Syracuse University 2010-11 Basketball

bills44

only reason(s) i say that the rutgers game was a good game was because (a) rutgers is a gritty team, and (b), SU seems to not be able to close out tight games as of late...that game they kept fighting and didn't roll over...players stepped up and made plays when they needed to.

I wouldn't consider Rutgers at home in OT a great win and I'm not sure how significant the double bye is.

Last night felt good though. I thought the refs were going to go USSR in the '72 olympics and keep giving them chances to score until it was at least tied.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the refs were going to go USSR in the '72 olympics and keep giving them chances to score until it was at least tied.

Good--I thought it was only me who noticed the horrendous officiating. It was bad all around, but they really missed some obvious fouls on Cuse players. Triche gets mugged every time he goes to the rim. And Nova players push a ton when rebounding.

Overall, though, best win of the season. Good defense; better guard play; and beating an opponent on the road who typically has owned us.

Pooj, Rutgers has a nice homecourt but they are awful on the road. We did not quit in the L'ville/Nova/Marquette losses either. I guess not quitting just doesn't do a ton for me.

Good--I thought it was only me who noticed the horrendous officiating. It was bad all around, but they really missed some obvious fouls on Cuse players. Triche gets mugged every time he goes to the rim. And Nova players push a ton when rebounding.

Overall, though, best win of the season. Good defense; better guard play; and beating an opponent on the road who typically has owned us.

I mean it's pretty normal for the home team to get calls particularly when they are trailing. It just doesn't seem like we get the same level of help when we're behind in the dome. Of course I am biased.

I'd say it's up their with Uconn 'cause we never win there. St. John's looking good too. A win @Gtown gives us a pretty sick quartet of road wins, probably as good as anyone's.

I'd say it's up their with Uconn 'cause we never win there. St. John's looking good too. A win @Gtown gives us a pretty sick quartet of road wins, probably as good as anyone's.

I think the AP article on the game said we are #1 in terms of most wins against ranked opponents this year...which kind of floored me.

I think we go and beat G-Town. Strangely, this team seems better on the road.

JB's comments in that article are 100% correct. It's ridiculous that the Gottliebs of the world pretend like non-league games in November somehow help you in March.

His dealings with the local media otoh are flat out embarrassing. Danny Parkins (the radio show he referenced) is ripping apart his fabricated version of a recent interview, and rightfully so.

Another quality road win; don't let the doubters say it was b/c Chris Wright was out. Wright's overrated.

Frankly, we should have won the one against them in the Carrier Dome--still unsure how we lost that one.

I liked JB trying to go with guys like Southerland and Fab late-- but Fab was just a disaster out there late in the game.

Cuse is looking good at the right time of the year. SU and UNC are two teams that you don't want to see in the big dance

Agreed, I think you can add kansas St. to that list also. Pullen has been playing out of his mind for the last month or so. They are going to be a tough out.

'Cuse played terrible tonight, and as bad as 'Cuse played, UConn was tough as nails. SU made terrible shots, Triche was short rimming everything, and they just didn't seem to be hustling too much. Not sure if they were laying down to save their energy for the real prize, but it was just an ugly game for Syracuse tonight...I think with 5 games in 5 days, UConn is gonna be toast for the big tourney. Oh Well!

'Cuse played terrible tonight, and as bad as 'Cuse played, UConn was tough as nails. SU made terrible shots, Triche was short rimming everything, and they just didn't seem to be hustling too much. Not sure if they were laying down to save their energy for the real prize, but it was just an ugly game for Syracuse tonight...I think with 5 games in 5 days, UConn is gonna be toast for the big tourney. Oh Well!

Actually, I think this may be just what they needed after a several-game slide.

Kemba Walker seems to have found some rhythm again. Having a slump isn't disastrous as long as you peak again at the right time.

Some quality minutes for freshman Olander tonight --- he went to my high school alma mater!

Shot selection in the first half was horrible--but I thought they bounced back and played a good game, esp. when they started getting the ball to Jackson.

I told my buddy before the tournament that UConn was going to win this thing; Walker is a big time player and a perfect guy to carry your team to a tournament win. He did this in Maui this year; he's doing it in the BET; and I wouldn't be surprised if he singlehandedly carried UConn to Elite 8 (or further) in tournament.

Frustrating game - so many missed layups/FT's, the blown goaltending, bogus charge and other bad calls. For someone who supposedly had a chip on his shoulder, how about you stop missing dunks Rick. I can't stand Walker's theatrical Reggie Miller flips, but he's obv. a helluva player.

I don't think this team is really intelligent or efficient enough in their halfcourt offense to make a serious run.

The little bit of the first half i was able to stay awake for was awesome, apparently they let them back in but then pulled away. Rick Jackson, CJ Fair and Dion Waiters looked like they stepped up big time. Glad the Marquette game is on at a reasonable hour on sunday. I have a chance of staying awake for it....