). This team slept-walked last year. You saw it. I saw it. T.O. saw it. Why do you think he freaked out during the Tennessee game? He wasn't used to it. Jauron was. The team was.

Now if this team fights its everloving ass off and only pulls out 3 wins, I'll stand proud. But if they are 3-10, you won't ever catch me hoping for 3 more losses. It's this type of thinking that perpetuates the cycle. That some shiny new toy is going to fix us and if we have to throw in the towel to get an even shinier one, then that's okay.

I don't buy it. The goal is to win every play, every series, every quarter, every game you play. And I can't enjoy rooting for anything else.

Edited by bartshan-83

The fan in me says I want them to win all of their remaining games.

The reasonable person in me knows they are out of the playoff hunt, and I secretly hope they don't win enough to ruin their chances at the best draft possible...

Tough to balance the two...

I predicted 3-13 at the beginning of the season and have been dead on or one off for the last 6 years and being close on my predictions has been about the only pleasure the Bills have been giving me lately- but I suppose even that is in danger as the Bills look fully capable of going 0-16.

Every one that's left!!!

How could the answer be anything else?

Why would the answer be anything else?

The answer to Moss is NO because you bring in risk and that area of the team isn't presently the main concern.

+3

I would be for our trying to bring in a quality OLB - someone who could cover a TE like a blanket