What does CJ Spiller have to do to be Jamaal Charles?

zow2

I mean it seems like CJ has all the tools, but wow, Charles has the vision and smoothness when he runs that I'd like to see out of CJ. Still seeing a bit too much zig zagging out of Spiller which slows him down and allows the pursuit to catch up to him, meanwhile Charles uses his speed to glide around the edge or through holes. I know Charles also has a better Oline, but still, he'd probably being doing alot more if he were wearing a Bills uniform too.

I mean it seems like CJ has all the tools, but wow, Charles has the vision and smoothness when he runs that I'd like to see out of CJ. Still seeing a bit too much zig zagging out of Spiller which slows him down and allows the pursuit to catch up to him, meanwhile Charles uses his speed to glide around the edge or through holes. I know Charles also has a better Oline, but still, he'd probably being doing alot more if he were wearing a Bills uniform too.

One guy has holes to run through, the other guy is looking for holes to run through. Guess which guy is which?

2) Play the Bills every week.

PTR

Ha. You beat me to it!

I call the Bills D the "star-makers" because every week they make someone on the opposing teams offense look like a superstar...this week it was Jamaal Charles.

what does spiller have to do? first of all he needs to get some carries. don't care if the o-line stinks or not, he's a top ten draft pick. lets see what he can do. we're obviously not going anywhere, why wait with this kid. if he's not where they want him to be right now, that doesn't say much about our "front office", once again...

A busted draft choice is a busted draft choice. Whether it is because Spiller isn't as good as we thought or whether it is because our coaches don't know how to use him, the simple fact is no top 10 running back selection in modern memory has done less to contribute in their first half season in the league.

It is starting to get suspicious how little we are using him. Many quarterbacks are out-carrying and out-rushing him. And as someone else said, it isn't like we have Walter Payton in front of him. But even if we did, picking another running back that high is a busted selection.

Spiller is averaging almost 4.5 ypc with the limited touches he is getting. If you feed him the ball 20+ times in a game, he will break at least 1 and he would be one of the best backs in the league (if you gave him 20+ carries per game). I truly believe that.

But, when they are only giving him 3-4 carries a game, there is no chance for him to get a feel for the game and get into a rhythm. I guarantee you if you gave it to him 20 times, he would be well over 100 yards just about every time.

So, yeah.....to answer your question......give him the ball 20+ times in a game and he will be the RB we all know he can be.

Edited by sven233

Spiller is averaging almost 4.5 ypc with the limited touches he is getting. If you feed him the ball 20+ times in a game, he will break at least 1 and he would be one of the best backs in the league (if you gave him 20+ carries per game). I truly believe that.

But, when they are only giving him 3-4 carries a game, there is no chance for him to get a feel for the game and get into a rhythm. I guarantee you if you gave it to him 20 times, he would be well over 100 yards just about every time.

So, yeah.....to answer your question......give him the ball 20+ times in a game and he will be the RB we all know he can be.

exactly

Spiller has a line that simply opens very few holes, compared what the opposition does to us. Our D line and LB's are horribly lacking.

Spiller also runs tentatively to me, he runs as much in and East West direction, and needs to temper that with a stronger does of North South running. Find your spot and go. Hard to give a guy more carries when ball security may be an issue as well.

This was the kind of game that is extremely demoralizing, one blown opportunity after another.

However, I do award a game ball to KC Haley and one for Weiss, for allowing Cassell to throw. Had they just simply ran the ball all day, our Bills would never have been in the game.