Funny Chris Brown blurb...

Just realized this stat when I was a surveying some numbers related to Stevie Johnson.

Johnson, in the number two receiver role this season has already matched the touchdown total of the man he replaced from last season in just six games. Terrell Owens had 829 yards receiving last year on 55 catches with five touchdowns. He had a sixth TD on an end around rushing.

In fairness to Owens he did have to play in seven more games with Trent Edwards (9) than Johnson did this season (2), and it’s no coincidence that four of Owens’ five touchdowns with the Bills last season came with Ryan Fitzpatrick in the lineup.

Still Johnson’s production to this point (25 rec. 372 yards 5 TDs) is on pace to give him 66 receptions for 990 yards and 13 touchdowns by season’s end.

BAHAHA

link http://blogs.buffalo...duction-vs-t-o/

Edited by cantankerous

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

You can't really badmouth TO's skill level considering the monster numbers he is putting up this year in Cincinnati. I agree with you in that TO's performance last year was likely an aberration, and was more more due to the offense he was playing in.

It's amazing, the impact that a good scheme and good coaching can have on a player's performance.

good scheme and good coaching absolutly has made a huge impact. But it also helps when your QB isn't a scared guy with no ingame instincts. The fact edwards was SO bad in an offense with a good scheme speaks volumes.

You have hit the nail on the head with this line...Edwards got another chance because Gaily saw a bad scheme last year and hoped he could fix Trent..after 2 games he saw enough.

Interesting.

You can't really badmouth TO's skill level considering the monster numbers he is putting up this year in Cincinnati. I agree with you in that TO's performance last year was likely an aberration, and was more more due to the offense he was playing in.

It's amazing, the impact that a good scheme and good coaching can have on a player's performance.

6 games, 3 TDs with a Pro Bowl QB.

monster

40 receptions for 564 yards (4th most in the league) for a 14.1 average.

monster

That's nice. Had a great game in there somewhere.

What will the Bengals do when TO's gone next year?--- they'll be "without their lead receiver".

We clearly don't miss/need him.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I wasn't a big TO fan. I also don't think we needed to resign him. All that being said, I thought he was a total pro when he was in Buffalo and he was sincere in wanting to come in and contribute. He seemed humble and frankly just positive about his whole stay here.

He obviously taught Stevie Johnson some things. He didn't B word about stuff and I really, really appreciated it when he went off on the sidelines at the Titans game. I was there. The guy was passionate and wanted to win. He seemed to know a good QB in Fitz when he saw one. Something that our coaching staff didn't get.

All in all I was glad he played in Buffalo and am fine with him being gone. I wish him nothing but the best.

Charles

That's nice. Had a great game in there somewhere.

What will the Bengals do when TO's gone next year?--- they'll be "without their lead receiver".

We clearly don't miss/need him.

Athletically TO is a monster, but with as many drops as he has not that great of a receiver. If you watch his games in Cincy he drops them there too! I think the Bengals will draft a couple receivers this year, with some o-linemen. Scoring points hasn't ever been their problem. Defense and protecting Palmer is.

I wasn't a big TO fan. I also don't think we needed to resign him. All that being said, I thought he was a total pro when he was in Buffalo and he was sincere in wanting to come in and contribute. He seemed humble and frankly just positive about his whole stay here.

He obviously taught Stevie Johnson some things. He didn't B word about stuff and I really, really appreciated it when he went off on the sidelines at the Titans game. I was there. The guy was passionate and wanted to win. He seemed to know a good QB in Fitz when he saw one. Something that our coaching staff didn't get.

All in all I was glad he played in Buffalo and am fine with him being gone. I wish him nothing but the best.

Charles

agreed with this whole thing, except my name is Charles :thumbsup:

Yup. TO was a total pro when he was in Buffalo. He's a great player and honestly I think much more highly of him having had him on our team for a year than I did before. I also see that he's not done even though he's old. He's one of the hardest workers in the NFL.

You have hit the nail on the head with this line...Edwards got another chance because Gaily saw a bad scheme last year and hoped he could fix Trent..after 2 games he saw enough.

Maybe so , but IMO , Edwards is just not a game time QB. Edwards lit it up in practice throughout training camp , but when it mattered the most , when he was supposedly fighting for his NFL future , he couldn't perform. Edwards had all the necessary tools required for a QB to succeed except two of the most important and perhaps underrated qualities which are confidence and pocket awareness.

BTW , I will never mention Trent Edwards on this board again , ever.

Edited by stevecana

agreed with this whole thing, except my name is Charles :thumbsup:

Ah a contrarian I see ;-)

Yup. TO was a total pro when he was in Buffalo. He's a great player and honestly I think much more highly of him having had him on our team for a year than I did before. I also see that he's not done even though he's old. He's one of the hardest workers in the NFL.

Yeah, right? I think history will say he is one of the best WRs to play the game. He obviously is emotionally damaged and hopefully that part of his life will get straightened out. The "acting out" that has come out of that stuff will keep him from ever being fully accepted & appreciated.

But I can't find anything wrong with him as a professional. He stays out of legal trouble. Seems to be a good citizen and can be very charming. He also works his a** off.

He is an incredibly insecure human being. But I'm rooting for the guy.

C

Fixed

Yep, Palmer hasn't sniffed the Pro Bowl since 2006. And some people say the Pro Bowl is a total joke.

But TO is on-pace for a 106 catch, 1,500 yard, and 8 TD season. And his 3 TD's lead the Bungles and account for 30% of Palmer's TD passes. Not to mention he has a stud WR opposite him.

monster?

Yep, Palmer hasn't sniffed the Pro Bowl since 2006. And some people say the Pro Bowl is a total joke.

But TO is on-pace for a 106 catch, 1,500 yard, and 8 TD season. And his 3 TD's lead the Bungles and account for 30% of Palmer's TD passes. Not to mention he has a stud WR opposite him.

monster?

Exactly, TO is currently on pace for a monster year further showing how bad our QB and Coaches were last year. Both Fitz and Trent were terrible last year...just because Fitz gave the offense more life then Trent doesnt mean he was any good last season as they both sucked. Another reason why I dont get the Lee hatred at times on here.

Its crystal clear that Buffalo the last 3 years is the place WR's go to kill their careers. Lee is far more talented then he gets credit for and TO is showing just how much better life is with a QB who can get you the ball. Thankfully, Fitz is doing better in this new system and hopefully he can keep it up because now our WR's are becoming relevant again too. More importantly though, we need the O Line to keep playing like it did last week.

monster?

"On-pace for 1500 yards", huh? Well if he does get that many, it will be the first time in his 15 year career! The only time he came close was a decade ago when a guy named Jeff Garcia was his QB.

You clearly are counting on TO having a couple more 220 yard "monster" games to go with the rest of the 40 or 50 yards outings he's put out there this season.

"On-pace for 1500 yards", huh? Well if he does get that many, it will be the first time in his 15 year career! The only time he came close was a decade ago when a guy named Jeff Garcia was his QB.

You clearly are counting on TO having a couple more 220 yard "monster" games to go with the rest of the 40 or 50 yards outings he's put out there this season.

Naw, I don't expect TO to get 106 catches for 1,500 yards. But even 80% of those is a good season for a 36 year old receiver who some claimed was washed-up and blows up teams if he doesn't get wins/TD's, etc. Oh and BTW, he could have gotten close to 1,500 yards in 2007 had he not sat out the season finale, while Garcia hasn't been relevant on the football field since his days with TO.