Moss released. Bills first in line.

Would rather have Fitz play out the 9 game stretch with Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, and Steve Johnson rather then a washed up Moss who is just going to use the Bills as a tryout and B word and moan all the while.

+1

We already went through that, with a more motivated Terrell Owens, last year...it didn't make the Bills any better...let the Rams, or some other team have him...

From Tuesday's early edition of the Buffalo News:

Here's what Gailey had to say when asked whether the Bills would have any interest in receiver Randy Moss, who was waived Monday by the Minnesota Vikings:

"Hey, we evaluate everything every day, but I don't know if that would be a fit or not. I'm sure [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I will talk about it. We talk about 'em all."

From Tuesday's early edition of the Buffalo News:

Here's what Gailey had to say when asked whether the Bills would have any interest in receiver Randy Moss, who was waived Monday by the Minnesota Vikings:

"Hey, we evaluate everything every day, but I don't know if that would be a fit or not. I'm sure [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I will talk about it. We talk about 'em all."

Someone should wake up Nix and ask him if he is interested :lol:

I kinda doubt Moss will clear waivers, Tenn lost Kenny Britt and could use him

Edited by Harvey lives

Yes clearly we could not use Moss. We have Steve Johnson already. What was I thinking? Also, with the Terrell Owens comparisons, I did not realize we got better without him as we dropped to 0-7 this week. Owens and Lee Evans could have been a great tandem, just like Moss and Evans could. Do I think there is one in a million chance that the Bills would pull the trigger on something like this? Of course not! But to sit there and act like this would not be a great pickup and a huge upgrade is such ignorance. The Bills offense showed flashes of greatness with T.O in the game last year vs Miami and Jacksonville. There is a reason that these guys are future hall of fame players, and we are bringing up practice squad guys to our starting lineup.

Edited by coseybedaman

Yes clearly we could not use Moss. We have Steve Johnson already. What was I thinking? Also, with the Terrell Owens comparisons, I did not realize we got better without him as we dropped to 0-7 this week. Owens and Lee Evans could have been a great tandem, just like Moss and Evans could. Do I think there is one in a million chance that the Bills would pull the trigger on something like this? Of course not! But to sit there and act like this would not be a great pickup and a huge upgrade is such ignorance. The Bills offense showed flashes of greatness with T.O in the game last year vs Miami and Jacksonville. There is a reason that these guys are future hall of fame players, and we are bringing up practice squad guys to our starting lineup.

I don't know what you were thinking when you made this idiotic post. This isn't Madden '11 where you can just plug in a guy with a 94 rating and not worry about any off-field repercussions.

Let's break this down:

-First, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots, a team thin at wide receiver, decided it best to ship out their most explosive player--- because they felt it would actually improve their team. Hard to argue now that they stand at 6-1, the NFL's best record.

-The Minnesota Vikings, a desperate team with injury issues at wide receiver, a team slowly watching both their division title hopes and even their playoff aspirations dwindling to near nothing, a team that already sacrificed a 3rd round draft pick in exchange for Moss---- decided after 3 weeks that Moss could not help their team!

-Randy Moss characteristically gave up on a catchable ball that would have easily been a TD (which indirectly led to Brett Favre being knocked out of the game on the next play), then gave the most bizarre post game press conference since Dennis Green told the world that Dick Jauron's Chicago Bears "were who we thought they were". Brad Childress has reportedly now lost the team and the Vikings season has gone up in flames.

And you're saying this gentleman will help an 0-7 Buffalo Bills team in full rebuilding mode? Help them do what, exactly? Randy Moss is 33 years old, likely does not want to play in Buffalo, and even if he did, is he playing here beyond 2010? Is he still going to be effective whenever the team around him is a genuine contender? And if so, what has he shown in 2010 that he will contribute aside from on-field apathy and major off-field headaches????

In 2010, Stevie Johnson has more receptions, more yards, more touchdowns, and monumentally fewer headaches than Randy Moss---- not to mention he's 9 years younger and has proven he'd run through a brick wall to help this team. WTF else do you want, exactly?

I'll hang up and listen.

Thinking that the play of our WR corps is what has us at 0-7 is the largest example of ignorance in this thread

Randy Moss has 22 receptions while playing with 2 HOF QBs

Steve Johnson has 30

Lee Evans has 26

Roscoe Parrish has 26

all with a journeyman QB who replaced a timid bust after 2 games

Yeah...let's get someone who had great QBs throwing to him but still couldn't do as well as any of our top 3 WRs :rolleyes:

Oh, and Moss has played in 8 games this season....our WRs have only played 7

Edited by The_Philster

Sorry. This is discussed in another thread. My bad. Anyone know-how to delete this one?

Scroll all the way down, to the bottom of the page. On the right side you'll see a box called "Topic Moderation". That will drop down to give you two options, either "Close" or Delete" topic. Select which one you want, then hit the "Go" button next to it.