Maybe the football gods are smiling on us

zow2

Too many strange things are going on here. In a twist of fate reversal, I'm starting to believe that these last 2 weeks are critical in determining the future of this club. In the short term its hurtful, but if they had beaten Balt or KC, or both...it could have altered their draft position back to 3,4 or 5. Now they are still likely 1 or 2....plus they've played with tremendous heart against better teams and did everything but win. Five years from now the guy leading the team could be that 1 or 2 pick, that they would not have gotten if they won these last couple weeks. Anyway, just trying to bring some positive energy to this tough time.

Too many strange things are going on here. In a twist of fate reversal, I'm starting to believe that these last 2 weeks are critical in determining the future of this club. In the short term its hurtful, but if they had beaten Balt or KC, or both...it could have altered their draft position back to 3,4 or 5. Now they are still likely 1 or 2....plus they've played with tremendous heart against better teams and did everything but win. Five years from now the guy leading the team could be that 1 or 2 pick, that they would not have gotten if they won these last couple weeks. Anyway, just trying to bring some positive energy to this tough time.

It has gotten to the point where you start to wonder, are we TRYING for the #1 pick? "OK boys you've played good and competitive, but we're getting too close to winning this thing. If you get a chance to win it in OT, make sure you find a way to miss. Try not to make it look obvious, but seriously, we need these draft picks..."

It has gotten to the point where you start to wonder, are we TRYING for the #1 pick? "OK boys you've played good and competitive, but we're getting too close to winning this thing. If you get a chance to win it in OT, make sure you find a way to miss. Try not to make it look obvious, but seriously, we need these draft picks..."

I don't think all 53 players and the coaches are tanking games to earn high draft picks. If the (better) players mail it in they may be looking for a job elsewhere next spring. Of course they may feel that's not a bad thing, landing with a new team. However, I have to think many of these players want to be here to see this situation turn around completely. It would probably be that much more rewarding to those who stick it out when we win the Super Bowl.

(Wouldn't that make a nice pre-game feature in the future? A story on the core group of Bills that suffered through these years and are now on the cusp of winning the franchise's first NFL World Championship? They could reference the lean years by showing Eddie Robinson getting 'deked' and LB Chris Kelsay getting spun around like a top.)

They could reference the lean years by showing Eddie Robinson getting 'deked' and LB Chris Kelsay getting spun around like a top.)

+1

Forgot about that one, the elusive Chad Pennington putting the moves on Eddie and walking into the endzone. One of the low points of the Williams era produced by the 'coach on the field'.

Equally sad was seeing Kelsay, who is described as a 'leader', getting singled up and manhandled out of the play by a TE. Something that struck me as pitiful yet humorous at the same time from yesterday's game.

great analogy!

Yet extremely disturbing.

Nobody is trying to tank these games. It's unprofessional and I really can't see Gailey having any of that. Besides, if you're cut because of this with the hopes that you land with a contending team, what would that team think of you?

That is how I look at it. Hope to see progress with the young talent and coaching, but avoid that 4-7 win season. It's unfortunate but necessary that the season unfold as it has. Somebody's smiling down at us, so far.

Yet extremely disturbing.

Nobody is trying to tank these games. It's unprofessional and I really can't see Gailey having any of that. Besides, if you're cut because of this with the hopes that you land with a contending team, what would that team think of you?

I hate when people mention tanking. No one on this team is tanking it. That's why the football gods are on our side. They are TRYING to win and almost beating better teams. But some stroke of sheer luck is literally ripping these wins out of the teams' hands. And that will ultimately result in a prize winning pick in this coming draft.

yea - because lindell intended to hit the !@#$in upright in overtime...

get out of here with crap like this. it's ignorant and insulting.