Funny Chris Brown blurb...

So Rattay (he was the "someone" behind Garcia) would have thrown him 50 TDs? Really? What else can I get you to say?!

The point, at it's most basic, is that you were wrong when you said that the teams TO left were not good. They were regardless of how they are doing 2 seasons later. Come on, doc--the Cowboys made a mistake getting rid of TO??? The guy who replaced him the very next year was as good or better! And you're reaching back 4 years to compare with an event that happened this Sunday to make a point about McNabb? Really? McNabb fell "out of shape" in the 2 weeks laeding up to that SB?? Hey, maybe it was those two extra weeks he had tacked onto a 16 game season (both playoff wins) while TO was hitting the whirlpool for a month or two (and they were winning without him).

He hasn't made a team much (or any better) in many years. The Eagles and Cowboys suffered no let down the season after they wisely dumped him. Indisputable no matter how far you go back to bend your argument. The Cowboys' situation now is not due to the WRs.

Rattay barely played with TO. But in the 3 starts he got with the 49'ers and TO in 2003, he threw him a TD in each game. What other WR did Garcia "make a HOF'er?" And you didn't answer my question (more precisely, you're avoiding answering it) as to what happened to Garcia after the 49'ers (outside of that Pro Bowl worthy 2007 season)?

As to the point you're trying to make, I already said that a WR can't make a team better by himself. But outside of QB, who the rules have been changed to favor, you can't say that about any other player. So unless you're trying to say "why bother adding a good player, since in the end, he by himself won't make you win," you really have no point.

Rattay barely played with TO. But in the 3 starts he got with the 49'ers and TO in 2003, he threw him a TD in each game. What other WR did Garcia "make a HOF'er?" And you didn't answer my question (more precisely, you're avoiding answering it) as to what happened to Garcia after the 49'ers (outside of that Pro Bowl worthy 2007 season)?

As to the point you're trying to make, I already said that a WR can't make a team better by himself. But outside of QB, who the rules have been changed to favor, you can't say that about any other player. So unless you're trying to say "why bother adding a good player, since in the end, he by himself won't make you win," you really have no point.

Why are you asking me what happened to Garcia? You know the answer; he played on crappy Detroit and Cleveland teams. Then he came off the bench in Philly and took a team going nowhere, went 5-1 and took them to the playoffs--and won a playoff game (the year after TO was dumped). Then he went to Tampa and took that team to the playoffs with aging Ike Hilliard and Joey Galloway. And after 11 seasons, he was done. He finished in the top 60 QBs of all time in yards, TDs, passer rating. Not a bad career.

I know Rattay barely played--because he was behind Garcia. Nice dodge. As is "what other WR did Garcia make a HOF'er"? Gee, I don't know---I'm still trying to figure out what other WR Joe Montana and Troy Aikman made a HOF'er---that's an excellent question! Wait, I thought your mantra was "the guy can't throw himself the ball, you know"?

So still you claim that it doesn't matter if the QB was Garcia---Rattay would have thrown him the 50 TDs Garcia's place. What more can I say? You talk about "silly" claims. That's a doc classic right there.

Sure, no one receiver would make all the difference buy himself (except, obviously, TO re: Rattay). Certainly not TO.

Just realized this stat when I was a surveying some numbers related to Stevie Johnson.

Johnson, in the number two receiver role this season has already matched the touchdown total of the man he replaced from last season in just six games. Terrell Owens had 829 yards receiving last year on 55 catches with five touchdowns. He had a sixth TD on an end around rushing.

In fairness to Owens he did have to play in seven more games with Trent Edwards (9) than Johnson did this season (2), and it’s no coincidence that four of Owens’ five touchdowns with the Bills last season came with Ryan Fitzpatrick in the lineup.

Still Johnson’s production to this point (25 rec. 372 yards 5 TDs) is on pace to give him 66 receptions for 990 yards and 13 touchdowns by season’s end.

BAHAHA

link http://blogs.buffalo...duction-vs-t-o/

TO was nothing but a good thing for the Bills ... he was the perfect teammate and tried to share his knowledge of the game with the young receivers including Stevie and Hardy. It's so great to see him putting up good numbers this year ....

That being said, it was time to get the young guys into the game by saying goodbye to Reed and TO. Look what we have with Nelson and Stevie plus the resurrected careers of Parrish (I am eating crow on Roscoe all year ... I was so wrong about him) and Evans.

Why are you asking me what happened to Garcia? You know the answer; he played on crappy Detroit and Cleveland teams. Then he came off the bench in Philly and took a team going nowhere, went 5-1 and took them to the playoffs--and won a playoff game (the year after TO was dumped). Then he went to Tampa and took that team to the playoffs with aging Ike Hilliard and Joey Galloway. And after 11 seasons, he was done. He finished in the top 60 QBs of all time in yards, TDs, passer rating. Not a bad career.

I know Rattay barely played--because he was behind Garcia. Nice dodge. As is "what other WR did Garcia make a HOF'er"? Gee, I don't know---I'm still trying to figure out what other WR Joe Montana and Troy Aikman made a HOF'er---that's an excellent question! Wait, I thought your mantra was "the guy can't throw himself the ball, you know"?

So still you claim that it doesn't matter if the QB was Garcia---Rattay would have thrown him the 50 TDs Garcia's place. What more can I say? You talk about "silly" claims. That's a doc classic right there.

Sure, no one receiver would make all the difference buy himself (except, obviously, TO re: Rattay). Certainly not TO.

Ah, I see. Garcia wasn't responsible for the Lions and Browns sucking, but he was responsible for the Eagles going to the playoffs and winning a playoff game in 2006, since they couldn't have done it without him. And that 1 TD/game and 18th ranked scoring offense really was the difference in the Bucs making the playoffs in 2007. Oh yeah, and he made TO a HOF'er with his 50 TD passes, despite the great Tim Rattay managing to throw him a TD/game. Nevermind comparing Garcia to Montana and Aikman. While we're at it, we can give credit to Daunte Culpepper for making Randy Moss a HOF'er, since he threw him 54 TD passes!

I think it's safe to say that you're the biggest Jeff Garcia fan next to the former Ms. DeCesare. Not that there's anything wrong with that.