Chidlress doesnt want Favre to play

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81baf175/article/will-favre-play-wouldnt-put-anything-past-me-qb-says?module=HP_headlines

Still, the decision might not be Favre's to make. According to a report in Friday's Minneapolis Star Tribune, Vikings coach Brad Childress is leaning toward starting Tarvaris Jackson on Sunday. The report, which cites an NFL source, goes on to say that Favre has confided in people close to him that he's not convinced Childress will let him play.

My question here is does Brad Childress have to the power to sit Favre? Personally i think Favre is the HC here and if Childress sits him you can bet the vikes will quit on BC entirely. It seems to me he has lost control of his team the day he gave Favre 2 Milillion MORE to come back this year

Childress is an utter dope. I could back him on benching Favre if he had a clue about how to run an offense but he doesn't. He is just on a power trip.

It's sad and unfortunate we've come this far in professional sports. The head coach is the head coach. He has the power to decide who plays and who doesn't.

Now, of course Favre has immense implied power, and is one of the NFL's biggest names. It's lame that the stars dictate the narrative, but that's how it works.

Like the Devils head man benching Kovalchuk, I respect the move, but I think we're in a bad place that MacLean is looked at as an idiot for wanting to hold all of his players to the same standard.

Any other business, the boss is the boss. The employees can't just set the terms and expect to keep their jobs. How this has switched so heavily in pro sports is unsettling. Why have coaches if they have no power over the over paid players anymore?

It's sad and unfortunate we've come this far in professional sports. The head coach is the head coach. He has the power to decide who plays and who doesn't.

Now, of course Favre has immense implied power, and is one of the NFL's biggest names. It's lame that the stars dictate the narrative, but that's how it works.

Like the Devils head man benching Kovalchuk, I respect the move, but I think we're in a bad place that MacLean is looked at as an idiot for wanting to hold all of his players to the same standard.

Any other business, the boss is the boss. The employees can't just set the terms and expect to keep their jobs. How this has switched so heavily in pro sports is unsettling. Why have coaches if they have no power over the over paid players anymore?

Maybe because the guy who owns the team understands that no one will pay to see Tavares Jackson play football?

If Childress doesnt think Favre gives them the best chance to win, he has not only the right BUT the responsibility to start Jackson.

Im shocked at people in the media like Jaworsky saying hed be crazy to sit Favre.

BS.

His responsibility as HC is to win games ... PERIOD.

And people who think Jackson is so bad, do they really think Vikes would be worse than 2 & 4 if he'd played this season?

A good coach does have power over his players. A coach that lets his players tell him what to do is a bad coach.

Favre is nothing more than a distraction at this point - a liability who should have retired after last season. Jackson should play.

Agreed....However Favre has been a distraction since leaving GB IMHO......He just doesn't know how to retire gracefully, and frankly the drama queen act is getting old. Strike that. it got old quite a while ago.

The Vikes will be battling the Bills for the top QB in the draft. They may get him, because they're done winning (for the most part) this year... we're just getting it going... What a ****ty way for Farve* to end it... pecker in the news and gimping & limping into argument with their moron-looking coach.

If for some odd reason our former all-stars (Big Pat and Antoine) get them to .500, and if the Gay Irishman Fitzpatrick keeps his moxy-machine rolling, I might just consider trading 1st round picks with Childress and accepting their 2nd rounder and letting them take that QB.

*I spell it like it sounds.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81baf175/article/will-favre-play-wouldnt-put-anything-past-me-qb-says?module=HP_headlines

Still, the decision might not be Favre's to make. According to a report in Friday's Minneapolis Star Tribune, Vikings coach Brad Childress is leaning toward starting Tarvaris Jackson on Sunday. The report, which cites an NFL source, goes on to say that Favre has confided in people close to him that he's not convinced Childress will let him play.

My question here is does Brad Childress have to the power to sit Favre? Personally i think Favre is the HC here and if Childress sits him you can bet the vikes will quit on BC entirely. It seems to me he has lost control of his team the day he gave Favre 2 Milillion MORE to come back this year

To be honest , I've been rooting for the Vikings and more so Favre all year. It would be great to see a legend come and win it all. I love the underdogs.

To be honest , I've been rooting for the Vikings and more so Favre all year. It would be great to see a legend come and win it all. I love the underdogs.

Me too.

But we seem to be a little underrepresented in the current tough guy/hater culture. :rolleyes:

Me too. I like a lot of the players on Vikings and thought it was horrible how the officials let the Saints get away with murder in last years NFC Champ game. BUT that doesnt make me say start Favre just to keep the streak alive, even if you think its not your best chance to win.

Me too. I like a lot of the players on Vikings and thought it was horrible how the officials let the Saints get away with murder in last years NFC Champ game. BUT that doesnt make me say start Favre just to keep the streak alive, even if you think its not your best chance to win.

Must. Bite. Tongue.

I'm not sure how much they got away with. There was one hit that couldve been flagged that wasn't but that was on a drive where they already did flag a clean one. I think the refs let those two cancel out because they were so close.

Unless you advocate ejections I'm not sure what the NFL "let" them get away with. Even so it was Hargrove and McCray - both of which are backups, one of which can't make a roster this year so I'm not sure it wouldve changed the game. Granted, a game that close you never know.