Syracuse University 2010-11 Basketball

bills44

Not only has 'Cuse lost four in a row, they have held the lead for less than two minutes comibined in those four games (during an early trade of buckets with Villanova in which the Orange gave up a basket every time they took the lead...they never had the lead and possesion in the early part of that game. And of course they never lead against Pitt, Hall or Marquette.)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not only is the dion waiters rumor floating around, but i also heard Rick Jackson clocked Scoop in the locker room after one of the recent games...keep in mind, i haven't seen any proof...just heard if from someone(my dad)...says that scoop is out partying til all hours and shows up 1/2 before games and is not in the best playing shape....

who knows...

I'd guess that Southerland was effectively "suspended" yesterday along with Waiters.

I'm really not sure why Boeheim said that nobody was suspended. It's pretty clear that, at the very least, Waiters was.

This season has become a cluster!@#$ of epic proportions. Feels like '01-'02 all over again.

Four game losing streak--panic time!!

I actually thought Syracuse played well, esp in second half. Game was tied and I believe Marquette drained two really hard 3's to win it basically. Hats off to them--they made the shots at the end.

Also, what was up with the officiating? Horrible!! Our guys were getting mauled on drives and rebounds and no calls? The Fab flagrant was a good example; he swung his elbow because the defender fouled him and had locked up his arm. Not the best crew out there...

Official panic time was the Seton Hall disaster. I mean it's easy to trash this team now after 4 straight L's, but really the other 3 in isolation weren't so bad. The Hall game was just a killer. I don't come away with a lesser opinion of them after yesterday's game because you're right; Marquette played well and the officiating was a joke.

On another note, does anyone else think Fair is our 3rd best player?

Edited by BuffOrange

Official panic time was the Seton Hall disaster. I mean it's easy to trash this team now after 4 straight L's, but really the other 3 in isolation weren't so bad. The Hall game was just a killer. I don't come away with a lesser opinion of them after yesterday's game because you're right; Marquette played well and the officiating was a joke.

On another note, does anyone else think Fair is our 3rd best player?

What's amazing about it is that Fair has been that good all year. His efficiency (i.e., impact for his numer of minutes) is outstanding. Not sure why he hasn't been the first guy off the bench since game 1 (though it seems JB is finally coming around to that realization).

who knows if its true...the philly - ac connection is definitely plausible...i hear rumors that his father had 100K on a recent game...if true, scoops family has entrenched themselves as scum of the earth...wasn't it his uncle that got him in trouble a couple of years ago? not saying scoop is an angel, but with family like that(allegedly) who needs enemies... :censored:

hate to think that this is remotely true, but I've read rumors of point shaving involving Scoop.

:bag:

who knows if its true...the philly - ac connection is definitely plausible...i hear rumors that his father had 100K on a recent game...if true, scoops family has entrenched themselves as scum of the earth...wasn't it his uncle that got him in trouble a couple of years ago? not saying scoop is an angel, but with family like that(allegedly) who needs enemies... :censored:

yep, it was Scoop's Uncle who was allegedly downing cheesesteaks on a stolen student meal card.

Matt Mulcahy the local anchor in Syracuse is saying a blogger has apologized for making up the rumor...although in his apology he sited a couple other sites that had the same rumor....i just hope it isnt true

yep, it was Scoop's Uncle who was allegedly downing cheesesteaks on a stolen student meal card.

hate to think that this is remotely true, but I've read rumors of point shaving involving Scoop.

:bag:

Scoop isn't good enough to shave points...seriously.

In any event, great must-win tonight. It was won by the bigs in the trenches just scrapping it out, and some timely shooting late by Triche.

Keita needs to start; for him to get 11 boards against UConn was huge.

Edited by JR In Ann Arbor

Just what the doctor ordered-- blowout win against USF.

I also think we're seeing how this team needs to play to win--getting mean and physical and controlling the paint. It's a real departure from Cuse b-ball of old--but Jackson's rebounding dominance and great efforts from guys like Fair and Keita on the boards--that's what's been key.

I am really pulling for Melo to survive...i would imagine he is teachable as you can see he has skills...i hope he doesn't get discouraged by Boeheim hounding him like he seems to do...

apparently southerland has fallen out of grace...Yikes......

Now to prepare for the frigging Hoyas

Just what the doctor ordered-- blowout win against USF.

I also think we're seeing how this team needs to play to win--getting mean and physical and controlling the paint. It's a real departure from Cuse b-ball of old--but Jackson's rebounding dominance and great efforts from guys like Fair and Keita on the boards--that's what's been key.

I'm starting to think this team is snake bit.

Cuse played a good game against Georgetown and should have won (not sure how they didn't).

Then Louisville is just raining 30-foot three's? Who does that? And watch--L-ville will shoot 25% for 3 against their next opponent...

Yah I really think we hit a perfect storm of lousy perimeter defense, lousy halfcourt offense, and some pretty bad luck. I mean Lol @ the flopping charge calls on Rick in the G'town game in addition to some of the ridiculous 3's against us.

Interestingly Lunardi still has us as a 5 seed. Hard to imagine we can drop much further if we just hold serve vs. Rutgers & Depaul; obv. it'd be nice to get another road win or two.

Great 2 game stretch for Cuse...great win against Rutgers in OT....they just kept fighting back...overcame some scrappy play against Nova tonight and had to put up with questionable officiating on both sides..gotta stay in that #4 spot....go for the double bye in the big east.....

Great 2 game stretch for Cuse...great win against Rutgers in OT....they just kept fighting back...overcame some scrappy play against Nova tonight and had to put up with questionable officiating on both sides..gotta stay in that #4 spot....go for the double bye in the big east.....

I wouldn't consider Rutgers at home in OT a great win and I'm not sure how significant the double bye is.

Last night felt good though. I thought the refs were going to go USSR in the '72 olympics and keep giving them chances to score until it was at least tied.

Edited by BuffOrange