Syracuse University 2010-11 Basketball

bills44

But I'm always a bit embarrassed by the fact that JB doesn't challenge his kids with some tougher road games in December. I'm sure that he'd like to, but filling up all those seats in the Dome as many times as possible is an important consideration for a private school in CNY.

I get what you're saying, but I also don't think it's a fair point in recent years. The tourney committee smacked SU badly for their weak non-conf schedule several years ago. Since then, JB has had a much strong non-conf schedule, usually playing at least one or two top-25 teams early. Was it last year or the year before that they scheduled Kansas in Kansas City, and played Maryland and Virginia on the road? This year they had MSU in the Garden. Not sure it makes sense to kill yourself early when you have to play 7-8 top-25 teams in BE play.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Cuse 66% from the floor. They dominated the over-matched Dragons on both ends. Drexel had no solution for the 3-2 zone and the Orange were cleaning the glass against one of the top 10 rebounding teams in the nation.

I get what you're saying, but I also don't think it's a fair point in recent years. The tourney committee smacked SU badly for their weak non-conf schedule several years ago. Since then, JB has had a much strong non-conf schedule, usually playing at least one or two top-25 teams early. Was it last year or the year before that they scheduled Kansas in Kansas City, and played Maryland and Virginia on the road? This year they had MSU in the Garden. Not sure it makes sense to kill yourself early when you have to play 7-8 top-25 teams in BE play.

Neutral site games aren't the same. Especially when you're playing Izzo's team at MSG. Half the school is from Long Island. What do you think the mood of that crowd will be? There's a reason the Orange are playing in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium. It's like Georgetown saying a game at the Verizon Center is a neutral site game.

Top-25 teams playing on the road tonight: Villanova @ Monmouth, Louisville @ Western Kentucky, Kansas @ Cal, San Diego St @ IUPUI, Missouri @ Illinois, Texas @ Michigan St. There's even a match-up of two of those teams "no one wants to play" with Xavier at Gonzaga.

But I get your point.

I thought it was a weird game too. Thought they played ok, Providence didn't really shoot the lights out, and yet somehow it was a 4pt game with 3 min's left? :unsure: Not sure how I feel about that. Should get a good test from ND on Saturday, who plays G'town tonight.

edit: woot 5k posts!

Edited by BuffOrange

• 3 weeks later...

what a great game by the Orange today! With Joseph going down at the end of the 1st, the freshmen really stepped up in the second half. Melo was stellar, nice to see him step up. Southerland was incredible. Not sure why Triche wasn't in there at the end. Jackson just continues to dominate. Gonna be a tough week and not sure how much of that week Joseph will be involved in. Pitt on Monday and Nova on saturday....

GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!

what a great game by the Orange today! With Joseph going down at the end of the 1st, the freshmen really stepped up in the second half. Melo was stellar, nice to see him step up. Southerland was incredible. Not sure why Triche wasn't in there at the end. Jackson just continues to dominate. Gonna be a tough week and not sure how much of that week Joseph will be involved in. Pitt on Monday and Nova on saturday....

GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!

The Orange showed some dominance today. Bearcats calmly climbed their way back into the game, but the 2nd half belonged to the 'Cuse. It's nice that Carmelo (the original 'Melo) donated all that cash to the University but I'd like to see him come back someday as a graduate.

Pitt on Monday will be a tough one. IMHO, the outcome won't matter as much as the fact that they'll finally take on a good opponent on the road (Triche saved their butts at the Hall).

Note: The 'Cuse is now 48-5 over the last two seasons.

Whoa. :huh:

Plus my parents get the still shot in the pinstripe trophy video...plus they are at the :30 mark!

The Orange showed some dominance today. Bearcats calmly climbed their way back into the game, but the 2nd half belonged to the 'Cuse. It's nice that Carmelo (the original 'Melo) donated all that cash to the University but I'd like to see him come back someday as a graduate.

Pitt on Monday will be a tough one. IMHO, the outcome won't matter as much as the fact that they'll finally take on a good opponent on the road (Triche saved their butts at the Hall).

Note: The 'Cuse is now 48-5 over the last two seasons.

Whoa. :huh:

I don't ever remember an SU team that rebounded better. For once we're getting more 2nd/3rd chance looks than the other team (at least it never seemed that way in the past). Pitt is basically a house $ game, particularly if Joseph can't play. Hopefully he is ok and ready for the Nova game at least.

Boehiem is already saying he doubts JK will be ready for Monday

I don't ever remember an SU team that rebounded better. For once we're getting more 2nd/3rd chance looks than the other team (at least it never seemed that way in the past). Pitt is basically a house $ game, particularly if Joseph can't play. Hopefully he is ok and ready for the Nova game at least.

Yikes...what a first half...glad they were able to fight all the way back...now lets do it in the 2nd half. Need Triche to step up a bit...need Southerland to carry Uncle Mo'. Would like to see more presence inside from the big men....

GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!

That's mostly because they've been the better team, with the exception of last year.

Nah, not really.

JB is a one-trick pony...seems like Pitt can get whatever shot they want, for the most part. Lucky for SU, aside from Gibbs and Wanamaker, Pitt isn't good offensively.

Pitt will probably win tonight, but they're nothing special. Just like every year, they'll **** their pants in the NCAAs.

i can take solace in knowing that with Joseph, I don't think this game would have been close. I think SU would have won big. Joseph makes that defense the defense that it is. Southerland is too soft. With Joseph, Melo and Keita are able to get away with their inexperience and free up Jackson. Great game by the freshman today....Scoop missed too many easy shots. 'We'll' get 'em next time...now 'let's' take out Nova on saturday

Nah, not really.

JB is a one-trick pony...seems like Pitt can get whatever shot they want, for the most part. Lucky for SU, aside from Gibbs and Wanamaker, Pitt isn't good offensively.

Pitt will probably win tonight, but they're nothing special. Just like every year, they'll **** their pants in the NCAAs.

Yes, really. They have been an elite reg. season program since Dixon has been there, while 'Cuse until two years ago had been barely better than mediocre during that same time period.

i can take solace in knowing that with Joseph, I don't think this game would have been close. I think SU would have won big. Joseph makes that defense the defense that it is. Southerland is too soft. With Joseph, Melo and Keita are able to get away with their inexperience and free up Jackson. Great game by the freshman today....Scoop missed too many easy shots. 'We'll' get 'em next time...now 'let's' take out Nova on saturday

I wouldn't go that far, but I would like our chances vs. them with KJ on a neutral court. Unfortunately chalk never seems to hold in the BE tourney.

Edited by BuffOrange

Yes, really. They have been an elite reg. season program since Dixon has been there, while 'Cuse until two years ago had been barely better than mediocre during that same time period.

No, not really. How many wins differentiate "elite" teams from "mediocre" ones?

Bottom line, Dixon owns the 2-3. Tonight, the vaunted 2-3 let a 6-5 PF put up 21 points on 8-12 shooting