AT 5-2 Haley and Cassel Are a Mess

Being as bad as the Buffalo Bills are, the KC Chiefs did not impress me at ALL. Other than the fact we have the worst defense in the league and KC can take advantage of our run defense, they showed nothing else. Other than Haley's obvious timeout for the field goal, his play calling was horrible and did not look like a NFL head coach. With Cassel walking back to sideline it look liked dumb and dumber out there..lol Cassel was HORRIBLE today and not worth the monster contract KC tied him up with.

I know we have a lot of problems including some coaching errors but the KC Chiefs are a fraud!

YOU SUCK KC! HEHEHE. :censored:

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Being as bad as the Buffalo Bills are, the KC Chiefs did not impress me at ALL. Other than the fact we have the worst defense in the league and KC can take advantage of our run defense, they showed nothing else. Other than Haley's obvious timeout for the field goal, his play calling was horrible looked lost out there. With Cassel walking back to sideline it look like dumb and dumber out there..lol Cassel was HORRIBLE and not worth the monster contract KC tied him up with.

I know we have a lot of problems including some coaching w team we are losers in Buffalo but the KC Chiefs are a fraud.

YOU SUCK KC! HEHEHE. :censored:

Guess what? they are 5-2 we are 0-7 and aren't going to improve with our current owner....oh and they just beat us.

And they beat us and we are 0-7.

Sure, they beat us and at this point probably are the better team but I don't think they are a great team, not even a good team for that matter. All I am pointing out is their record is VERY deceiving. Their QB is REALLY bad. I predict they crash and burn later in the year. Basically the point I am trying to make with this thread.

Sure, they beat us and at this point probably are the better team but I don't think they are a great team, not even a good team for that matter. All I am pointing out is their record is VERY deceiving. Their QB is REALLY bad. I predict they crash and burn later in the year. Basically the point I am trying to make with this thread.

And they beat us, so how bad does that make the Bills?

And we are 0-7 right now and aren't going to improve with Ralph at the helm. Remember, he is really, really sorry though...please keep paying him your hard earned money the next 3 years.

and another. You are more consistent than the team!

They are 5-2 and a mess? What does that make us a natural disaster? Wouldn't it be nice to be 5-2, you can could call us anything you want and it wouldn't matter.

I see a lot of disfunction between the HC and QB in that game. It would be nice to be 6-0 like the Denver Broncos were last year. At this current time, Denver Broncos fans would consider it a natural disaster. I see many similarities between the Bills good start to the season a few years ago, Denver Broncos of last year and the KC Chiefs of this year. Like the past few years each of these teams were frauds.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Hey, an owner comment. How long has it been?

and you think it's not relevant?...kc has an owner that appears to understand what is needed to win in the 21st century.. he went out and got a highly respected football exec for gm who brought in a good coaching staff (and fired an asst coach that we thought was a perfect hc for our team). the bills propaganda site even mentioned kc as a model of what the bills are trying to do this week but they refuse to spend on management and coaching talent in order to really imitate them. even if this isn't kc's year (and i'll bet they make the playoffs), they are miles ahead of the bills in developing a contender.

and you think it's not relevant?...kc has an owner that appears to understand what is needed to win in the 21st century.. he went out and got a highly respected football exec for gm who brought in a good coaching staff (and fired an asst coach that we thought was a perfect hc for our team). the bills propaganda site even mentioned kc as a model of what the bills are trying to do this week but they refuse to spend on management and coaching talent in order to really imitate them. even if this isn't kc's year (and i'll bet they make the playoffs), they are miles ahead of the bills in developing a contender.

Do you think if the Bills threw money at the problem they'd be winning? The Redskins have been doing just that for years and it hasn't brought them anywhere close to the promised land. They are 4-4 this year and maybe they've found the right combination but who's to say. Meanwhile, a team a lot of people think is "doing it the right way" is the Rams. They didn't go bet the farm on expensive coaching talent. They just found guys that they think are the right ones. And they were in a bad enough position to draft a good enough QB. It still might not yet work out for them.

BTW the Bills broke the bank for top managerial talent from Pittsburgh a few years back, giving him unprecedented control. How'd that work out? They gave Shanahan a big dog-and-pony show. If these big-money guys don't want to come here, and for the right reasons, why should we as fans want them here?

The problem for the Bills is years of ineptitude, years of bad decisions, some good decisions that backfired due to injuries, and in general a lack of emphasis on football decisions from the front office. The only way we'll see that change at this point is if Nix, Whaley and Gailey succeed. No white knight is riding in here to fix this thing for any amount of money. We'd best hope that the guys there right now are the right ones.

Do you think if the Bills threw money at the problem they'd be winning? The Redskins have been doing just that for years and it hasn't brought them anywhere close to the promised land. They are 4-4 this year and maybe they've found the right combination but who's to say. Meanwhile, a team a lot of people think is "doing it the right way" is the Rams. They didn't go bet the farm on expensive coaching talent. They just found guys that they think are the right ones. And they were in a bad enough position to draft a good enough QB. It still might not yet work out for them.

BTW the Bills broke the bank for top managerial talent from Pittsburgh a few years back, giving him unprecedented control. How'd that work out? They gave Shanahan a big dog-and-pony show. If these big-money guys don't want to come here, and for the right reasons, why should we as fans want them here?

The problem for the Bills is years of ineptitude, years of bad decisions, some good decisions that backfired due to injuries, and in general a lack of emphasis on football decisions from the front office. The only way we'll see that change at this point is if Nix, Whaley and Gailey succeed. No white knight is riding in here to fix this thing for any amount of money. We'd best hope that the guys there right now are the right ones.

and why is that? is kc so much nicer than buffalo?...no, it's the owner! wilson coulda made a play for pioli but he was satisfied with a marketing man at gm...that's all you need to know about his committment to winning.

We're bad, but there is not much of a difference between KC and the Bills despite the W/L records. KC has a better defense than us, but other than that KC's coaching is sub-par and they have a hefty contract with an under achieving QB, no passing game.

How in hell could someone even post something like this? Really?

"We're bad, but there is not much of a difference between KC and the Bills despite the W/L records."

LMAO. Really? Yeah, besides their 5 wins and our 0 wins, we are practically the same teams. Jesus.

"KC has a better defense than us."

LMAO again, really? The WHOLE LEAGUE has a better defense than us. That's a pretty big leg up I would say.

"But other than that, KC's coaching is sub-par."

ROFLMAO. Really? Todd Haley who lead Arizona's offense? Two of the most established coordinators in the league in Crennel and Weiss? Let's not even go to the front office with Pioli, because technically, he's not a coach. Wow. Although, today, I will say that I thought KC should have ran the ball more. But still, their staff is unreal.

"They have a hefty contract with an underachieving QB, no passing game."

I kind of agree here, but maybe Pioli did overestimate Cassel a bit. However, he needed someone and took a flyer on someone who had a good year in NE. We'll see how this one turns out. KC, just a short time ago, was awful. They are on the climb. We are 0-7.

Edited by Lv-Bills

How in hell could someone even post something like this? Really?

"We're bad, but there is not much of a difference between KC and the Bills despite the W/L records."

LMAO. Really? Yeah, besides their 5 wins and our 0 wins, we are practically the same teams. Jesus.

"KC has a better defense than us."

LMAO again, really? The WHOLE LEAGUE has a better defense than us. That's a pretty big leg up I would say.

"But other than that, KC's coaching is sub-par."

ROFLMAO. Really? Todd Haley who lead Arizona's offense? Two of the most established coordinators in the league in Crennel and Weiss? Let's not even go to the front office with Pioli, because technically, he's not a coach. Wow. Although, today, I will say that I thought KC should have ran the ball more. But still, their staff is unreal.

"They have a hefty contract with an underachieving QB, no passing game."

I kind of agree here, but maybe Pioli did overestimate Cassel a bit. However, he needed someone and took a flyer on someone who had a good year in NE. We'll see how this one turns out. KC, just a short time ago, was awful. They are on the climb. We are 0-7.

You suffer from many misconceptions, one being that a good co-ordinator will automatically make a good headcoach. This is Mularkey err balogna. Remember Wade Phillips? Williams? Hoody Jr. in Denver.

Haven't you noticed in Arizona Haley as offensive coordinator was mostly a passing attack with a deadly offense. His offensive magic has not taken effect over to KC. In fact it has taken on an opposite philosophy of running the football. Nothing wrong with that but overall as a head coach he looks dis-functional out there.

You suffer from many misconceptions, one being that a good co-ordinator will automatically make a good headcoach. This is Mularkey err balogna. Remember Wade Phillips? Williams? Hoody Jr. in Denver.

Haven't you noticed in Arizona Haley as offensive coordinator was mostly a passing attack with a deadly offense. His offensive magic has not taken effect over to KC. In fact it has taken on an opposite philosophy of running the football. Nothing wrong with that but overall as a head coach he looks dis-functional out there.

Really? I have the misconception huh? You can't be serious. This post is about as dumb as the first one.

Who are Haley's weapons in KC? This is his SECOND year. In his first year, his leading WR had 47 catches, Dwayne Bowe. By the way, Bowe only played in 11 games. The next best WR was their RB Jamaal Charles with 40. How pathetic is that? Well, it's pretty pathetic because this "loaded" roster had the likes of Chris Chambers (36 Rec), Bobby Wade (36 Rec), and Mark Bradley (24 Rec). What NFL Coordinator could do ANYTHING with that cast of characters? Name one? There is none. They were purging their roster and getting rid of guys like Larry Johnson etc.

One year later, Haley's second year, they are already 5-2 with pretty much the same WR's plus TE Tony Moeaki. So, Haley takes a horrible offensive roster and has produced a very good running game, and pretty much is still trying to develop Cassel. So, tell me again just how good you think Haley's offense should be with no WR's.

KC has two of the better offensive minds in the game on their sideline. There is nothing wrong with Haley or Weiss, and it's laughable for you to even suggest that.

And when you can find that I said a good coordinator will "AUTOMATICALLY" make a good head coach, please copy and paste that.

I'm pretty sure Kansas City has assembled a damn good front office and staff by anyone's standards in NFL circles. I'm also pretty sure their offense is a work in progress seeing that Chiefs were 10-38 the three years prior to this year. One with Haley, in which he was brought in to clean up the mess that had the Chiefs at 6-24 the two years prior to him arriving.

So tell me again how in the hell the Chiefs should be a dominating passing team with the cast of characters on that team right now? If anything, he is coaching to the roster's strength by developing a very good running game. Something good coaches do.

I think the Chiefs coaching is in good hands. It's a fantastic, established staff. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Didn't say that. Just come up with something new. Just critique the game and team. Every one of his posts slams Wilson. Doesn't take a lot of thought.

The Chefs are like the 2009 Broncos who started 6-0 and faded down the stretch when they played real competition.

The thing is, as things are the Chiefs don`t play a real team the rest of the year. There may be a good team mixed in here or there, or somebody might improve by the time KC meets them. But if KC is even an average team they should be able to get a winning record and win the division, provided San Diego don`t win out. Their remaining schedule consists of Oakland and Denver twice, Seattle, Arizona, St.Louis, San Diego and Tennesee. I think KC is a pretty good team. Only real problem they have is Cassel. 10-6 or even better is a strong possibility for them.

Yea...sucks to be them , they have Romeo Crennel as their DC and Charlie Weiss as their OC, Scott Pioli as their GM and have a core of very good young players, I can only wish the Bills were that much of a mess at 5-2

dude get a grip....the Bills are the laughing stock of the league at 0-7, and will never climb outta this real mess as long as Ralph Wilson lives:bag: The Bills have a mediocre QB who has been carrying the team so far, no running game and worst defense in the NFL and fans that think other teams are in bad shape because they don't crush their team

Edited by Harvey lives

Really? I have the misconception huh? You can't be serious. This post is about as dumb as the first one.

Who are Haley's weapons in KC? This is his SECOND year. In his first year, his leading WR had 47 catches, Dwayne Bowe. By the way, Bowe only played in 11 games. The next best WR was their RB Jamaal Charles with 40. How pathetic is that? Well, it's pretty pathetic because this "loaded" roster had the likes of Chris Chambers (36 Rec), Bobby Wade (36 Rec), and Mark Bradley (24 Rec). What NFL Coordinator could do ANYTHING with that cast of characters? Name one? There is none. They were purging their roster and getting rid of guys like Larry Johnson etc.

One year later, Haley's second year, they are already 5-2 with pretty much the same WR's plus TE Tony Moeaki. So, Haley takes a horrible offensive roster and has produced a very good running game, and pretty much is still trying to develop Cassel. So, tell me again just how good you think Haley's offense should be with no WR's.

KC has two of the better offensive minds in the game on their sideline. There is nothing wrong with Haley or Weiss, and it's laughable for you to even suggest that.

And when you can find that I said a good coordinator will "AUTOMATICALLY" make a good head coach, please copy and paste that.

I'm pretty sure Kansas City has assembled a damn good front office and staff by anyone's standards in NFL circles. I'm also pretty sure their offense is a work in progress seeing that Chiefs were 10-38 the three years prior to this year. One with Haley, in which he was brought in to clean up the mess that had the Chiefs at 6-24 the two years prior to him arriving.

So tell me again how in the hell the Chiefs should be a dominating passing team with the cast of characters on that team right now? If anything, he is coaching to the roster's strength by developing a very good running game. Something good coaches do.

I think the Chiefs coaching is in good hands. It's a fantastic, established staff. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Good points all.

You can't argue with these people when they decide to post stuff like this. It actually makes them feel better about the Bills when they make up stuff about other teams that flies in the face of reality.

Let them have their blankie.

They are 5-2 and a mess? What does that make us a natural disaster? Wouldn't it be nice to be 5-2, you can could call us anything you want and it wouldn't matter.

I don't think you can say that any better.

Edited by mattsox

The Raiders are sneaking up on them at 4-4, and just destroyed Denver in Denver and whipped up on Seatle yesterday.

My god. How nice would it be if the Bills were either in the AFC or NFC West. They would probably be around the middle of the pack. Those are 2 terrible divisions.

And I really like the Raiders coming down the stretch. Great running game, 2 QBs who are probably better than Cassell, and an improving, young defense.